Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Tutorials & Info. > SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle Tutorials & Info.
User Name
Password

Old 03-12-2003, 10:20 AM   #151
fresnik
A Fire Beetle

Server: Veeshan

Anyone tried this on linux? I downloaded and installed java runtime environment 1.3.1 and unzipped both fiddle_0_7_3.zip and fiddle_libraries.zip in the same directory, but only get:
Code:
$ java -jar fiddle.jar java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lcom/barbre/fiddle/MainFrame; at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.main(Fiddle.java:174) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke0(Method.java:nativ e) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:256) at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main(ExecJarName.java:66) at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main(ExecJar.java:71)

Any ideas?
fresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:30 AM   #152
Kradak
A Gray Wolf

Have one issue with program so far.
And it is with the desktop section being black. is there anyway to change it to different color?
Kradak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 06:56 PM   #153
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

desktop: can be changed by going to view menu and select load background image. You can't change the color yet, but you can put an EQ screenshot as the background.

Linux: No clue. I don't use linux but since it can't find the MainFrame I'd say that some environment variable isn't set right. I have no clue what to look for though. You run EQ on linux?
Ambros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 09:56 AM   #154
fresnik
A Fire Beetle

Server: Veeshan

Yeah, with winex EQ runs even smoother on linux than on Win2k (screenshot).

I'll check on the environment setting and let you know.
fresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 11:16 AM   #155
Kunis Marfury
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Sébilis
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

got an issue too :/
Quote:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMExceptio
n
at com.barbre.fiddle.menus.InterfaceMenu.<init>(InterfaceMenu.java:34)
at com.barbre.fiddle.MainMenu.<init>(MainMenu.java:25)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.setupFrame(Fiddle.java:11 7)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.init(Fiddle.java:69)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.getInstance(Fiddle.java:5 6)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.main(Fiddle.java:174)

any idea ?

edit : ok i'm dumb... ive just read the FAQ...

Last edited by Kunis Marfury : 03-13-2003 at 12:23 PM.
Kunis Marfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 07:37 PM   #156
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

That is cool. I tried Linux, but the maintenance and lack of professional documentation (the docs for my modem said "your modem sucks"), and horrible install procedures killed it for me.

I noticed you are running Kaffe. Is it 1.3.1 compatible? I haven't ever used it.

Update: I just checked the Kaffe website. It links to a compatibility site that indicates it is 100% NOT compatible with Java Swing. Try using the Sun JVM instead.

Last edited by Ambros : 03-13-2003 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:20 PM   #157
drylar
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xev

Ok, nice and all, where do I get it? All the links to download anything on the downloads page of the website are broken (except the link to Sun's website). I'd really like to try this out.
drylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 04:52 PM   #158
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

Default Oops!

Sorry about that. I just changed web hosts and forgot about the zip files. My bad.

Should be back by 5:30pm CST.

BTW...never pay for geocities!
Old 04-26-2003, 06:32 PM   #159
drylar
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xev

Ok. Here's what I've done and what it's (not) doing. I installed the Java runtimes, then fiddle. I attempted to run it, and got a bunch of errors, checked the faq, then got the runtimes. (There are a few of us that DO check them!) I downloaded and installed the runtimes.

All seemed fine and dandy, I chose the correct folder, and it fired up. I went and chose a skin, nothing happened (other than the radio button showed I had selected it.) I tried 'load screen', nada. On the listbox, I tried selecting 'PlayerWindow' and the status line said 'parsing d:\everquest\uifiles/EQ_Animations.xml' then it slid off the status bar, and nothing happened. I see no change in anything, other than the file selected now says PlayerWindow.

None of the skins load anything, and I see the same parsing message whenever I attempt to load any file. It just never populates the element list.

Am I missing something? Or did I do something wrong.
...I just went and reinstalled it all over again... no change.
...I just tried 0.7.2 and 0.7.1 and they do the same thing, and it appears that it does something (too quick to read) before getting stuck at parsing the animations file.

Any ideas? It looks much more promising than SidlWidl, and would like to see something that is still active replace it. I'm not a fan of abandonware.

-Drylar, Vah Shir Shaman on Xev
drylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 06:41 PM   #160
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

Once you have the player window selected you can open the screen. Check out the tutorial as well (click on the "docs" link at the top).
Old 05-30-2003, 03:54 PM   #161
Adamax
A Ghoul

Server: Bertoxxilous

Ok...got it to work with WinXP (512MB ram) and Java 1.4.1 after fiddling (no pun intended) around a bit. Very impressive for a beta. There are a couple things I'd like to see changed/added...

1). Gamma Correction is still having problems displaying window/element. Change the default GUI interface background to another color instead of black or add a user selectable color???

2). Add "Save AS" to file menu so that window/elements being worked on can be saved to a new location. "Copy XML file" doesn't allow for renaming XML file.

3). Add double-click to elements so they auto-launch the open screen GUI for that element (or window).

4). Add grouping of elements together using the left mouse button. That way you can move individual elements as a group.

5). "Load Background Image" defaults to the "My Documents" directory each time you launch the command. Change it to load from user-defined directory where image files are stored.

Keep up the good work,

Adamax Neeve
61 Oracle
Bertoxxulous Server
Adamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 07:43 PM   #162
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

Default Thanks

I like your suggestions. I'll see if I can add them before too long. Although, since I don't have EQ any longer I never know if they have changed SIDL. As long as they don't I can still work on the program.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:51 PM   #163
mungky
A Gray Wolf

Default error see if you can help

Hey I got the 7.3 version and the libraries but keep getting this error in attached file if you can help thanks

~Mungky
Attached Files
File Type: txt error.txt (16.2 KB, 53 views)
mungky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 08:39 PM   #164
Giliyad
A Gray Wolf

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Default Is it dead, Jim?

No posts here since June? Is this thread dead? I like the program. I was wondering if there were any more updates in the works?
Giliyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 10:58 PM   #165
Grymm
A Fire Beetle

well after he quit eq, the support wasn't there for him to keep working on it...
it does work and can take awhile to get it working just need to keep at it...
if more users were willing to provide support in form of a donation to make it less of a loss for him, time, resources and such he would be willing to keep working on it...