Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 01-10-2018, 08:02 AM   #1
erfg12
A Fire Beetle

Default EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml spellbook btn

I cannot get the spellbook button to appear on EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml

I uploaded the skin UI I'm working on at https://github.com/erfg12/titanium-classicui

There is some sample code with a working spellbook button, but I can't get it working on mine. Here's the sample theme: http://neondawg.com/~Reg/eq/classic.rar

EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml ...

Code:
<Button item="CSPW_SpellBook"> <ScreenID>CSPW_SpellBook</ScreenID> <!--<Font>3</Font>--> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>-1</X> <Y>318</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>18</CX> <CY>11</CY> </Size> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <TooltipReference>Opens and closes Your Spellbook</TooltipReference> <Style_Checkbox>true</Style_Checkbox> <!--<RadioGroup/>--> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>A_BookBtnNormal</Normal> <Pressed>A_BookBtnPressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_BookBtnFlyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_BookBtnDisabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_BookBtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </ButtonDrawTemplate> </Button> <Screen item = "CastSpellWnd"> ......... <Pieces>CSPW_SpellBook</Pieces> ......... </Screen>

EQUI_Animations.xml ...
Code:
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_BookBtnNormal"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>window_pieces01.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>181</X> <Y>61</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>22</CX> <CY>22</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation>

It looks correct to me. No errors present in UIErrors.txt

Last edited by erfg12 : 01-10-2018 at 10:23 AM.
erfg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

<Location>
<X>-1</X>
<Y>318</Y>
</Location>

Try changing the X and Y to 0 (zero)

See if it shows. If it does (mind you it may be behind something else), then you will need to put in the correct Loc's.
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #3
erfg12
A Fire Beetle

I tried making the size 100x100 so I could see it even if it was hidden behined something, I also tried 0 0 position and 100 0 and moving the castspellwindow around to see if it was peaking around some other position, but still nothing.

UPDATE: Ok, looks like if I click where 0 0 would be, it opens the spellbook! So that's good. Not 100% sure why the spellbook image isn't showing.

Can I put CSPW_SpellBook piece in another .xml or does it have to be in EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml?

UPDATE2: I grabbed another window_pieces01.tga from another skin and poof it appeared! Strange, I opened the original window_pieces01.tga with photoshop and it didn't appear to be corrupt or anything... not 100% sure why that happened. O well. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by erfg12 : 01-10-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:56 AM   #4
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfg12
Thanks for the help!

You bet, glad you got it resolved
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #5
erfg12
A Fire Beetle

Quick question. Can I somehow make the spellbook open via a button programmed in to a different .xml file?