Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Compares & Patch fixes > Patch fix archive
User Name
Password

Old 01-10-2003, 09:22 PM   #1
Whukes
A Bat

Default How to make your **** never break

After my UI broke about 15 times in a row (damn patches) i decided to think of a way to make my UI UNBREAKABLE.

First, Instead of copying the entire default folder over to the new UI's folder your going to use, dont do that. Just copy the files that your UI uses into your UI's folder. That way if your missing a window, it pulls it from default.

Second, There is a file in your default and your UI's directory called EQUI.xml. This file conatins all the <INCLUDE> thingies for all the windows. So what you do is you copy all the includes from the default folder, and paste them into your EQUI.xml file for your UI. Now you want to make sure u have NO DUPLICATES OR YOUR UI WILL NOT LOAD! If you use some custom <INCLUDES> (i know quartz uses EQUI_Quartz.xml) then make sure to include those as well. The way i do it is i keep all the default **** on the top part of the EQUI and all the custom stuff on the bottom. That way i can easily write over the entire top half.

If you follow those steps your UI should never break. And SoE decides to add more windows just add the includes to your EQUI.xml file. Very easy and simple. Hopefully this will help some people who get tired of having their **** break.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:21 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Editted the thread completely to leave the relevant information in and take the rest of the ... shmozzle ... out. However, I will leaving the thread in existance, as the information is essentially correct.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group

Last edited by Cairenn : 01-30-2003 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:07 PM   #3
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Yes, this is not new to most poeple who read the boards

Yes, Cairenn is correct in locking this post when it got out of hand

Yes, I personally will be trimming out the flaming but leaving the useful info once you both have read the replies..

and No, do not EVER copy your default folder unless you want to use it as a base to build a UI from scratch.. and I would only do that as "source files" not as my load directory..

Stratix is wrong in his instructions.. BUT he wrote those instructions in August when it DID require you to copy your entire default folder.

Soo everyone smile, take a deep breath.. and go kill something in EQ instead of each other here.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]