Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 11-14-2002, 02:08 PM   #46
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Quote:
Originally posted by helltoupe (cropped by Zantaklawz)
Just a few more tips for you hard core Audio Philes out there also for copying CD's or games for that matter or even UBER copyright protected stuff try Clone CD with a Lite-On CDRW drive it will copy ANYTHING garunteed cause it writes in RAW mode. Which by passes ALL known copy protection schemes

Sweet... I have a Lite-On Burner... this poses many excellent possibities as I have many disks that have taken a beating and would like to keep a clean copy available! Many thanks Helltoupe!

Zantaklawz

I give this advice three Dancing Banana's! Oopah!!

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 02:24 PM   #47
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I have NO CLUE what a Lite-On CDRW drive is, all I know is I've been using Clone CD for a couple years and it says my CDRW drive can do all types of reads and writes and I have never failed a copy. =P Just so long as Clone CD says all of the read and write types are available you can do an exact copy. I also have buffer underrun protection of some great magnitude because I can copy a CD while playing a computer game, watching a DivX movie, etc. without the copy failing, only a loss of power or complete crash of my OS (uhm, which doesn't happen) could screw up the copy. My CDRW is a no-name brand which I bought at Fry's Electronics for $40, it was in a semi-mashed box on the back of the shelf and was the last one there (next cheapest was $90 so I opted for the $40). It's 16x-10x-40x.

Kiegh, I think the plugin is called SneakyAmp, I've also had that since it's earliest beta when it was a seperate program (not even a true winamp plugin).

What else... just incase anyone missed my previous post, go to http://k-lite.tk and get KaZaA Lite if you are a standard KaZaA user. It doesn't have the spyware and is just slightly better over all.

Haliken
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 02:37 PM   #48
helltoupe
A Hill Giant

Server: Tallon Zek
Send a message via Yahoo to helltoupe

Chances are the "no name" burner you got was made at the Lite-On factory they make alot of CDRWs for alot of no name and big name companies such as Plexor. Also you are correct that as long as your burner can write in RAW mode Clone CD will work but Lite-On is the only brand that I know that all their models have RAW write capabilities. Plexor also can RAW write but Plexor drives are usually about $120 US. And have the same logic board as Lite-On drives basically your paying for a name. But Clone CD will runa diagnostic on your CD drive and tellyou if you can or can not use it in RAW mode. Have fun and be smart.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:39 PM   #49
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

and pray tell where would I get this CloneCD program... is it commercial goods, or is it a free download on a website?? If so where? Thanks in advance!

Zantaklawz
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 05:13 PM   #50
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

My version of CloneCD is super super old (I don't know if I have any software made after 1999 excluding EQ =D) and I think is freeware, HOWEVER I beleive CloneCD has since become a commercial program.
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 05:39 PM   #51
Kiegh
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to Kiegh

Quote:
Originally posted by helltoupe
Chances are the "no name" burner you got was made at the Lite-On factory they make alot of CDRWs for alot of no name and big name companies such as Plexor...

This is true, Lite-on CD-RWs can be found selling as the cheapest CD-RWs on the market at www.priceline.com and yes, they are the providers for such big names as Plextor and others. Just a little reassurance that this is true.

-kiegh
Kiegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 10:14 PM   #52
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

Arget- it's bad not because I want to listen to the in-game music, but because I don't like playing in total silence, so if my mp3 player were in use as a clock as suggested above, I would want some way of having background music, and my computer is the only thing I own with speakers so that's why it's a concern for me. Then again for the 23:59:59 track I suppose I could just edit various tracks from my mp3 library into it-clock and music, wheee!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 04:20 AM   #53
helltoupe
A Hill Giant

Server: Tallon Zek
Send a message via Yahoo to helltoupe

I found my copy of Clone CD useing I-Mesh similar to Kazaa. It is shareware you can use it for I think 21 days for free then you need to register it.UNLESS you get a Regestraion Key generator that you type in your name and it will give you the Key to unlock your copy to use after the 21 day period. This BTW cheats the creator out of the money that he or she may get from making and updateing the software in question so you can buy it or cheat the guy its on you. But just remember that without people that give a few bucks here and there people in the future will have no reason to create and share what they know. But I myself am not one to judge.
helltoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 10:20 PM   #54
Zzorn
A Ghoul

Server: Stormhammer
Send a message via AIM to Zzorn

Now all they have to do is add an ingame web browser and many people have less reason to use EQW
Zzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 11:10 AM   #55
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

Or they could just give up on the stupid and unsuccessful attempts to prevent cheating on the client side, given that their serverside efforts have had unprecedented success in comparison with the vast majority of MMORPGs

if they re-enabled the basic Windows functions (minimize, ctrl-alt-del, etc) while only allowing 1 copy of EQ to run on the computer at once, and made an option to play without patching (very helpful for those of us whose crashes are always to desktop) most people would have no reason to run EQW. But those who still chose to run EQW so they could run 2 copies of EQ or otherwise exploit the program could be disciplined without hurting the harmless folks who just want to talk on AIM or check e-mail without crashing the game.
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote