Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-29-2002, 11:01 AM   #1
Zephaus
A Gray Wolf

Question Help - Graphics Guru Needed for quick edit of TGA file in UI

The file I am trying to edit is the window_pieces02.tga in the Druid/Mage skin. It has spell buttons that look like this:

The buttons are in the lower right hand corner. What I would like to do is replace those buttons with the buttons from the default:

Preferably, they would also be in matching green, but if not, the shape is more important to me than the colors.

I tried to do this on my own, but I am a novice at TGA files, and using Paint Shop Pro and a brief google search, I just couldn't figure my way around enough to know what I was supposed to do. Anyone who can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Here are the files in TGA form.

Default TGA File (right click, save target as)

Druid TGA File (right click, save target as)

For those interested, the druid skin can be found here:

Druid Skin Download
Zephaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 12:36 PM   #2
Faeriemage
A Snow Griffin

Server: Zebuxoruk
Cool Why edit?

Why edit the file when all you have to do is replace the TGA for the druid mod with the TGA from the default mod in the druid mod directory. Have fun
Faeriemage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 12:39 PM   #3
Zephaus
A Gray Wolf

Default Re: Why edit?

Quote:
Originally posted by Faeriemage
Why edit the file when all you have to do is replace the TGA for the druid mod with the TGA from the default mod in the druid mod directory. Have fun

Because I want everything from this TGA file (inventory and options buttons in green, names on the inventory slots) EXCEPT for the spell buttons in the lower right hand corner. I want the Default spell buttons instead of the Druid Leafy ones, which restrict my view of the buttons too much in the hgher resolutions.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:08 PM   #4
Faeriemage
A Snow Griffin

Cool

You are in luck since you are using Paintshop, I know exactly the problem you are having. Next time you try to save after modifying the image do a save as. You then select options. The items you are going to want to check are that it is 24bit color and uncompressed. Hope that helps.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:13 PM   #5
Zephaus
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Faeriemage
You are in luck since you are using Paintshop, I know exactly the problem you are having. Next time you try to save after modifying the image do a save as. You then select options. The items you are going to want to check are that it is 24bit color and uncompressed. Hope that helps.

So do I just cut and past the old buttons on top of the new? Then click save as? I don't have to load alpha channel or play around with masks? I'd be happy to learn to do this myself, but was made to understand that it was a complicated process for the uninitiated. If someone can explain how to modify these files in a Using TGA's for dummies, I would be thrilled...

Zep
Old 07-29-2002, 04:40 PM   #6
Faeriemage
A Snow Griffin

There are two ways to make an alpha channel, and I am glad you mentioned it because I completely forgot about that.

The easy way is to select everything in image with ctrl+a and then pick up you magic select wand and hold down ctrl while you click on the white. You will need to do the same with the square in the middle of the gem background.

Then you go to your selection menu item and chose save to alpha channel.

Overwrite the existing alpha channel and you will be good.

Next comes the slightly more complicated part. You will need to replace lines in your EQUI_Animations
from <!-- Spell Gem's --> to <!-- Seperator --> with the following:
Code:
<!-- Spell Gem's --> <Ui2DAnimation item = "A_SpellGemHolder"> <Frames> <Texture>window_pieces02.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>208</X> <Y>216</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>39</CX> <CY>32</CY> </Size> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item = "A_SpellGemHighlight"> <Frames> <Texture>window_pieces02.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>250</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>0</CX> <CY>0</CY> </Size> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item = "A_SpellGemBackground"> <Frames> <Texture>window_pieces02.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>209</X> <Y>177</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>39</CX> <CY>32</CY> </Size> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation>

Sorry about not putting all this in already. As for making a partial transparancy, since this is only a full transparency mask you have just made with the selector. All you need is to play around with making masks in Paint Shop. Here is a hint when you are editing your mask. 0,0,0 is full transparency. 255,255,255 is full opacity. everything in between is a partial transparency.