Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 04-26-2003, 05:08 PM   #1
Gurrani
A Treant

Server: bertoxx
Unhappy problem loading UIs

Since the last patch I have had problems getting UIs to take. I have downloaded several and non of them take. I didn't have any problems before the patch just afterward. It seems the only UI I can use is the default one. I've checked the instructions on all the UI's I've downloaded and have had no success. What can I do if anything.
Gurrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 11:40 PM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan
Default Re: problem loading UIs

Quote:
Originally posted by Gurrani
What can I do if anything.

You can look through the READ ME forum (witch your sapose to do before you post in this forum!!!) thats in bold red text and read the first few threads so you know what information to post so we can help you.

You can also visit the patch forum.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 08:26 AM   #3
Gurrani
A Treant

Unhappy problem loading UIs

I have tried both suggestions and have had no luck. That is when i posted in this forum. I tried everything suggested that I was able to do without success.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:09 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Read again then, neighbour, as you seem to have missed the part where it tells you what information we need from you in order to help.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 11:21 AM   #5
Gurrani
A Treant

Default Problem loading Ui

Ok here is what I have. the Mod is called Maginus_Stone Melee.
the Uierrors.txt file has only this line in it: UIErrorLog created at Sat Apr 26 18:21:56 2003.
To install the Mod I tried two things.
A. I created a new file in the EQ UI files directory called Melee and extracted the maginus file to it ( There was no read-me file with this) and then tried to load it that way.
B. The second thing I did was to delete everything in the Melee file and copy everthing from the default foldter to it and then extract from maginus again.

Neither of these worked. I have checked my files to see if I have two everquest file driectories and i don't. I hope this helps a little more.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:49 AM   #6
Melizthar
A Ghoul

Your UIerror file has the same problem as mine, shows theres an error but theres no content.
Melizthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 12:50 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Default Re: Problem loading Ui

Quote:
Originally posted by Gurrani
Ok here is what I have. the Mod is called Maginus_Stone Melee.
the Uierrors.txt file has only this line in it: UIErrorLog created at Sat Apr 26 18:21:56 2003.

B. The second thing I did was to delete everything in the Melee file and copy everthing from the default foldter to it and then extract from maginus again.

Well, there's part of your problem right there. Do NOT copy the default folder. The ONLY things that should be in your custom folder are the files that have actually been customized.

Delete your existing folder. Unzip the custom UI files into a fresh (empty) folder. Log in, load it up. If it doesn't work, exit game right then (don't load default), come back here and post your UIError.txt log file.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 02:01 PM   #8
Gurrani
A Treant

Default Problem loading UIs

Again, I tried it that way as well and it did not work. There was no message in my uierrors.txt file, just what I had pasted before.
Old 04-27-2003, 02:13 PM   #9
arkusrex
A Treant

This UI is set for 1152x1024 resolution, using a /viewport 50, 250, 1024, 539.

If you have any question feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and make the subject "EQUI Question"
This is from the author of the UI you are attempting to use.I would givem an email and ask why you can't get it to work.
arkusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 02:44 PM   #10
lordmhath
A Gray Wolf

Server: Nameless, Vazaelle
Default problem loading UIs

Try using a folder name for your UI withOUT a space in the name. You were using a folder named Maginus_Stone Melee try changing that to Maginus_Stone_Melee. I renamed one of my working UI's to have a space in the name and tried loading it in EQ and ended up with the default UI. Hopefully that will solve your problem.
lordmhath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 04:03 PM   #11
Gurrani
A Treant

Default Problem loading UI

I just tried your suggestion for renaming the folder and it still has not worked.
Old 04-27-2003, 04:11 PM   #12
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Does the UI show up in the menu when you load EQ and type /load ?

1. If you dont see your *UI in that list after you type /load then you put the files in the wrong place.

2. If you do see *it in there go ahead and load it. If it loads but the window placement is all weird your having a problem with the .ini file.

3. If you do see *it in the /load list and it still doesnt load then you should have some errors in your uierrors.txt so we can figure out what xml file is out of date and needs to be patched.

Please post back what you come up with after you try this so we can narrow down where the problem lies.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:20 PM   #13
Gurrani
A Treant

Default Problem loading UIs

I have seen the name in my UI list and when i select it all I get is the default one. I have checked my UIerrors.txt file after loading it and it is empty.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:40 PM   #14
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Weird because if you see it in the /load window and try to load it and it doesnt load EQ writes the warnings or errors to the txt file.

Unless you have two everquest directorys... With some expansions it installed a 2nd copy in a different folder.

C:/program files/Everquest
C:/program files/sony/Everquest

But if you see the custom UI listed in the /load window you should be using the correct folder. hmmm.

I'm stumped. Maybe some one else can help.
Old 04-27-2003, 05:42 PM   #15
Gurrani
A Treant

Default Problems with UIs

Dolby,

I'v checked to make sure that there is only one file and there is. Now keep in mind that this UI is not the only one this is happening with. I've downloaded others to see if I got the same results and I have.