Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2002, 10:15 PM   #1
Lueamdar

Server: Tunare
Default Renaming the chat windows

Anyone else had this problem? Since the update you can rename the chat windows. I click "rename windows" and EQ exits to the desktop....wierd. Did it 3 times. Don't wanna try it again.
Lueamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 12:01 AM   #2
Junu Peeth
A Gray Wolf

Blame it on the patch, I did hehe.

Last patch some files were downloaded to the uifiles/default directory. If you have made mods and happen to be using a different dirname to load skins from now then your directory won't have those files. One of those files was EQUI_TextEntryWnd, which looks suspiciously like it would be the window used to enter text for the Rename Window command.

I would say to copy this new file from uifiles/default to your new folder but I don't think that will solve your problem by itself. There were other files patched also, including EQUI_Animations and EQUI. You could download these with no changes as long as you haven't changed them before and there should be no trouble at all. If you have changed them or downloaded new versions of them (Geddine's long target window for example changes the EQUI_Animations file) then it could be more difficult.

For a full list of files patched just lately go to: http://www.eqgui.com//showthread.php?s=&threadid=388
Junu Peeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 08:53 AM   #3
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

I would guess you don't have EQUI_TextEntryWnd.xml as one of your Include's in EQUI.xml. This was added in this last patch and is used by the Rename Window function.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 08:57 AM   #4
lakoda
A Gray Wolf

Server: Povar

Ya pretty much have to dig throw and get the updates into your mod, one way or another. I just use it as a replacement for /camp desk, that doesn't work write with my machine.

- Lakoda
lakoda is offline   Reply With Quote