User Name
Password

Old 05-06-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default OOW!!! the next expansion from SOE

SAN DIEGO, CA – May 6, 2004 – Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online gaming, today announced EverQuest®: Omens of War, a new expansion for the incredibly popular PC Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG), EverQuest®. This expansion will feature new high-level Epic weapons while raising the player level cap to level 70. EverQuest players will also enjoy a new visual appearance thanks to the use of the new next-generation graphics engine. EverQuest: Omens of War is scheduled to be available at retail and for digital download from Sony Online Entertainment for $29.99 in July.

“The EverQuest development team is always striving to challenge our player base with compelling and creative content and they will do just that with the latest expansion,” said Michael Lustenberger, executive director of marketing and public relations, Sony Online Entertainment. “With an increased player level cap, task system and all new Epic weapons, Omens of War is sure to provide all new challenges and rewards for players of all levels.”

EverQuest: Omens of War offers fantastic adventures set in the battle-torn lands of Discord. Players will face the destruction in the South and West Battlegrounds, explore the tattered landscape of the Discordant Plateau and wage war in the Muramite Bloodfields. Omens of War will allow players to adventure solo, in groups, and in multiple player raids to complete “Epic Quests” and earn specialized Epic weapons to assist them in their battles. All-new character levels, items, spells, and quests will challenge the most veteran of players and a new task system will offer new players an easier way to gain experience and items.

Supported by a new graphics engine, Omens of War will contain new zones in extraordinary brilliance. Built from the ground up, the new graphics engine will allow players to view new non-player characters and zones in superior detail, enhanced weather and particle effects, and a higher quality lighting system. While this new engine is already available to current EverQuest players, Omens of War will be the first expansion to take advantage of the new features, providing a whole new look to the game.

About EverQuest: Omens of War

Omens of War directs adventurers to the war-torn Realm of Discord, where they will continue their efforts with the Wayfarers Brotherhood to end the tyrannical ways of the Muramites once and for all. Mata Muram, the ruthless leader of the Muramites, is rumored to be amassing a gigantic army, and it is up to the citizens of Norrath to stop him. Omens of War includes the following features:
  • Rich new zones, detailed environments, creatures and new Non-Player Characters (NPCs) with expanded graphical features and improved spell and weather effects unlike anything ever seen in EverQuest
  • An increased player level cap. Players can further develop their characters by unlocking new innovative items, powerful spells, and thrilling quests, raising them beyond the current limit of level 65 to level 70
  • Earn specialized, hand-tailored Epic weapons with the completion of any of 16 epic quests
  • Enhanced tribute system allows players to turn loot into favor points for the entire guild to enjoy
  • All-new task system allows player characters of all levels to adventure in various zones and request quick tasks in order to gain experience and collect items
  • Earn a custom title for your player character upon completion of specific tasks
  • New Alternate Advancement Abilities with unique skills to master
  • New tradeskill recipes to produce hundreds of new items
  • Dozens of new and exciting story-driven quests for the hardy adventurer

The new expansion will be downloadable via the EverQuest launch pad for $29.99. Additionally, retailers will be offering a boxed version that will carry a suggested retail price of $29.99, which includes a special in-box item and in-game item. For more information on Omens of War, please visit: http://www.omensofwar.com.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:29 PM   #2
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

All i can say is LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ... whos going to be stupit enuf to buy this... Sony one work for yea, FIX the bugs before you make and expansion..
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:53 PM   #3
Taleisin

hmm this shot would have looked better without the default UI in it
Old 05-06-2004, 02:02 PM   #4
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by kenney
All i can say is LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ... whos going to be stupit enuf to buy this... Sony one work for yea, FIX the bugs before you make and expansion..

1. its "stupiD enough," at least spell it correctly

2. I think you ment to say "Sony one worD for ya"

and lastly

3. "Fix the bugs before you make an expansion" is EIGHT words.. not one.

If your going to try and flame SOE for releasing an expansion, at least use correct grammer and spelling. otherwise it just comes off stupit(d)

/bow

Last edited by Kudane : 05-06-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:04 PM   #5
Taleisin

Quote:

woah kenney start typing with both hands man..
Old 05-06-2004, 02:11 PM   #6
Oldschool101
A Snow Griffin

OK wow, new exp.. oo well.. But how did you get the pic of that zone all out of it and stuff?
Old 05-06-2004, 02:13 PM   #7
Taleisin

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldschool101
OK wow, new exp.. oo well.. But how did you get the pic of that zone all out of it and stuff?

it's on the offical site for the expansion

http://everquest.station.sony.com/omensofwar/

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
weather effects unlike anything ever seen in EverQuest

hmm I wonder if that means water will collect on the ground.. or water absorbing into the white tunics of woodelfs might make.... nm
Old 05-06-2004, 03:52 PM   #8
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

the "task" system sounds promising, the graphics overhaul is way over due all the rest sounds great too.
if handled right this expansion could convince me to return to eq..
Old 05-06-2004, 04:18 PM   #9
Taleisin

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellyana
the "task" system sounds promising, the graphics overhaul is way over due all the rest sounds great too.
if handled right this expansion could convince me to return to eq..

Honesty Ellyana, I believe OOW expansion is just going to be LOY2.0, it'll be a great micro expansion, nothing really worth getting unless you want the new level cap or AA abilites.. If SOE would take EQ back to it's D&D3 roots like Vanguard is doing I could see this expansion being worth it. However, so far it looks like another "money for EQII development" expansion.

/START micro rant
Best of Luck to SOE with EQ, EQ2, EQOA, EQOA2, EQmac, EQpda, LoEQ and whatever spinoff SOE decides to Wh(deleted) out EQ with.
/END micro rant
Old 05-06-2004, 04:34 PM   #10
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
1. its "stupiD enough," at least spell it correctly

2. I think you ment to say "Sony one worD for ya"

and lastly

3. "Fix the bugs before you make an expansion" is EIGHT words.. not one.

If your going to try and flame SOE for releasing an expansion, at least use correct grammer and spelling. otherwise it just comes off stupit(d)

/bow

Big Woop i know my typing suck and my spelling does also.. What's next? Tell my mother that i cant type? If you where missing half your fingers I'd like to see you type..
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 05:07 PM   #11
Tinkfu
___

Server: None

Anyone heard how many zones they are adding?
Old 05-06-2004, 05:09 PM   #12
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Big Woop i know my typing suck and my spelling does also.. What's next? Tell my mother that i cant type? If you where missing half your fingers I'd like to see you type..

you can type with two fingers, miss-spelling words is one thing, hitting SUBMIT without re-reading what you wrote and seeing the typos is another

I know people who cant type at all, they still know how to spell and proof read

The T is not close to the D... and there is no F in Enough

And if you want me to tell your mother you can't spell I will gladly tell her, just PM me with email address and I will whip something nice up for her.

/bow
Old 05-06-2004, 06:32 PM   #13
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

I've wanted to rip kenney on his posts for like 2 years but have always held back 'cause I was worried the admins would scold me...

Anway, I will get this expansion because:
1) new level cap (I don't WANT it to go up, but since it is, you can bet I'll race my friends to 70)
2) post 65 mage pets, oh man, I can't wait
3) new AA, got pet affinity, elemental durability, run speed 5, more new ones is nice (they better not give me dire charm)
4) Epic 2.0, I don't use Epic 1.0, so here's hoping 2.0 is an awesome Epic Pet 2.0
5) Guild tribute system, neat!

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 06:37 PM   #14
woodyfriedt
A Bat

Heck I haven't even been able to get a group in any of the GoD content and they want me to buy an addition to it? LMAO! I'll wait thanks.
woodyfriedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:43 PM   #15
Teddyboy420
A Snow Cougar

Server: Firiona Vie

I'm sorry but this is getting a bit ridiculous. Nothing on that list really sounds like it's worth ANOTHER 30 dollars. I think SOE has major brass ballz (this is nothing new, but they are just proving it again) for making people pay for this stuff. Everything on that list could have, and should have just been patched in.

I love EQ, but this just shows me how little respect they have for us, their playerbase (which again, I already knew but it stills irks me when they do stuff like this).
4:20
Teddyboy420 is offline   Reply With Quote