User Name
Password

Old 06-26-2003, 07:55 AM   #1
Ainyan
A Ghoul

Server: Torvonnilous
Send a message via ICQ to Ainyan Send a message via AIM to Ainyan
Default Black UI (re)

Well, I'm not sure what ever happened to it the last time I posted it and uploaded it, since I never recieved word and it was never placed, but I know enough people out there like it, so... here it is again:

* Green to Red health bars - easy tracking of life for yourself, your party, and your target.

* 8 Gear slots, changeable as you wish, for easy clicking.

* Attack-On flashing box surrounds target rather than player

* More. Just more. ^.^

Here's the picture.

Here's the zip.

Here's my email: [email protected]. This one I check... sorry Peacock users! =(

I'm also willing to customize it for you if you are unsure about doing it yourself, just toss me an email.
Ainyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 07:58 AM   #2
Tinkfu
___

Server: None

very nice Ainyan I might have to borrow your health bars :-) j/k

Master Tinkfu The Gearless
<Anti-Bards of Norrath>
(microsoft free since 6/20/03)
FUm2 (codename PatchShield)
FUm1 (codename SwapSpace)
Old 06-26-2003, 08:04 AM   #3
Ainyan
A Ghoul

Server: Torvonnilous
Send a message via ICQ to Ainyan Send a message via AIM to Ainyan

They're not very hard to duplicate. ^.^ It's just a matter of shading the health bar graphic and setting your fill color to white. =)
Ainyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:53 PM   #4
Dahnyiel
A Gray Wolf

Well, I downloaded the Black UI ("new" release) a couple days ago... And it refuses to work.

I've installed literally dozens of UI's, and the only thing I can think of is that the included "UI_yourname_servername" file is incorrect, and/or one of the xml files are bad.

I have a slow system, so I was only able to minimally test separate xml files. each one appears to work correctly on their own, but when I try to load the whole package, it uses the "Black" tga files, but otherwise uses ALL default xml files.

I don't have the experience to tear apart each little tidbit and pick up what minute thing might be wrong, but I noticed, off the bat, in the UI_name_server file, the UISkin= was set to default, not the directory for black, and it had a ton of autojoin channels in it. These 2 things alone had me curious if the issue isn't maybe that the wrong ui_name_server wasn't included...

Please get back to me on this soon... I've been wanting to use this ui, as even at 1024x768, I get fair lag (I have an older system) so I need a sleek, simple, but complete interface to cut down on video stress while giving me all the casting, melee, and pet info I need.

I've tried other "sleek" ones, but they are either too busy, or (in the case of vertminimal2) has inferior components that are important to me (i.e.; vertmin's pet window missing most of the important info, such as health, buffs, etc).

Thanks,

Dahnyiel
Dahnyiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:19 PM   #5
Keilia
A Hill Giant

Server: Tunare

This UI is great!

Only thing that I really am wanting for it, is a horizontal combat abilities window.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:44 AM   #6
Dahnyiel
A Gray Wolf

In downloads, it's the second on the list in Complete Sets >> Futuristic.

I tried it again today...same results...I just grabbed the first half-dozen or so xml files and they worked, but throw the whole thing in and ALL default xmls are used... Not even the ones tested good will load with the whole package in there...almost like one of the mod xmls tells it to go back to the default folder for source files.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:50 AM   #7
Lothay
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I downloaded the zip file and took a look inside. I did NOT install the mod.

It looks like the author has included a fair number of .XML files that aren't needed. If you really want to get this to work, you'll have to move things in a piece at a time. I strongly strongly strongly doubt that there are actual mods done to files like;
  • SIDL.xml
  • EQUI_FacePick.xml
  • EQUI_EditLabelWnd.xml

And, the zip file seems remarkable short on graphics. Perhaps this is a case of uploading the wrong stuff?
Old 02-06-2004, 03:26 PM   #8
Dahnyiel
A Gray Wolf

This is the link to the file info page here on eqinterface.com: Black UI
Old 02-06-2004, 03:33 PM   #9
Dahnyiel
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Lothay
And, the zip file seems remarkable short on graphics. Perhaps this is a case of uploading the wrong stuff?

You know... I was thinking the same thing...that when this update of his older Black UI was done, the wrong directory was included, or something... Yet there's over 1500 tallied dl's of this ui without a single remark I can find in the forums of problems/solutions regarding this... I was hoping that, instead of a "hey, this skin is great!" response, I would have found other similar stories and/or responses on how to make it work right... I found neither.

And Carienn, I appreciate you trying to look into it. In the meantime, I'm using vertminimal2 and Fang's Pet window (since, to be honest, the vertminimal2 pet window xml bites for pet classes, as it shows only 3 buttons, no buffs, no pet health, etc etc. lol But, just tossing in the tga and xml from Fang's pet window, it makes a gorgeous and quite compatible window. Once I'm done mixing and matching, maybe I'll include a d/l of the complete modifications I've made for those with limited system resources that want a full-featured ui that's sleek and simple at the same time.