User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2002, 12:59 PM   #46
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Solskjaer
When I attempt to view the xml file though it will not open, and upon checking the properties it actually has a file size of 0. Obviously my problem. I repeated the generation and download of the file, and made sure that generation completed before saving it. /xml was the last line. Unfortunately it did the same thing.

I also tried to view source and save it that way but it said, source of xml file not available for viewing.

It sounds like you have the same problem that a few other people have reported, which prevents their browser from saving the file (they always ended up with 0-size file).

The solution here is to right-click and use "View Source", but you need to do it as the first thing after the file is downloaded (if you try to use File > Save As first, or if you clicked on any of the elements, then you'll get the "source not available" error). From Ilian's post on this issue:
Quote:
Originally posted by ilian
i had to click on view source RIGHT after i generated the xml.. If i tried to save as first, or i clicked on anything in the file, then the source would be unavailable.

It works and looks great!!

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 01:10 PM   #47
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Re: question

Quote:
Originally posted by Enchasze
But do the timers pop up for each individual mezz cast, or is it set someother type - since most times we have a few mezzed.

I.E. cast dazzle, one timer pops up? then cast dazzle again , another timer for that casted mez, and on and on??

Player-made UI mods are very limited in what they are able to do, due to the limitations placed on them (they can only modify appearance, not add any functionality). Therefore there is no way to "hook up" a timer to an in-game event. The timer keeps running, and when you cast mez, you can do one of the following things:

- If using the bar-style timer, use the slider to mark the current position of the bar. It will take the bar exactly one full duration (length of mez) of the timer for the bar to reach the slider again.

- If using the dial-style timer, use the tick marker to mark either the current tick or the ending tick. The dial face represents one minute, with each tick representing a 6-second in-game tick.

- As an alternative, since mez is very short in duration, you can simply "eyeball" the timer and keep a mental note of it. This will work for bar-style, dial-style, and digital-style timers.

As far as multiple mezzes go: I usually cast each mez in succession, so I use one timer to time the first mez in the series. Then, when the timer lets me know that I need to refresh the first mez, I then proceed to refresh all of them in sequence. Alternatively, you can also create additional timers for these if you so choose.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:09 PM   #48
Cijam
A Snow Griffin

Server: The Tribunal

You might have answered this question previously, please forgive me if that is the case....

Is there anyway on each timer you could put a button which moves the slider to the correct place on the bar when that button was pushed..

When I am timing a longer item its hard to get it on RIGHT now part of the bar you know what I mean so on a 2 hour timer I might be off a bit if I dont get the slider to the right point..

Do I make sense? Have I repeated someone elses question?

Thank you
Cijam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 08:17 PM   #49
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nasus
Is there anyway on each timer you could put a button which moves the slider to the correct place on the bar when that button was pushed..

When I am timing a longer item its hard to get it on RIGHT now part of the bar you know what I mean so on a 2 hour timer I might be off a bit if I dont get the slider to the right point..

Unfortunately that is not possible given the limitations of UI mods, as the slider does not have any connection to the position of the bar. The slider is just a horizontal scroll bar that is overlayed on top of a animated bar graphic. Thus, there isn't any way to "know" the position of the bar, since the timer is not a program. On a somewhat related note however, for v4.0 of the timer, I am putting in a row of buttons that will let you click on the location where you want the marker. This will replace the slider and allow you to mark the bar without dragging, but there will be a loss of granularity. Both methods of marking the bar will remain as options in the XML generator.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:12 PM   #50
Cijam
A Snow Griffin

Server: The Tribunal

As I thought... but figured wouldnt hurt to ask... TY for your speedy response.
Cijam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 07:34 AM   #51
Solskjaer
A Fire Beetle

Regarding the solution to not save it as an empty asp file, it does not work for me. No matter how immediately after generation I right click and try to view the source I am told it is not available. I tried numerous times, using key shortcuts instead and so on to no avail. I did not touch anything first or try to save.

It may be possible that there is a window of opportunity to do the above mentioned trick but with my extremely high connection speed may be too narrow for me to hit. I will let you know if I find a way around it.
Solskjaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 01:23 PM   #52
Arista
TimerMod Creator

I actually didn't mean it as a fast-reflex thing, sorry if I was unclear. By "immediately", I meant that it should be done as the first thing after the browser displays "Done" in the status bar. There is no rush as long as you do it before trying File > Save As or before you click any elements.

In any case, the above point doesn't appear to apply here anyway, as it doesn't work for you. Your best bet is to try it using a different machine if you have access to one. As an alternative, just post the configuration you want (or mail it to me) and I can generate the XML and send it to you.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:27 PM   #53
Viken
A Gray Wolf

Is it possible to make a reset button instead of needing to move the sliders? This seems pretty obvious to me so I'm guessing it's not possible but I'd just like to make sure.
Viken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 09:00 PM   #54
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

I would reference you to another post for the answer, but as it's answered about 5 times in this post already--

No.
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 01:58 AM   #55
Viken
A Gray Wolf

I read the entire thread again and found where it was answered. I see it once, however, not five times.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:49 AM   #56
Oathtender
A Bat

Server: Druzzil Ro

Is it possible to set up timers on seperate 'pages', such as the ways hot keys are now set up, so you can flip between timers with the stroke of a couple of keys (alt + 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.). I'd find that very useful, but not sure of the viability of it.
Oathtender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 01:19 PM   #57
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Viken
I read the entire thread again and found where it was answered. I see it once, however, not five times.

Viken - When I get the chance, I will put your question in the FAQ on the site. Your question - and variations of it - are among the most often asked questions on the timer. Casanunda's quote of "5 times" may have been a bit of exaggeration for this particular thread, but for anyone who has been following the timer threads (linked to the first post) as well as various other threads in the request forum, this issue has certainly come up a lot more than five times in the past (I regularly get email about it as well).

As far as the answer goes, it certainly would be nice to reset animations any time, and individually, but unfortunately that isn't the case, and most likely won't be possible any time in the near future. It certainly does limit the usability of the timer.

Quote:
Originally posted by Oathtender
Is it possible to set up timers on seperate 'pages', such as the ways hot keys are now set up, so you can flip between timers with the stroke of a couple of keys (alt + 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.). I'd find that very useful, but not sure of the viability of it.

It is possible to put timers on different tabs in a window, and you'll be able to switch between sets of timers by clicking on the tab. However, there won't be a way to assign keystrokes to switch between tabs, as the ones that you mentioned are specially configured just for the hotkey tabs.

Last edited by Arista : 11-15-2002 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:52 PM   #58
ilian
A Gray Wolf

Default Unable to view source

Hi, I was the person who was having trouble viewing the source in the earlier thread but eventually fixed it, by clicking view source immiadetely.

Well now I came back to make a new timer, and am having the same problem the other guy in the thread is having.. I can not view source, I always get the error message of 'unable to view'.

I must have tried 50 different combinations and have always got the same thing.

This is kinda weird, since I ahd this problem before, and it eventually went away.

I am using Windows XP Pro, with all the updates. If anyone find a permanat solution to this problem please post on here.

Im gonna try looking through my security setting and other internet options to see if I find anything this could be related too.
ilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 03:02 PM   #59
Viken
A Gray Wolf

Verant should put in a way to /loadwindow. This would make it possible to reset the timer, right?
Old 11-16-2002, 01:16 AM   #60
Fabri
A Bat

how hard would it be to make the timer bar into an xp bar?
Fabri is offline   Reply With Quote