User Name
Password

Old 10-25-2002, 09:02 PM   #46
pheonixheart
A Treant

Server: Zebuxoruk
Question

Quote:
What I hate is when I find an item in the bazaar priced way lower, like 100pp for an 800pp item, but you can't buy it because they have too many items in their inventory. Most people don't realize that if they have 8 Trader's Satchels in their inventory full of items, only the first two bags are viewable from the Merchant Window!!!

/blush... I am (well was) one of those peeps... I had NO idea that was the case at all... Glad you mentioned it though, now i know why i try and try to look at their stuff and refresh the bazaar browswer which says they do have the item but i just can't find it... I only have 2 trader satchels at all though.

Hey, has anyone else noticed that after you sell an item, sometimes things in your inventory are no longer listed in the bazaar? I have to close out my trader window, move things around in the satchel(s) and then do the /trader thing all over again to have them show up... (i am constantly checking my prices against other peeps and whatnot, and while doing this i noticed several times that my items that i have are not showing up... Has this happened to anyone else?
pheonixheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:48 AM   #47
Lady Silver
A Wooly Rhino

As for only minimal amounts of items showing up in a trader window - as of a patch last month(?), ALL merchants - npc AND pc now show 80 items... which is 8 full trader's satchels. If you're unable to buy something, refresh your search to make sure someone else didn't buy it first. Just today, I had something bought out of my 5th bag, so I know it's not only allowing 30 items now.

As for the capitalism... I know, I know - but that doesn't mean it can't irk me a bit.

~Lady Silver
Lady Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 10:57 AM   #48
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Silver
As for only minimal amounts of items showing up in a trader window - as of a patch last month(?), ALL merchants - npc AND pc now show 80 items... which is 8 full trader's satchels. If you're unable to buy something, refresh your search to make sure someone else didn't buy it first. Just today, I had something bought out of my 5th bag, so I know it's not only allowing 30 items now.

She's correct on this... I too have had my 4th and 5th bag purchased from.

Zantaklawz

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 11:36 AM   #49
Kiradok
A Treant

I have another thing that really bugs me in the bazaar.
Guys, SPREAD OUT!
it's a big zone, but you always see 10 people crammed in a stall by the banks, and completly empty ones in the back.
If everyone would look around a bit before turning on trader, they would see that there's lot's of room out there.
Ever tried to buy something from someone and after all the trouble of walking through the lag that that all people in one place creates, trying to sort out who's who, since all their names run together, finally seeing, and being able to target a halfling who's part way in an oger's leg, only to find that once you click on them the right way, and get the merchant window to open, that the lag is soooo bad that you can't get your cursor to move to the item you want?

meanwhile... my little mule is all the way in the back corner... all by himself.

/rant off
Kiradok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 10:00 PM   #50
Damisela
A Ghoul

Server: Veeshan

I have noticed that many people do not know there isn't a weight restriction in bazaar, thus making ogres and such to support having a huge weight.

Dams

Last edited by Damisela : 10-27-2002 at 04:41 PM.
Damisela is offline   Reply With Quote