Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-08-2003, 01:50 PM   #1
Allissiya
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Sidlwidl and UI problem

I am using Sidlwidl, and it seems to work good (outside the normal issues) but I have a few problems I can't seem fix.

I finally figured out how to make it take items from one window and put them in another window. But if you tell the UI NOT to use the window(in the EQUI file) you just stripped, (like mixing the group window stuff into the player window) then all the information from the original window is not in the new one either.

I also was unable to make the breath gauge appear in the Stamina bar, without it staying there constantly and overwriting the stamina bar itself.........but the casting gauge in the mana bar didn't do that.....

the main problem I have is the issue of not being able to disable the now unused windows. I had to take off the borders, take out the texture, and make them fade to zero in both normal and faded. this made them invisible, but its aggravatin me that the mod I was trying to make is unusable by itself. If I wanted to send it to anyone I would have to send them not only the player window but also the group, target, and casting windows as well.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Allissiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 03:37 PM   #2
derred
A Ghoul

To answer your last question about disabling windows:

1. Open the the file for the window you want to disable. You can open the file in SidlWidl or using notepad. If using Notepad make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the file and look for
<screen item = "Window Name?">
2. Change the size of the entire window 1,1, or x=1 y=1

Example of what to change:

<Screen item = "BreathWindow">
<!--<ScreenID/>-->
<!--<Font/>-->
<RelativePosition>false</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>154</X>
<Y>50</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>1</CX>
<CY>1</CY>
</Size>
<Text>Air Remaining</Text>
<Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
<Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
<Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
<TooltipReference>The Breath Meter</TooltipReference>
<DrawTemplate>WDT_Rounded</DrawTemplate>
<Style_Titlebar>true</Style_Titlebar>
<Style_Closebox>false</Style_Closebox>
<Style_Minimizebox>false</Style_Minimizebox>
<Style_Border>true</Style_Border>
<Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable>
<Pieces>BREATH_Gauge</Pieces>
</Screen>

This will basically hide the window.

Last edited by derred : 07-08-2003 at 03:55 PM.
derred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #3
LiamLee
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Mithaniel Marr

Setting it to 0,0 works even better.
LiamLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:18 PM   #4
Allissiya
A Snow Cougar

This would solve the problem of the unused windows for me, but not for anyone else if I uploaded it here or or sent it to friends.

What about the breath gauge. Is there a way to put it in the STA gauge spot without it showing constantly? When I tried to make this change the actual breath window stayed open at all time (empty now of course) and the light blue gauge for air showed all the time in the Player window, and you couldn't see the sta gauge at all.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:00 PM   #5
derred
A Ghoul

Well, if you upload the mod here or send it to friends it would be as easy as sending along the unused windows.

Not sure about making windows 0,0 in size. I remember reading somewhere that EQ didn't like that or perhaps it was SidWidl. Use whatever method works best for ya.

As for the Sta/breath gauge problem;

Are both stamina and breath gauges on top of each other?
The reason I ask is because I have noticed that certain gauges will override others. For instance, if you have stamina and mana on top of each other only the mana will show. The casting and pet gauges will always display above mana and hp respectively. I dont know about the breath and stamina gauge though. perhaps you could attach a screenshot of your problem. It is somewhat difficult to understand your exact problem without some form of graphical info.
derred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 06:34 PM   #6
Allissiya
A Snow Cougar

for some reason it wont let me upload the image. I shrank it down to a little over 50% of its original size and it still states it is too big. If you could Email me at [email protected] I can send it to ya. hopefully you can fix what I cannot.