Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Compares & Patch fixes > Patch fix archive
User Name
Password

Old 11-01-2002, 04:39 PM   #16
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

If you are using certain mods (mine, Kaori, Vert and others included) that modify EQUI.xml or EQUI_Animations.xml, they WILL NOT work if you copy the default one over. Same goes for various other files, depending on the mod. If you want to use a complete custom UI developed by somebody else, you have two choices when Sony patches: either use default till the developer comes out with a fix, or know enough about xml that you can go into your UIErrors file, figure out what's wrong with which file, and fix it. If you start just deleting/copying over whatever file somebody tells you to, you'll most likely only end up making things worse for yourself.

Oh, and re: the playerwindow thing, I had same problem, you just need to put the pethp gauge back in and set it to size 0,0.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 11-01-2002, 08:08 PM   #17
Omnedon
A Hill Giant

Server: Cazic Thule

I use a mix of Vert, Zeremus, and the Old EQ UI. The way that I did it works fine, but I don't plan on leaving it that way, because the files will be affected every time there is a patch.

It worked well for me last night, when no one could figure out a fix that would work in all situations.

The fix that I posted on this thread worked for everyone in the Chat last night, literally hundreds of folks.

I DO understand that when you copy/paste the uifiles default folder contents into a blank cutom UI folder, and then unzip or paste your custom UI OVER the copied/pasted default files, you leave your Custom UI open to get screwed in the next patch that changes any files.

So, although it is not a perfect fix, at least it worked for now, and we all were able to get back on and join the Halloween quests.
Old 11-01-2002, 08:35 PM   #18
chebby8
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Angry NOT WORKING

STILLL

i coped the hole Defalt folder and still its messed up GRRRRR
HELP ME PLEASE

Old 11-01-2002, 09:04 PM   #19
Ibekez
A Bat

Server: Xev
Default Bazaar error

I'm getting this error.

Error: Could not find child BZR_MaxPriceLabel in window BazaarSearchWnd

Error: Could not find child BZR_MinPriceLabel in window BazaarSearchWnd

Error: Could not find child BZR_MaxPriceInput in window BazaarSearchWnd

Error: Could not find child BZR_MinPriceInput in window BazaarSearchWnd

Can someone help plz
Old 11-02-2002, 11:50 AM   #20
juntan
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally posted by Omnedon
Here is what I ended up doing. I tried everything on this post, and yes, I did it all, including adding the raid stuff to my custom folder.

I deleted my custom UI.

I made a new folder in my uifiles.

I copied ALL FILES from my uifiles\default file.

I pasted them into my new, uifiles\new folder.

I downloaded my UI again and unzipped it into the uifiles\new folder and let it overwrite all the files.

I changed my UISKIN= "old UI", in the eqclient.ini back to UISKIN=Default.

I logged into game...hurray! I got in without being booted. Default mode is working at least...now time to see if I can load my old custom UI.

After Logging in, I typed /loadskin New folder.

Poof. Everything is fine and dandy now.

Old 11-02-2002, 11:51 AM   #21
juntan
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally posted by Omnedon
Here is what I ended up doing. I tried everything on this post, and yes, I did it all, including adding the raid stuff to my custom folder.

I deleted my custom UI.

I made a new folder in my uifiles.

I copied ALL FILES from my uifiles\default file.

I pasted them into my new, uifiles\new folder.

I downloaded my UI again and unzipped it into the uifiles\new folder and let it overwrite all the files.

I changed my UISKIN= "old UI", in the eqclient.ini back to UISKIN=Default.

I logged into game...hurray! I got in without being booted. Default mode is working at least...now time to see if I can load my old custom UI.

After Logging in, I typed /loadskin New folder.

Poof. Everything is fine and dandy now.

where do you go to download UI?
Old 11-02-2002, 05:56 PM   #22
Omnedon
A Hill Giant

Server: Cazic Thule

Right now the UI I use has been updated, so you can download a new version...well the main one. I use a mixed version.

Let me explain. Perhaps 'download' was not the correct word.

I did a select all\copy in my custom UI folder. I pasted it into a file on my desktop. Then I deleted my custom UI folder and made a new, empty one.

So, I "select all\copy" from the "uifiles\default" file.

Pasted it into my brand new, empty, custom ui file.

Then did a "select all\copy" of my custom files that I had moved to the file on my desktop.

Opened up my new custom UI folder, which now has all the default files in it, and pasted the custom files back in....when it prompted me about overwriting I selected "yes to all".

What that did was put ALL the default files in my custom folder, then placed my ui files over them. Any NEW files made by the patch on the 31st were now in place in my custom folder, allowing the UI to function properly now.

But understand, when you have all the default files in your custom UI, it leaves your UI open for getting screwed with each patch that changes any of those default files. So this was only a temporary fix.

Now, my main UIs, Zeremus and Vert are both updated, so I just use the updated version now and have deleted that other folder.

It worked for many, many people who were in the chat room, freaking on the GMs, who could do nothing but sit in there with their tongues hanging out..

If I were you, and hadn't been able to get my UI working this long after the patch, I woul delete my UI completely, go to Vert, or Zeremus (ZW3), or whoever, and download their version anew, as if it were for the first time.

If you like some of the things, but not all, then do like me....use their UI as a base UI, and add changes to it as you like.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:05 AM   #23
crypter
A Fire Beetle

The error I am getting is the following.. If anyone can help Id be really happy

UIErrorLog created at Sun Nov 03 00:43:20 2002
[Sun Nov 03 00:43:21 2002] [Line:5 Source:UIFiles\rogue1\EQUI_CastingWindow.xml] Schema error - Duplicate item Casting_Gauge
[Sun Nov 03 00:43:21 2002] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:48 AM   #24
Lady Qutie
A Gray Wolf

ok. First I got the XML isn't loading upon zoning crap. Then I got the "crash to desktop when you enter game or try to zone with UI" crap.

This is the only thing I did.

I put the EQUI and latest Raid window stuff in my CUSTOM folder.

I then opened my XML File and added these two lines to the end of the area where INCLUDES are, since it was not there.

<Include>EQUI_RaidWindow.xml</Include>
<Include>EQUI_RaidOptionsWindow.xml</Include>

NOTE: I DID NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE. I simply added these two lines and I have not had either problem happen to me again.

Make sure when you are adding this line you do it before /caption.

Thank you and good luck.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:08 PM   #25
Trixa

Unhappy HELP please

I have been using the Rax UI file. I love this UI because the hotboxes make it where one UI for all characters.

well I have since had to go to default, even if i manage to change the things you all said, and loadskin, as soon as i zone, crash..desktop here i come.

well i thought "Trix just go check the UIERROR.txt like these folks said" so i did jus that.

i have crashed at least 100 times due to this, and all i get from the uierror.txt is the following...

UIErrorLog created at Mon Nov 04 03:44:17 2002

nothing else in it.

any help with this>?

Old 11-04-2002, 08:37 PM   #26
Sabbena
A Bat

Server: Veeshan

So, I tried every single suggestion and I finally got the Vert skin that was posted in this section and the patch and everything, but I am still getting an error, and it still crashed me. Now, I am a complete computer moron, but I know I did this right. I don't understand all the XML stuff though. If anyone could please help me, I'd appreciate it.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:13 PM   #27
Magisterdark
A Bat

Server: Solusek Ro

Things are just great for me.

Not only did I COMPLETELY reload EQ from scratch, turn off the NewUI but I seem to have something no one else has:

ALL the MOBs are using the Default Bald Human Toons.

Yeppers. I clean up by geeking Bald Giant Woman.

Can someone say "SLEEPER" ?

Mags