Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > Caster
User Name
Password

Old 09-08-2003, 12:28 AM   #1
Azuth
A Snow Cougar

Default What three things would you change of your main class?

As a mage I would just add the root spell, some mana regen to the phantom armor, and give us some cold DoTs. This would make soloing more than one mob a non suicidale way to work.
Azuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 12:56 AM   #2
Irras
A Hill Giant

Server: Zebuxxoruk

I play a mage, and I wouldn't change anything... A mage is still a brutal force. Just learn to use your character and train yourself to fight out of the worst case senarios. If you are in your 40's, I recommend fighting in Dawnshroud, out in the open.... you'll learn pet control better than you ever have haha.

The ONLY thing I would change about a mage is the damn spell partical Graphics.... Every level you get a "BRAND NEW BOLT SPELL" to look at...Gag...I'm so sick of seeing fire, fire fire fire....
If we are masters of the Elements, lets see some spells that look like wind, water, and earth other than pets...

Irras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:53 AM   #3
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm a 65 mage and definately DO NOT think we should get root. I think we need summoned enemy slows and summoned enemy snares (MAYBE a summoned enemy root) and dire charm for summoned enemies. It's fine with me that we don't get cold spells. I can live with being a master of elements (uhm, except not since wizards are better at nuking) of magic and fire.

I also think beastlords should get their pet hastes taken away (they should just get to use their suck hastes) and they should lose slows completely. Uhm, and all BLs should be deleted. Did I mention I hate BLs?

Other than that, pretty happy with classes. I don't think mages really even need a change; just beastlords.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 10:26 AM   #4
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Solusek Ro

Little pent-up frustration there?

Beastlord here... the three things I would change about a beastlord...
1. Gate
2. Gate
3. Gate

And mages should have their nukes taken away and only be able to use BL nukes. (450 dmg, 30 second recovery time)
Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 11:26 AM   #5
t3t0ca19
A Snow Cougar

I got a 53 monk i would give me

1.Healing spells
2.nucks
3.And slow

Monks would then be the best so ya cant do that

Acet 53 monk
t3t0ca19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:07 PM   #6
Azuth
A Snow Cougar

Maybe I should have posted in my original message, reasonable changes. If I was gonna go all out I'd give mages all the wizard gates, ice comet, and awesome healing spells before clerics got them.

My changes are relativly reasonable. Cold DoTs, maybe snare istead of root on the dirt ball pet so we can have a real root spell and some mana regen in the phantom armor spells would not unbalance the game. Pretty much every other casting class gets root. Even the paladin gets root and mages have to depend on a weaker /pet attack, /pet back off trick. I'm asking for root not mez or charm.
(profiles coming soon)
Azuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:09 PM   #7
Bikther
99% EVIL, 1% Cute Bunnies

Server: Innoruuk

For a Paladin

1) Gate personally I think all casters should get this...sorry pure melee's.

2) More stun spells, a Paladins role is rarely main tank but the support iwth stuns make them wanted in groups.

3) More complete Undead line the DD's and the support like Nife spells. After all we are Paladins so we should be able to kill undead as easily as a cleric.
Bikther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:26 PM   #8
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

As a beastlord fanatic. I would choose the following three (in order of preference):

1). Gate (as others had stated already)
2). Bind Affinity
3). More DoT's

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:34 PM   #9
Dwarph_MM
A Fire Beetle

Server: Mithaniel Marr

Ok, here I come for the warriors of Everquest. IMO we need

1) Some kind of heal ability similar to Lay on Hands

2) A better taunt. ATM, a warrior has a hard time keeping aggro away from some idiot paladin or sk (no offence, wait, yes offence) that can't control their aggro, because YES I'll admit it, they can easily steal aggro, I feel that that is very stupid, a warrior should always be able to get aggro since they are usually MT, the meatshield, the pansy hybrids don't like getting hit? then stop taking aggro joo foo!

3) Um.... I dunno, added innate regen? like 1 or 2 standing, 3 or 4 sitting? I dunno.

That's all I've got

Dwarph Wyrrior
52nd Champion
Mithaniel Marr
<Triad of Destiny>
Dwarph_MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:36 PM   #10
Dwarph_MM
A Fire Beetle

Server: Mithaniel Marr

oh ya, we need more .... something I forgot too
Dwarph_MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 07:46 AM   #11
Skald Cat
A Bat

Cool

I'm a Bard and these are mine…

• I would correct all the bugs inherent in my class.
• I would consolidate ALL similar songs back to the single and unique songs that improve as I level once again.
• I would finally resolve all the open and neglected issues that caused my class to be nerfed over time (swarm kiting, mana, class balancing, charm caps, class dependancy on instruments but with poor available variety, and instrument creation)
• I would eliminate the spell gem cap so that I can play any song I know at any time of my choosing so long as I can hotkey it somewhere.
• I would improve class desireability by increasing the potency of my songs somewhat (afterall we're already paying the meleer's price begiven the jack-of-all-trades).
• Lastly, I would add more weapons and instruments that sing (i.e. Short Sword of Harmony) and a non-magical primary-handed drum to round things off.

Oops thats six! Nonetheless thats what I would do.

Skald Cat
VAH BRD Lvl 60
firiona vie

Last edited by Skald Cat : 09-09-2003 at 08:40 AM.
Skald Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 08:39 AM   #12
Andraax
A Hill Giant

Server: Antonius Byle

Ok, I have played wizard to 65, Shaman to 65... my reflections on bouth these...

Wizard is a perfectly balanced class most levels, what I realy would like is a single target snare to go with the AoE version. Other than that, I don't think they need much change.

Shamans need something worthy calling CH, to even try to say the 1980 heal for 10s would be a CH is a laugh... The sad part is since it is 10s casting time it can't be effected by focus stuff so that makes it more or less redundant as soon as you get Tnarg's.

Mages bolt at 61 should realy be moved to level 63 and be turn in spell... when a mage turn 61 he have a spell for granted that will outnuke even a wizard 1 level higher. That is just sad planning. making it 63 though and a turn in would balance the spell out perfectly.

Hmmm... Something I always thought strange but I accept as a class balance issue, Call of the Hero is realy a translocate spell, and should belong to wizards

/Andraax

Andraax - 65 Arcanist - Xev Server
Svarten - 65 Prophet - Antonius Byle server
Andraax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 10:38 AM   #13
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>

Wizard 59

a) The pet spell Flaming Sword of Xuzl - Should not disappear when the mobs dies or it should be given much higher hit points so that it is worth the mana casting cost. Else, give the sword a 700 foot range so that at the very least it could be used to pull something. It cant be controlled, has 100hp, only hits the target you send it after and dispells itself after killing it (unless you allow yourself to be hit by another mob) I cant see any reason I would ever cast augments on it when it will only die soon after.

b) Rains should follow the targeted mob or we should be given at least one hardly resistable very low damage dot that wont break the stupid root everytime we cast.

c) Call of the Hero should at least be included on the wizard's list - pure lunacy that we are masters of teleportation and don't have this ability.

d) Translocates added for Emerald Jungle/Skyfire - I deleted sky simply because of the aggro in the spires. Ill walk thank you and I can't take you there, sorry.

e) Gates to the planes you are flagged to access. No Drop buy at zone in gate spell/portals maybe too, but not so sure.

f) Raise the Bind Wound cap for all pure casters. I should be able to bind my own wounds at least to 150 skill, not 100.

** All LOY researcher books should be able to combine ANY classes research components, not just priest and self.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:52 AM   #14
ierini
A Fire Beetle

Server: Solusek Ro

as a druidess....i would make the Chloroplast spell not only regen HP but also mana. other then that im not quiet sure :P

Ierini
Solusek Ro
54th season
Old 09-19-2003, 04:33 AM   #15
Antics
A Ghoul

Send a message via ICQ to Antics

As a druid, there is only one thing I would want...slightly more effective animal charming spells. I've tried and tried to use what we have already, but usually when I do, I have to run away and zone, or I'm forced to zone due to death. That may be due to my lack of experience as a druid using those spells, but that's my wish =)