Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-13-2002, 10:29 PM   #1
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin
Default newbie xml question

How do I shrink fonts? I shrunk one of t.king's inventories to 256x256 and it looks quite nice but I can't seem to make the fonts smaller so they fit in the window. I went through the xml file by hand and painstakingly changed every single <Font>3</Font> to <Font>1</Font> but it didn't change anything as far as I can tell anyone know why? attaching the xml file in text format so you can look at it.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 12:14 PM   #2
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

As far as font sizes go, you have a range of 0 to 5, 0 being the smallest of course. However, the only things effected by font size in that UI file are <Label>'s and <Button>'s, and only them assuming that there is text which goes along with either. All of the letters and words which might appear on the individual Inventory buttons are actually done in the graphic itself, therefore you'd have to edit the graphic file if you wanted to change the text there. But, if you are wanting to change the text such as the stats, or on the buttons such as the 'Skills' button, then what you're trying is correct. Try going to a 0 (this would be quite small for most people) and see if that helps.
Cormanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 02:04 PM   #3
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

oh, I didn't realize I could go to 0 *grins* ah well...I decided I didn't want it *quite* that small anyway, I re-made it at 384x384 and everything fits in nicely now.
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote