Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2002, 05:55 AM   #1
Jodeko
A Gray Wolf

Angry They Broke the UI.........

Ok I log in after the patch, all happy about playing and getting all me UI's all loaded.

My jaw hit the ground........I log on my mage who it is to be noted worked fine last night before the patch...and now nothing, the custom UI won't load.....

Any ideas?
Jodeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 06:21 AM   #2
Colphax
A Ghoul

Server: Vazaelle

I had no problems...but you might want to try making a brand new UI file using all the mods you had before based off of another copy of the default UI...that seemed to work for me.
Colphax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 06:57 AM   #3
striderblade
A Ghoul

i got the same problem. Was working earlier after patch. Then when i load up again everything go back to default. So I do /loadskin myfolder and nothing. I still have all the modified files in my own UI folder but it doesn't load the graphic i wanted. Anyone got the fix for this?
striderblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 07:24 AM   #4
Zephaus
A Gray Wolf

Default Re: They Broke the UI.........

Quote:
Originally posted by Jodeko
Ok I log in after the patch, all happy about playing and getting all me UI's all loaded.

My jaw hit the ground........I log on my mage who it is to be noted worked fine last night before the patch...and now nothing, the custom UI won't load.....

Any ideas?

My UI load's fine, in that all the objects are as they should be, but the background textures on trader, inventory, group, hot buttons, etc., have been changed from the druid green to the default grey. The chat windows all still have the druid leafy background, and the windows selector buttons are still green, ut most else has returned to default colors. I guess we need to probe the list of new files added (in another thread on the page today) and see what's happened...

1. The bazaar search window is now resizable. I would look for some changes to the bazaar files, and maybe some graphics in the "windowpieces_0x" files. That may explain why colors aren't coming up correctly.

2. The new chat windows can be renamed. That may be causing problems as well.

3. Animations File - A major problem lies in the new animation file. Any old UI mods you used with an animation file has to be update. Otherwise, /bazaar causes you to crash...

Zep

Last edited by Zephaus : 07-31-2002 at 08:48 AM.
Zephaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:23 AM   #5
Shaylanna
A Gray Wolf

Ok I am now using my custom skins AND able to access Bazaar without crashing.

Here is what I did.

I compared the new file XML code with the custom XML code I was using in EQUI_Animations.xml and EQUI.xml (only 2 files that were customized for me, you may have to compare other newly patched files with your custom ones) added the "custom" code to the new downloads and copied them to my custom folder. along with all the other files that changed with the patch.

I then deleted my UI_Shaylanna_75.ini and removed everything in my eqclient.ini from the last usercolor on down.

Yes it will screw up your window placements, but it is better than nothing

Last edited by Shaylanna : 07-31-2002 at 09:31 AM.
Shaylanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:03 AM   #6
derailed
A Ghoul

I'm theorizing that the custom UIs are loading files from the default directory instead of their own. I tried really messing up my borders (made them all weird colors, etc.) and tried out the skin and nothing came up. All my backgrounds are default, too.

Vewy, vewy, vewy irritating.
I have a method for getting past patching, so I can test this out at least. =) Will get back on if I'm right or not. =P

-DE
derailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:09 AM   #7
derailed
A Ghoul

Yup. Just tested it out and that is exactly what is happening. The graphics are being loaded from the default directory instead of your custom directories.

EQW is the program to bypass patching (www.eqwindows.com).
I really don't use it except for this because my in-game resolution is the same as my windows resolution. =P

So... that's the problem. I think it's time to do some bug reporting. =P

-DE
Old 07-31-2002, 10:15 AM   #8
derailed
A Ghoul

Oh yah... and apparentally it's just the graphics files that are being loaded, not the XML files.

I should probably edit my replies instead of reply spamming, but oh well.

Oh yah..
Here's the stupid thing I did to check. =P
Old 07-31-2002, 10:23 AM   #9
Moraethe
A Ghoul

Thanks for reporting the graphics thing. I was just puzzling over that. My window formats are being loaded but my custom backgrounds were resorting to default.

Any idea where the graphics folder is defined within files we can look into? I think I'll poke around a bit.
Moraethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:25 AM   #10
Kathara
A Hill Giant

Server: Quellious
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Clarification

Ok, I happen to like my colors the way they were prior to the patch. Am I understanding you correctly that colors(borders/backgrounds/spell icon changes) are now being loaded from the default folder and that changing the files in the default folder to the colors that you want would bring up those colors?? I honestly dont plan on doing this(well at least not without backing up the orginal of course) mainly because I have different colors for different chars I play(ok so I like the druid skin for my druid and the bst skin for the bst so sue me) and I dont really understand the changeing of the colors themselves(I downloaded the skins from here). I just want to clarify what is actually happening since you seem to have figured it out... If its as I am understanding then e-mails and /bug reports will be heading to eq from me as well.
Kathara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:47 AM   #11
derailed
A Ghoul

Yes, that seems to be it. --EDIT-- Note : ya, all borders and backgrounds are. I don't know about spell icons.

The following files are definitely being loaded from the default folder :
wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga
wnd_bg_light_rock.tga
window_pieces01.tga
window_pieces03.tga
window_pieces04.tga
--added courtesy of mouraethe--
spellbook01.tga
spellbook02.tga
spellbook03.tga
spellbook04.tga

The following file is not being loaded from the default directory :
enchanter01.tga (I have an animation I made that goes through enchanter01.tga and an enchanter02.tga file and they're being loaded correctly. Assuming the same applies to all other class logo animation files.)
window_pieces02.tga (Just tested and it loaded from custom file)

I haven't tested the others, though.

-DE

EDIT - Re: Moraethe -
I think that's hard coded in.... maybe. =P Gonna have to snoop around.

Last edited by derailed : 07-31-2002 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:51 AM   #12
Moraethe
A Ghoul

spellbook01.tga
spellbook02.tga
spellbook03.tga
spellbook04.tga

These files are being loaded from default.
Old 07-31-2002, 01:04 PM   #13
Moraethe
A Ghoul

Found this on the castersrealm boards. If you put the lines:

[Main]
UISkin=*skinname*

in your Charname_1.ini file, it will load some of the graphics from the named custom folder.

I played with it a little and it looks like you have to put it in all your char's ini files or else it will use the graphics from the previous logged-in char's skin. Also it didn't load my other window background images.

Probably needs some more playing with. I didn't try zoning with any chars after logging in, for instance. Not sure if that would change anything.

EDIT: Zoning doesn't do anything. I tried putting that line in every char.ini file and each char loads up with the same spellbook graphic as the first char I logged in.

No new ideas.

Last edited by Moraethe : 07-31-2002 at 02:04 PM.