Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #46
minadin
A Gray Wolf

I have a similar question re: the buff icons - does anyone know what in this patch might have caused the icons in my buff window and my short duration buff (bard song) window to disappear with this patch?

Those windows in my UI are sorta hacked together from various bits in other UIs by myself personally, so it's not really part of any supported set by any of you *real* programmers. I just don't have time this weekend (my sister's getting married) to look into it myself and I was hoping maybe someone would know.

I can upload my broken windows if they will help.
minadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #47
Braenlin
A Ghoul

Server: Seventh Hammer

This is still not working, will keep messing with it a bit, what I did was to copy the default UI, into a new UI folder called "copy of default" and added these 10 files to replace the existing files. It still isn't giving me the old buffs and spells so am not sure what exactly I am doing wrong here.
Braenlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #48
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

may want to reboot computer I have had some issues in the past where i change a window and reload the ui and it shows the old window...i go back and check and the code is changed but the machine is still showing old...usuallty a reboot fixes.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #49
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist
Cool Heya Brae

Custom UI folders cannot have spaces. Name the "copy of" folder something like "Default2" or the like.

You knew me as Lexicon on the Hammer and Trayce say's hi!

Bonechip of Stromm
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #50
Braenlin
A Ghoul

Server: Seventh Hammer

Lexicon save me! Thank you so so so so much!
Braenlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #51
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaella
In that case...

Drakah, update your UI peeeeeeese

Updated and ready to go

I am also going threw the UI's I have to check if they need updates or not. Luckily the EQ2Integrated one doesnt need the Underfoot patch heh.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME

Last edited by Drakah : 11-12-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:41 AM   #52
Savok
On tour since '99

Server: Innoruuk forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braenlin
Lexicon save me! Thank you so so so so much!

Please remember to only use the files that your customizing in your UI folder!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #53
redfox
A Treant

Someone posted an update to quartz, but it's already been either removed or hidden. I downloaded it and tried it, though it works.. there have been some modifications to the 1.9 interface that I didn't care for. Was wondering whomever made the recent update that is now .. missing.. would come forward and note which files were changed so that I might simply copy over the adjusted files to my old SoD archives.

This is how my UI appeared before the updates.... Please, no silly comments I was simply illustrating a graphics glitch for a friend....

Quartz -- HH

This is how it appears now... /cry

Meh, /cry

Last edited by redfox : 11-13-2009 at 06:06 PM.
redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #54
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braenlin
This is still not working, will keep messing with it a bit, what I did was to copy the default UI, into a new UI folder called "copy of default" and added these 10 files to replace the existing files. It still isn't giving me the old buffs and spells so am not sure what exactly I am doing wrong here.

As Savok stated.. only have the files you adjusted or want to look different other then Default in your UI folder. My last post ..#46.. gave you a link of instructions how to make it work.

If you want old icons in default folder.. it's the exact thing I said in the post #46. Just have the 10 files in your UI folder (for example named Braenlin ) and your in the game /loadskin chose Braenlin and your UI will look like Default with old icons. Adding more pieces into this Braenlin UI folder will make Default look different.. understand? )

Only need the files you want changed in your custom UI.

For example,

IF you wanted icons and a different Buff window

then put in those 10 files listed two posts back and your downloaded buff window you chose to use named " EQUI_BuffWindow.xml " in your custom UI and it will load those two changes then the rest of the files automatically gets borrowed from Default anyway.

An empty folder.. with those 10 files .. and EQUI_BuffWindow.xml thats it.

Putting a copy of Default in your custom UI will guarantee your UI to break on the slightest changes they do next. Guaranteed.

Less files in your UI the more chance your UI won't need patching.

SmileyFAAce

Last edited by SmileyFAAce : 11-13-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: /em poke Halelen
SmileyFAAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #55
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by minadin
I have a similar question re: the buff icons - does anyone know what in this patch might have caused the icons in my buff window and my short duration buff (bard song) window to disappear with this patch?

Those windows in my UI are sorta hacked together from various bits in other UIs by myself personally, so it's not really part of any supported set by any of you *real* programmers. I just don't have time this weekend (my sister's getting married) to look into it myself and I was hoping maybe someone would know.

I can upload my broken windows if they will help.

By disappear do you mean the icons and name is gone but numbers still there.. the window is in place with no buffs in it?.. or the window is gone?.. ALT O and find your buff window icon click it.. if buffs arent showing up try to target yourself. I have the same issue and I give it time it loads or if I want it will show when targeting my self.. You may want to load default and dont use current configuration.. ( memory of where you put windows on your screen ) then you can see if it works chosing your custom ui you want to load.. The buff window maybe off the screen in the custom ui. If not you may have to upload an example of the buff window for authors to tinker with.. Read your UIErrors. found in Sony .. Everquest..

All the EXAMPLE: " Warning: file EQUI_MarketplaceWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Patch1\. Attempting to use file from Default skin."

" Attempting to use file from Default skin " is normal. This simply means it's borrowing it from Default. other issues post.

SmileyFAAce
Old 11-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #56
minadin
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyFAAce
By disappear do you mean the icons and name is gone but numbers still there.. the window is in place with no buffs in it?.. or the window is gone?.. ALT O and find your buff window icon click it.. if buffs arent showing up try to target yourself. I have the same issue and I give it time it loads or if I want it will show when targeting my self.. You may want to load default and dont use current configuration.. ( memory of where you put windows on your screen ) then you can see if it works chosing your custom ui you want to load.. The buff window maybe off the screen in the custom ui. If not you may have to upload an example of the buff window for authors to tinker with.. Read your UIErrors. found in Sony .. Everquest..

All the EXAMPLE: " Warning: file EQUI_MarketplaceWnd.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Patch1\. Attempting to use file from Default skin."

" Attempting to use file from Default skin " is normal. This simply means it's borrowing it from Default. other issues post.

SmileyFAAce

I mean, the buff labels (text) are there, but the icons (button) are missing.

I am attempting to re-work it to see what the problem might be - in the mean time I'm using Fanrasui (or the buff windows from it, anyway) and it seems to do well in a pinch. I might end up borrowing some of that code, I've been messing with it a little bit and so far I can get one of the icons to show up the way I'd like, but when I edit the other ones, it puts the icons right on top of the first one!

I'm such a newb at this stuff, but the custom buff window had worked so well for me for so long.

Anyway, I'll try to see if I can get a clean error log.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #57
minadin
A Gray Wolf

Here are the errors (besides the warnings about using the files from default skin):

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child Buff26 in window BuffWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child Buff27 in window BuffWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child Buff28 in window BuffWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child Buff29 in window BuffWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child Buff15 in window ShortDurationBuffWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child Buff16 in window ShortDurationBuffWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child Buff17 in window ShortDurationBuffWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child Buff18 in window ShortDurationBuffWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child Buff19 in window ShortDurationBuffWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child FatigueLabel in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child HPPerLabel in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child ManPercLabel in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child FatiguePercLabel in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child A_AttackIndicatorAnimTop in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child A_AttackIndicatorAnimBottom in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child A_AttackIndicatorAnimLeft in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child A_AttackIndicatorAnimRight in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child A_AttackIndicatorAnimFill in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child GroupRoleTank in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child GroupRoleAssist in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child GroupRolePuller in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child PW_VoiceVolume in window PlayerWindow

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child MW_Recover_Button in window MerchantWnd

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child MW_ItemListRecovery in window MerchantWnd

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child MW_PurchasePage in window MerchantWnd

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child MW_RecoveryPage in window MerchantWnd

[Fri Nov 13 21:15:19 2009] Error: Could not find child MW_MerchantSubwindows in window MerchantWnd
Old 11-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #58
minadin
A Gray Wolf

Here's a couple of screenshots of what those windows looked like before and after:

(hope they show up, they're attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg minsui_good.jpg (129.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg minsui_bad.jpg (96.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #59
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by minadin
Here's a couple of screenshots of what those windows looked like before and after:

(hope they show up, they're attached)

did you fix it?

SmileyFAAce
Old 11-14-2009, 02:11 AM   #60
minadin
A Gray Wolf

No, it's still busted. The 'before' screenie is the one showing the icons.