1. Did you check the faq
to verify the proper way to install your UI?
2. In your main EQ directory, in the eqclient.ini
file, do you have:
3. In your main EQ directory, in the UI_CharacterName_ServerName.ini
file, do you have:
(Make sure it is spelled the same as the custom folder. example: "Custom" does not equal "custom" nor does it equal "CUSTOM".)
4. Did you put your custom files in a different folder than your default? If you just overwrote the files in the default folder, the patcher will overwrite them. They have to be in a seperate folder. Your path should look like:
(But a reminder ... do NOT
copy your entire default folder over into your custom folder. If you do that, you guarantee that every single time VI changes something, you will
have a UI that does not
work. The only
thing that should be in your custom folder are the files that have actually been customized!)
5. Did you make sure that the files aren't in a sub-folder within your custom folder? See this
graphical interpretation by Kudane.
6. Did you make sure that when you typed in the command line that you spelled it the same in-game as the folder is named? example: "Custom" doesn't equal "custom" nor does it equal "CUSTOM"
7. Is there any chance that you have 2 EQ directories?
ie C:\Program Files\EverQuest\Blah blah blah
and C:\Program Files\EverQuest Trilogy (or Sony or EverQuest Gold or something like that)\Blah blah blah
If so, that may be the problem. Try putting your custom files in the other one.
If you have answered all of the above questions appropriately, then be sure to check the stickied threads at the top of this forum, and the threads in the Patch Fixes
forum. As well, make use of the
button, as there is a good chance that your problem has already been encountered and solved.
(PS. Did I miss any of the standard problems we are always running into? If so, add to the post and I'll edit this. Trying to make this a comprehensive list of the "typical" problems.)