Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2002, 06:57 PM   #1
Demorgoth
A Gray Wolf

Default Target window - Enlarging guages

Been fiddling around with the XMLs, but can't tinker a way to change the size of the gauges. Specifically, I'd like to make a larger target bar, with a larger hp guage.

I'm hoping there's an 'easy way' (eg: simple tweak to exisiting xml file), rather than a 'hard way' (eg: call out to some other file or... getting out of my depth here, am new to this hehe), and rather than an 'impossible way' (ie: well... erm.. it can't be done)

Following on from this (and also for other windows) is there a way to change the font size/style?
Demorgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 11:03 PM   #2
Geddine
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Morell-Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I have a target bar which is 4 times the length, you can get it from the Others mods or from my webpage http://dm-mt.dynu.com/DM/geddineui.asp
Old 07-28-2002, 01:42 PM   #3
Sodorfo
A Ghoul

Server: Tarew Marr
Default the gauge

ok i have been trying to make a guage myself, and the UI reads it but when it displays it puts the hash mark bar but doesn'e seem to put the background or the normal fill bar .. any suggestions?

here is what the window ends up looking like

and here is a jpg version of my gauge TGA file...

also noticed that the gauge is 300 pixels wide but doesn't fill the 300 pixel bar properly... am a bit boggled about that...

Last edited by Sodorfo : 07-28-2002 at 05:03 PM.
Sodorfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 05:46 PM   #4
Demorgoth
A Gray Wolf

Welp, I fiddled around with it a bit and came up with a prelim of this:

I know I've got to make a tga to replace the backgrounds - I assume I give this a new tga name and call out to that, rather than writing this over the top of the existing tga? Otherwise all bars would have the new backgrounds since they use the same file, right?
Demorgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 05:57 PM   #5
Sodorfo
A Ghoul

how did you get the enlarged gauge to work? custom TGA file?
Old 07-28-2002, 07:53 PM   #6
Geddine
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Morell-Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sodorfo mine had a problem just like this one. What I found that the image editor I was using (Photoshop 6) wasn't saving my background for the picture as transparent, so EQ is reading black instead of nothing.
Geddine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 09:47 PM   #7
Sodorfo
A Ghoul

ahh so umm how do you get it to save the background as transparent when it writes the TGA file?
Old 07-28-2002, 11:19 PM   #8
Sodorfo
A Ghoul

well i thought i would try again, started from scratch with a transparent background PSD file... made the bars saved the file... background is transparent, but when i save it as TGA file the background becomes white and the white shows on the playerinfo guage.. and gauge is still showing as shorter than it should... sigh... ready to show photoshop my chainsaw...
Old 07-28-2002, 11:59 PM   #9
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears
Exclamation

WAIT!!!

Before you axe your tools, peep diz bro! You need to be super-sure you're not making a mistake in Location, Size, of your gauge, and the window it's contained in, and you need to be *certain* of where the gauge is in the .tga file, and that you've defined it the way it's supposd to be defined in the EQUI_Animations.xml file... there are lots of things to keep track of, and lots of points where you can make a mistake. Check, double check, and triple check. I cannot tell you what a pain it is to deal with gauges, because I think when you define the gauge area, you are including the end caps, and not just the gauge bar itself... I don't really know for certain off the top of my head how it works, but try this, take a screenshot of the current state of your UI right after you load it, and load that screenshot up in a graphics app with rulers, and inspect the coordinates of the gauges and various graphics, and see how they correlate with what you have written down in the XML. That's how I currently do my debugging when my graphics are misaligned.

-TJ

of Xev
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 12:04 AM   #10
Sodorfo
A Ghoul

half tempted to make a zip with those files in it so someone who already knows how to do this can look at it and tell me what i screwed up.. sigh

but really don't think that would be the way to go...

going to go back in and double check the animations file and will add the endcap widths to the length i am putting in the playerwindow file and try again....
Old 07-29-2002, 12:42 AM   #11
Sodorfo
A Ghoul

well just went in and redid everything so it exactly the right size etc... and everything still goofing up...

first off how to prevent the tga file portions from being non-transparent ? can't figure out how to set transparent value for the TGA etc when i go to save it in photoshop...

gonna rebuild the graphics file again really quick and try again...

did a screenshot and even though i define the thing as being 330 pixels it only puts 292 pixels in length for the image <grrr>