A Fire Beetle
Join Date: Sep 2002
There are two different map mods available on the EQAtlas site. One, as Khaamma mentioned, requires LoY, which we do not have. The other runs a short script and takes JPG files from a directory and generates the UI code to show them. I have not yet tested this, although I know it does not work "out of the box" on Mac. I have yet to be able to make JPG textures work on Mac, and TGA textures must follow the old rule of powers of two in size. So, what I would recommend trying if you really want this, is as follows:
1. Download the maps you want from EQAtlas (or any other site) in JPG format.
2. Adjust the sizes on the images to be powers of two (such as 512x512, 512x1024, etc)
3. Run the script.
4. Test it, it might do the JPG textures.
5. Assuming it didn't work, convert all of those JPG files to TGA (with an alpha channel)
6. Edit the generated xml file to change all JPG extensions to TGA.
7. Test again
If the above didn't work, I don't know what to tell you.