Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default New Expansion and no Player Models

So in June of last year John Smedley announced to the entire summit that he promised new player models by the end of the year. Later it was said that was a bit optimistic. BUT they would be addressed before the next expansion was announced/released.

Well here we are January of 2005 and SOE has released news of their next expansion.

Does it included new player models??? no*

Does it included information about when we will see new models?? no*

I have email both Alan "Brenlo" Crosby and John Smedley over the last 8-12 weeks asking for any information. Neither have bothered to return my emails. While I understand that Mr. Smedley is trying to run a company, a big part of Mr. Crosby's job is to interact with fan sites such as this one.

So, while I may not be the only one truely disappointed by SOE's recent blatent behavior, I will say that recent game releases are raising the bar on expectations. With two more games coming this year alone, (Saga of Heros, and Middle-Earth Online). Very soon the competition will be as thick as pea soup.

I have been a huge fan of SOE for more than 5 years now. I have forgiven mistakes, bad customer service, and all manners of server crashes, character wipes, and item loss.

I am truely trying to be optomistic, but breaking promises, ignoring emails, and blindly moving down a road without seeing if your fanbase is still there, in my humble opinion is not only arrogant but just bad buisness.

In the 2 years almost 3 that Dolby and I have run this site I have never really posted anything negative about SOE. Today changes that.

I for one, want to offer my sympothies to the rest of the players. I feel we are being herded like sheep and I for one am not a fan of wool.

Please post your feeling on this, good or bad.. but keep it polite please, this is not an excuse to start flaming people or making personal attacks.

/bow

*Edit- I should clarify, it was never said there WOULD be a player model update in the next expansion, just that they have skipped addressing the issue before announce this expansion.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]

Last edited by Kudane : 01-13-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote