Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 09-14-2004, 11:10 AM   #1
Llaffer
A Tundra Mammoth

Default Help adding 9th Spell Gem and 16-20th Buff Slots to my UI

I made the attempt while in Beta, but without knowing the new EQTypes, I couldn't finish them.

Also, the 9th spell gem never did work.

If someone who may know more than I can take a look at what I've done, and offer suggestions as to how to complete my modifications, I will be much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BuffWindows.zip (25.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: zip SpellGemWindow.zip (1.8 KB, 67 views)
Old 09-14-2004, 12:58 PM   #2
Llaffer
A Tundra Mammoth

I saw the message posted yesterday that had the new EQTypes. I've updated them and will see what works when the servers come up.
Llaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:10 PM   #3
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Your SpellGemWindow is correct, however, your EQType # needs to be 133, not 67. (CSPW_Spell8_Name)

Your BuffWindow is correct in placement I believe, however, you will need to to make BW_Buff0 (screenID: BW_Buff0Label) threw BW_Buff19 (screenID: BW_Buff19Label) using the EQType #'s 500 to 519 to lessen confusion for future edits.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:34 PM   #4
scaevola
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: Veeshan
Send a message via AIM to scaevola

I'm having the same problem. Attaching the files.. I have to rearrange my spellbook.tga file to include the extra buffs slots and spell icons for the spell gem. Does this mean I have to find out the sizes/lengths (in pixels ) of the new bars ..and modify a lot of code?

the spellbook is actually a tga but it won't allow me to upload. Any help is VERY much appreciated.. I can't stand the default ui
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spellbook_bg copy.jpg (55.8 KB, 115 views)
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_SpellBookWnd.xml (30.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml (13.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (25.3 KB, 12 views)
scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:39 PM   #5
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Sca,

Your CastSpellWindow is missing the new Spell Name Label, although you do have the slot ok. Make sure you use the EQType 133 for that spell name.

As for your BuffWindow, the 15-19 ones... the locations of them, Im sure, are not where you want them. And, you are missing the labels for those as well. As stated above, you might want to consider using the Labels for these for all 20 using #'s 500 - 519.

As for the graphics used from the spellbook window, that I am sure you can work around with to have everything line up all pretty What I would do is make another tga file and draw your new buffslots in there, and make new references (uianimation, staticanimation) in your buffwindow xml file to load the new graphic additions.

Last edited by Drakah : 09-14-2004 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:50 PM   #6
danial190
A Bat

Server: Brell Serillis
Send a message via Yahoo to danial190

I have the Pawsup spell bar...is there any change available on that one yet?
danial190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:53 PM   #7
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Im sure Katn will upload a new version when there is a new update to that Danial.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:55 PM   #8
MogDMan
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via ICQ to MogDMan

Drakah,

Since you're the smart one here...

Will the old EQtype #'s (45-59) for spell labels work still or will we have to update them all with the 500 #'s?
Old 09-14-2004, 01:56 PM   #9
Drakah
Skinning Guru

They will still work yes, but I personally would recommend using the 500 to 519 since if they add more in the future it would be after the 519 number.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:58 PM   #10
MogDMan
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via ICQ to MogDMan

Cool. Thanks!
MogDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:08 PM   #11
Llaffer
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakah
Your SpellGemWindow is correct, however, your EQType # needs to be 133, not 67. (CSPW_Spell8_Name)

Your BuffWindow is correct in placement I believe, however, you will need to to make BW_Buff0 (screenID: BW_Buff0Label) threw BW_Buff19 (screenID: BW_Buff19Label) using the EQType #'s 500 to 519 to lessen confusion for future edits.

I did change the EQ types after seeing the posts from yesterday. I've not changed the names of the labels yet, since it worked the old way, it may still work having continued to follow the naming conventions that it started. (I didnt' write the original window, I'm just editing it).

I'll test it out and see how it goes, if it doesn't work, I'll try the BW_Buffxx label names.

Thanks for the confirmations.
Llaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:27 PM   #12
scaevola
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: Veeshan
Send a message via AIM to scaevola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakah
Sca,

Your CastSpellWindow is missing the new Spell Name Label, although you do have the slot ok. Make sure you use the EQType 133 for that spell name.

As for your BuffWindow, the 15-19 ones... the locations of them, Im sure, are not where you want them. And, you are missing the labels for those as well. As stated above, you might want to consider using the Labels for these for all 20 using #'s 500 - 519.

As for the graphics used from the spellbook window, that I am sure you can work around with to have everything line up all pretty What I would do is make another tga file and draw your new buffslots in there, and make new references (uianimation, staticanimation) in your buffwindow xml file to load the new graphic additions.

Thanks for the quick response. And not to sound totally moronic ..but how do you "make new references)? I'm using photoshop and it doesn't allow me to measure the pixels and such ..for the locing. Anychance there is a walk thru or tutorial that explains that?
scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:32 PM   #13
Drakah
Skinning Guru

mmm, not that I know of... but I do know you can use rulers/guides in photoshop so you know where the upper left corner of the graphic starts to the width and height of the graphic.

As to making new references, may have to consult the other forum for the tutorials to show you how to. All the info should be there for you to work with.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:35 PM   #14
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Server: ayonae ro
Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llaffer
Also, the 9th spell gem never did work.

Not sure if it has any bearing on the UI itself, but remember that the ability to mem 9 spells is an AA ability. Will the extra spell gem work properly if you don't have the ability yet? (Ignore me altogethr if you've already taken that into account :P )
Old 09-14-2004, 02:49 PM   #15
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Yes, it will just be blank until you aquire the new AA spell gem.