Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-11-2008, 03:53 AM   #1
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Changing appearance of Vertical scroll

If Style_VScroll is true, does anyone know how to change the appearance of the scroll button up/down/middle without changing the draw template? I am using WDT_Inner and have a container with V scroll to scroll through the buffs in the target window, but the up and down arrows look really bad. Was wondering if there was a way to change their size or style.
Darkmatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:34 AM   #2
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Just copy the template from EQUI_Templates.xml and create your own custom WDT. That's what I did with my group window and it's not as hard as you might think. Having your own templates in your files makes them much more portable, and helps prevent anything breaking with patches.

You won't see it in the screenshot, but if you download my group window and have a look you'll see that the cursors are slightly smaller, there's no band in the middle obscuring them, and I also changed the colour slightly. Feel free to help yourself to any of the code or graphics:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5745

Regarding the size of the buttons, EQ bases the initial size on the size of your graphics, but also scales them down automatically as you shrink your control (on the vertical axis).

What I'm now doing with any custom graphics like this is forcing myself to follow a naming convention so it's easy to find the right files & pieces. My filenames are now following this format:

EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
EQUI_GroupWindow_Myxiplx_Background.tga

Which makes it really easy to find all the required files for any one piece.

Then within the xml for each item, anything I modify gets prefixed with my name, and it's location, something like this:

Myx_Group_Background
Myx_Player_XP_Gauge
WDT_Myx_Target_TinyScroll

If you do that, it makes it really easy to move pieces from one piece to another - just doing a search replace to change "Myx_Group" to "Myx_Player" is enough to copy pieces without any name clashes, and without affecting any standard parts.
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:37 AM   #3
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Bleh, meant target window, sorry:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5348

And here's a newer screenshot showing my target window scroll icons:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5348
Old 11-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but another option is to change the window pieces tga that holds your butons. I didn't like the look of mine so went through uis till I found one I liked then snagged the window pieces for it and put it in my ui.

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Thanks, both good ideas. I was going to start with the custom draw template and see if that works, otherwise i'll browse through some other buttons.

The only thing I am confused on now is the custom target box tga file. The target window I am modifying originally started with this:

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=2650

Notice how smooth the color transition is from left to right as it fades? Now, it looks washed out and you can see diagonal lines here:

I am not sure if this is a graphics setting that can be changed on the PC side (i have stuff set to low settings) or if it's a hard coded change sony made. Anyone know?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #6
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Might be worth trying a change of colour depth (16 bit / 24 bit), but I'm not really sure how you can fix that I'm afraid.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #7
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

Might want to check and make sure your element sizes are correct..I had a similar problem and what I found out was I had the left side actually stretching across to almost the right side and it gave half the animation a washed out look and put lines through the screen.

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
Might want to check and make sure your element sizes are correct..I had a similar problem and what I found out was I had the left side actually stretching across to almost the right side and it gave half the animation a washed out look and put lines through the screen.
Hal

I'm still at work so have not been able to test anything yet, but do you think the fact that I use anchor offsets to size the target indicators instead of <size> <location> tags could cause this?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Only that it's easier to get confused and have a piece that's not the size you thought when using offsets.

Might be worth double checking which border the offsets come from, it's easy to miss settings like TopAnchorFromTop=false.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #10
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx
Only that it's easier to get confused and have a piece that's not the size you thought when using offsets.

Might be worth double checking which border the offsets come from, it's easy to miss settings like TopAnchorFromTop=false.

Dang, I did everything, and nothing works. I turned the details, bit depth, everything to high, used the exact size and locations as the original window. I even took away the size locations of every animation except for the Fill, and made the Fill the same size as the target box, and I got the same results.

The only thing I wasn't able to try was using an ATI card instead of Nvidia, but I am guessing the same thing would happen. Either changing to the 5 different target box pieces broke how it displays the TGA file, or something else they changed broke it.