Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-25-2002, 03:24 AM   #1
Gendal
A Treant

Default SidlWidl verrrrry early alpha released

If you are interested check it out at http://www.sidlwidl.com Don't go expecting too much, its in a very early state but hopefully it will be useful to some people.
Gendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 02:58 PM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan
Thumbs up

Very nice Gendal!
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 07:05 PM   #3
Chadoz
A Hill Giant

Server: Mith-Mar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Chadoz Send a message via AIM to Chadoz Send a message via Yahoo to Chadoz
Thumbs up

Like it ummmm yea love it ummmm yea drools yea yea yea yea lol
Great program works fine for me win 2k

comming soon skins made by Chadowz hehehe
Old 08-26-2002, 11:19 AM   #4
Filex
A Hill Giant

Works great for me =) Made doing the mods to Vert that I wanted very simple.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:46 AM   #5
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya

if I am reading this correctly... this will only work when the .net framework is installed and only that will work with NT, 2K and XP professional?
tadashya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 11:48 AM   #6
Gresnah
A Ghoul

Send a message via AIM to Gresnah

SWEETNESS!!!
Gresnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 01:32 PM   #7
Hroar
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally posted by tadashya
if I am reading this correctly... this will only work when the .net framework is installed and only that will work with NT, 2K and XP professional?

im running it under win98SE with no problems
Hroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 04:18 PM   #8
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

well I patiently waited for the 131 mb... sucked it up and loaded development software onto my puter (which usually I refuse to do - being married to a developer and had MS VB suite eat my puter more than once) and ...

OMG!!!!! this program rocks. I would pay money for this... please oh please find time to finish this.

12 out of 10 bananas
Old 08-26-2002, 04:58 PM   #9
Gendal
A Treant

Eeep!! You don't need the development framework lol! That's a 130+ mbs. You only need the redistributable framework, and its only 20-25ish mbs.

Much more managable hehe.

Thanks for the comments. As I said its what I consider a a very early alpha. Bug reports are very welcome (please check the forums at www.sidlwidl.com first so I don't have to look over repeates) but realize I don't have much time to spend atm on it and alot of the functionality is hiden/broken. I basically released it in the middle of a command layer rewrite, which was not what I wanted to do.

I figured its still useful in its current state though, and till I get some more time some poeple would find it useful, bugs, warts, inconsistencies and all.

Btw anybody get a chance to check out the EQToolbox.xml? Some enterprising soul could fill it up with all the eq types for guages, labels, etc so you would have a complete list in your toolbox that you could just drag and drop onto a new window. Or make a custom set of gauges, buttons whatever to apply in your own section, etc.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:22 PM   #10
sum1ntheus
A Hill Giant

Default I love this

Well I love the work you have done so far. Thank you so much.

I am having trouble opening skins that are modded with from T.King some line declaration error in the XML it says.

It does crash at times for no reason but I have found it to be a lot faster for editing most things just make sure to save incase of crash and this program is a much faster to restart then logging on and off EQ.

Thank you for the great program I can't wait until you have time and get the bugs all worked out.

Walen Havinfun
Ranger of Tunare
Guardians of Forever
sum1ntheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 11:33 PM   #11
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Eeep!! You don't need the development framework lol! That's a 130+ mbs. You only need the redistributable framework, and its only 20-25ish mbs

oops.. well it was only about 20 min on my line so not biggie

Regardles of me being a doof its still an excellent piece of work
Old 08-26-2002, 11:48 PM   #12
Faille
A Gray Wolf

Would it be possible to modify it to display ANY XML file in that directory, not just the ones it "looks for"? I would love to be able to create a copy of my inventory file, or whatever, so that I can have a work in progress while still being able to play. Then when I am done with the temporary file I can just rename it to the official file name. It could also be used to have other people's mods up so you can compare.

It may already have this functionality, but a couple of the files I have in my folder were not available in the program.

Any chance of making this open source, or sending the source code out? I would not have any desire (or skill probably) to finish it and put it out over your head after you did all the work, but I would absolutely LOVE to be able to get a hold of the code to see how you managed to create such an application. I learn by example and this seems like it would be an awesome tutorial of sorts .. commented or not!

Good work
Faille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 10:35 PM   #13
Gendal
A Treant

Couldn't you just use the save as command and work with a copy like that? The program only shows what's defined in the EQUI.xml file, same as verant does I believe. Not entirely sure I understand what you want though.

Distributing the source code is unfortunatly extremely unlikely for a myriad of reasons. One being I might release it as shareware down the road (waaay down the road at this point). Two being you couldn't even compile it unless you had several commercial libraries which i can't distribute in design time form (mostly the window/docking/toolbar code). Three being the project started as an excercise in some of the principles I learned from Design Patterns : Elements of Reusable Object-Orientated Software by the gang of four (must read if you are really interested in programming).

Sorta got out of hand after that =p
Old 08-28-2002, 04:06 AM   #14
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

Quote:
Couldn't you just use the save as command and work with a copy like that? The program only shows what's defined in the EQUI.xml file, same as verant does I believe. Not entirely sure I understand what you want though.

Not really. They still follow includes, if they are used in other files. I've managed to create windows using multiple custom files. Might want to rethink that part.

Also, why is the Framework required? Yeah, it's 20 megs, but that is around 1.5 hour download where I'm at currently. And I disabled all that Framework junk on my XP boxes at home. It was usless for me, and MS kept constantly bugging me "Don't you want a .NET account?" .. gaaah
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
guice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 04:53 AM   #15
Larnorak
A Gray Wolf

Server: Solusek Ro
Default am i too dumb?

Where can i download it? I see links to VI, this site and some others but no link for a download!?

plz get me a hint or even the link to get it
- My Profile -
EverQuest Mystics - Your First German EverQuest Resource
Larnorak is offline   Reply With Quote