Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 11-21-2003, 08:50 AM   #1
KelricStormwolf
Accidental Dupe - See Kelric

Default New Class coming - Berserker?

According to Allakhazam, on Test there was a change added to the EQUI_CharacterCreate.xml file. This is the file that determines what is shown on the Character Creation screen (the screen that appears after you click on a "Create New Character" button).

You can see the code Allakhazam's news post; apparently the new class is called Berserker, and it seems potential races are Ogre, Troll, Vah Shir, Barbarian and Human.

Odd time to be adding a new class, and what sounds like a melee class to boot... but could be interesting!

Last edited by KelricStormwolf : 11-21-2003 at 09:11 AM.
KelricStormwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:01 AM   #2
laertise
A Snow Griffin

I think I could possibly go for a class called a berserker, sounds like a tank that has some pretty good dps to me...

Laertise
laertise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:12 AM   #3
KelricStormwolf
Accidental Dupe - See Kelric

Edited the original post - forgot to specify this change is on Test, not the Live servers.
KelricStormwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 10:21 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The coding changes on Test are all posted in the Test Server Forum, per usual.

/edit The "button" to create the class is there now, but you don't actually have the option of making one yet, it remains "greyed-out".

Last edited by Cairenn : 11-21-2003 at 10:34 AM.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 11:44 AM   #5
Fozzik
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Solusek Ro

With all the melee changes that are coming... this could be a very interesting class indeed. I wonder if there's any chance they will take the time to set them up with an epic quest and that sort of thing.
Darn this infernal game. This change may force me to start another new character.
Fozzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:02 PM   #6
Sthikik
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Zebuxoruk
Send a message via ICQ to Sthikik
Default Re: New Class coming - Berserker?

Quote:
Originally posted by KelricStormwolf
According to Allakhazam, on Test there was a change added to the EQUI_CharacterCreate.xml file. This is the file that determines what is shown on the Character Creation screen (the screen that appears after you click on a "Create New Character" button).

You can see the code Allakhazam's news post; apparently the new class is called Berserker, and it seems potential races are Ogre, Troll, Vah Shir, Barbarian and Human.

Odd time to be adding a new class, and what sounds like a melee class to boot... but could be interesting!

Might be a class that starts out with dual wield, kick, bash, and a few other combat skills, gets Disc's earlier than a warrior... but might be limited in armor type to leather or cloth, maybe chain at the heaviest... at least that's how I'd code it
Zeb Server!
Sthikik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:10 PM   #7
Taleisin

well, if it is a scottish Berserker the character will be naked during most battles

in all seriousness though, to me it sounds like a melee class that is good at soloing.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:12 PM   #8
gucken
A Bat

Server: bertoxxolous

You just described the monk Class
gucken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:13 PM   #9
Taleisin

just but one that can use bladed weapons
Old 11-21-2003, 12:32 PM   #10
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

well, I wonder if this is how they are testing the new combat system..

part of me says this is a "warrior-2" that this is the way they test the new system before applying it to more than one class.

BUT

another part says that they really need another straight melee class, if you look at the class break down now..

Pure Casters: (gets spells at lvl 1)
Enchanter
Wizard
Mage
Cleric
Shaman
Druid
Necromancer

Hybrids (gets spells at lvl 9)
Beastlord
Ranger
Shadow Knight
Paladin
Bards*

Pure Melee: (no spells)
Rogue
Monk
Warrior

* Bards are more hybrid than pure caster.. but it really fits into both.. since it gets many of the skills the way hybrids do, I put it there.

Soooo you can see that pure melee is the class lacking, and with the new changes to combat coming, this could let a warrior and a berzerk be as different as a Mage and Wizard..

soooo this will be fun to watch..

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]

Last edited by Kudane : 11-21-2003 at 01:00 PM.
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:04 PM   #11
Taleisin

I agree with most of that Kudane, but I would have a 4th sphere

Solocasters
Druid
Necromancer
Magi
Old 11-21-2003, 05:56 PM   #12
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora

Perhaps it's a pure melee class with a lot of the features already mentioned like early discs and abilities, but it's strength is short bursts of intense combat. Like, maybe one could tank really well but only for a short time, or put out killer dps but only for a short period of time only, with some sort of reuse restriction.
Without knowing anything about a Berzerker type class in relation to other RPG's or what have you that might have similar classes, I'm at a loss for what it might be
Eloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:13 PM   #13
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

I wonder if this new class will be added with out having to buy a new expansion or if its part of their new expansion.

Seeing that hints are already on the test server it looks like this class will be added w/o having to buy anything.

Will be interesting to see what unfolds.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 07:03 PM   #14
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by Taleisin
I agree with most of that Kudane, but I would have a 4th sphere

Solocasters
Druid
Necromancer
Magi

Sorry Taleisin, no matter how much you try... THAT is not a category.. the ability to solo or not solo is not really a sphere of play in a massive multiplayer online game.

Besides, Beastlords, Bards, and even SKs can solo.. soo you missed some anyway..

I don't want to start a debate over soloing or not.. the bottom line from SOE is the game is designed to reward co-op playing.. Soloing is a bonus.

/bow
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 08:16 PM   #15
Wiltan
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to Wiltan Send a message via AIM to Wiltan Send a message via Yahoo to Wiltan
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Eloora
Perhaps it's a pure melee class with a lot of the features already mentioned like early discs and abilities, but it's strength is short bursts of intense combat. Like, maybe one could tank really well but only for a short time, or put out killer dps but only for a short period of time only, with some sort of reuse restriction.
Without knowing anything about a Berzerker type class in relation to other RPG's or what have you that might have similar classes, I'm at a loss for what it might be

Eloora, your signature beckons to me like a flame to a moth. Look me up some time on Xev
Wiltan is offline   Reply With Quote