Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 09-03-2020, 05:33 PM   #1
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Aug 19, 2020 patch broke your Player Window? Try this!

The Aug 19, 2020 patch notes:
- Removed voice chat integration from the game.
then they list:
- Changed -
EQUI.xml
EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_DragItems.xml
EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml
EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml
EQUI_RaidWindow.xml
EQUI_TopLevelScreens.xml
EQUI_VoiceActionBarWnd.xml

So anything related to Voice has been changed. (Not the in-game command /vt 007) those are still there.

So now your player window defaults back to Default.. and possibly your entire UI.
The piece we are talking about is called " EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml " as you know.
When doing the in-game command /loadskin, you pick a name of your custom UI folder to load. That folder can be found in the EverQuest folder, then in a folder named uifiles.
For the sake of this tutorial we will say that your custom folder is called MY_CustomUI

~ Back up your piece:
Lets say the custom UI piece "EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml" is in a folder is named " MY_CustomUI ".
- Open that folder MY_CustomUI, (your custom UI folder name whatever it is)
- Right click on EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml and copy.
- Make a new folder in the uifiles folder next to your MY_CustomUI , next to default.. and name it " Backup UI Files ". So you should see 3 folders (for this tutorial) default, MY_CustomUI and Backup UI Files. Doesn't matter if you have more or name them differently
- Open the Backup UI Files folder and right click and paste.. so now you have EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml in the ' Backup UI Files ' folder.
Hope I didn't confuse you.. remember this is a tutorial, name it what you want.

Now back to your UI folder what ever you call it. Re:"MY_CustomUI" folder, find the " EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml " folder and right click on it, chose 'open with' Word or Notepad.

~ Lets edit:
- With the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml open.. click an area on the top of the window so the cursor is at the top blinking (don't move or delete or backspace your cursor)
- I use find, by hitting CTRL + F key.
- In the Find window search, type in: voice
- The Find Window will have a option to search up, or down. Searching Down- Click 'Find Next'.
All of a sudden the page jumps and you have moved down to a result highlighted the word "voice", in this case VoiceVolume.

You will see the results of 'voice' in reference to a button:

<Button item="PW_VoiceVolume">
All under this continues until you see the end of the button
</Button>

In this EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml I am using for this demonstration, It looks like this:

<ScreenID>PW_VoiceVolume</ScreenID>
<EQType>voicechat/SpeakingIndicator</EQType>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>5</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>15</CX>
<CY>15</CY>
</Size>
<Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
<Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox>
<Template>BDT_Checkbox</Template>
<TooltipReference>Current voice chat volume.</TooltipReference>
</Button>

Simply highlight the start of the button *before this arrow*--> |<Button item="PW_VoiceVolume">
to the end of this point </Button>| <--- here

So the entire 'button' is selected/highlighted from start to finish (As you see the entire list above is highlighted from start of button to end of button).

The button starts with the beginning arrow <Button....> and ends with end arrow </Button> you want to get JUST before the button arrow and JUST after the end button arrow to highlight it all.

You see in between the start of the button and end of the button there is <Size> and </Size> also <Location> and </Location> .. that is in reference to the location and size of the icon/button of that voice icon/button.. this is still part of that BUTTON. The end of the Button is </Button>. All in between start and end of the Button maybe different on your broken player window vs this example player window you see above.. with size, location and other stuff like anchors maybe. Take no notice as long as you understand the start of that Voice Button and end of that Voice Button, all gets deleted.
Remember this is just an old EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml I am showing you here as an example.

Also note: Right after this voice button under the END of the button: </Button> will start something different.
For example, this Player Window showed this:

<ScreenID>PW_VoiceVolume</ScreenID>
<EQType>voicechat/SpeakingIndicator</EQType>
<Location>
<X>5</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>15</CX>
<CY>15</CY>
</Size>
<Template>BDT_Checkbox</Template>
<TooltipReference>Current voice chat volume.</TooltipReference>
</Button>

<Button item="GW_GroupRoleTank">
<ScreenID>GroupRoleTank</ScreenID>
<Location>
<X>20</X>
<Y>2</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>15</CX>
<CY>15</CY>
</Size>
<ButtonDrawTemplate>
<NormalDecal>A_Tank</NormalDecal>
</ButtonDrawTemplate>
<DecalSize>
<CX>15</CX>
<CY>15</CY>
</DecalSize>
</Button>

As you can see
<Button item="GW_GroupRoleTank">
is the start of a new button NOT related to your 'voice' search and not part of 'the problem from Aug 19,2020 patch"

That is something not related to your search for 'voice'. These buttons and code are close to each other so just pay attention to the start/end of that particular button or pieces you found.

Again, this BUTTON starts with <Button item="PW_VoiceVolume"> which stats PW = Player Window Voice Volume.

And ends with </Button>
- You can see it starts with <
- You can see the ends with </
Just pay attention to what is refers to. It is referencing a Button.

Once you know what to look for, and understand it, it is not that hard to know what it is.

- Remove that:

- Click delete key on your keyboard or right click and chose delete on that highlighted area.

~ So next step, we have deleted the listing for 'voice' resulting a button.. let's find more if any!

CTRL + F searching for 'voice' shows a new listing when I click Find Next.
Again, the page scrolls to the next search result for 'voice'.

- So, Click Find next on your find window.
Result:
<BottomAnchorToTop>true</BottomAnchorToTop>
<Pieces>PW_VoiceVolume</Pieces>
<Pieces>GW_GroupRoleTank</Pieces>
<Pieces>GW_GroupRoleAssist</Pieces>
<Pieces>GW_GroupRolePuller</Pieces>

So 'Pieces' starts <Pieces> and ends </Pieces> This also has to do with voice.

- So again, we want to highlight the entire line that has <Pieces>PW_VoiceVolume</Pieces>.

- Now simply delete.

You are a pro now!

Now it will look like

<BottomAnchorToTop>true</BottomAnchorToTop>

<Pieces>GW_GroupRoleTank</Pieces>
<Pieces>GW_GroupRoleAssist</Pieces>
<Pieces>GW_GroupRolePuller</Pieces>

Doesn't matter if there is a space.

That is it, the result of hitting Find Next again, resulted in nothing else with 'voice'.

Remember the player window broke from the Aug 19,2020 patch of changing 'voice' so we just remove 'voice' results.

You are just finding Voice.. and found a button and pieces.. Deleting both fixes the issue, it is that simple. I said this in detail for those that have no clue so I apologize for those that know more then me. Fix your stuff if you do an ;P

IF you mess up, you got that back up Copy and paste that back up into your custom UI folder and do it again.
So why are you waiting to fix the piece? Lets do this!

SmileyFAAce
SmileyFAAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:54 AM   #2
Tanise
A Fire Beetle

Default This also applies to the group window.

I use a custom group window and all of a sudden had buttons that were never there show up. Removing the voice 1-5 buttons, and their associated pieces listing fixed it.
Tanise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:22 PM   #3
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanise
.. and their associated pieces listing fixed it.

Would that be the result of using Find searching for 'voice' ?
SmileyFAAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:29 AM   #4
Tanise
A Fire Beetle

If anyone is using a custom Group window and found that the august 2020 patch broke it by adding "buttons" to it, just edit the xml in wordpad, and delete the voice 1-5 entries and the listings in the pieces. If you aren't familar with doing this, copy the file to your desktop first so you have a back up. Then edit the one in your UI folder.

Just use find and search for voice. You'll find Button item="GW_Voice1" select from there thru to Button item="GW_Voice5" and delete the entire entry.

Code:
<Button item="GW_Voice1"> <EQType>voicechat/GroupActivityButton 0</EQType> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <Template>BDT_Checkbox</Template> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <TopAnchorOffset>132</TopAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>147</BottomAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>57</LeftAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorToLeft>false</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> </Button> <Button item="GW_Voice2"> <EQType>voicechat/GroupActivityButton 1</EQType> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <Template>BDT_Checkbox</Template> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <TopAnchorOffset>173</TopAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>188</BottomAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>57</LeftAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorToLeft>false</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> </Button> <Button item="GW_Voice3"> <EQType>voicechat/GroupActivityButton 2</EQType> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <Template>BDT_Checkbox</Template> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <TopAnchorOffset>214</TopAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>229</BottomAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>57</LeftAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorToLeft>false</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> </Button> <Button item="GW_Voice4"> <EQType>voicechat/GroupActivityButton 3</EQType> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <Template>BDT_Checkbox</Template> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <TopAnchorOffset>255</TopAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>270</BottomAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>57</LeftAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorToLeft>false</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> </Button> <Button item="GW_Voice5"> <EQType>voicechat/GroupActivityButton 4</EQType> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <Template>BDT_Checkbox</Template> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <TopAnchorOffset>296</TopAnchorOffset> <BottomAnchorOffset>311</BottomAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorOffset>57</LeftAnchorOffset> <LeftAnchorToLeft>false</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> </Button>

Highlight/select all of that and delete it.

Then search for voice again to find the pieces entries:

Code:
<Pieces>GW_Voice1</Pieces> <Pieces>GW_Voice2</Pieces> <Pieces>GW_Voice3</Pieces> <Pieces>GW_Voice4</Pieces> <Pieces>GW_Voice5</Pieces>

Highlight all those, and delete them.

Save the file and you should be good.
Tanise is offline   Reply With Quote