Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Tutorials & Info. > SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle Tutorials & Info.
User Name
Password

Old 02-08-2003, 07:29 PM   #76
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

FYI

I have update the website with a (very) small tutorial describing how to use SIDL Fiddle to modify the bank window.
Ambros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 01:55 AM   #77
Perkoset_BB
A Treant

Send a message via ICQ to Perkoset_BB

As for the problem, sorry if I'm not explaining it well.
Let me see if I can explain it better.
I load up the program.
I select the Default directory (I did this just to test it).
I've tried other directories but it won't load my custom directoery at the moment.
I select say the bank window. I click the EQUI_Bankwnd.xml.
I see at the bottom of the window where it says it's parsing files.
Seems to be doing fine.
Then it gets to the EQUI_Feedbackwnd.xml and it stops. It sits on that files in the parsing listing. No elements are loaded.
The Program just stalls dead.

Nothing else I can do so I just close it.

Hope that was a little better, it's midnight here and it's been a long day. heh

Anyhow, have a good weekend.

Perk

P.S. I'm not doubting it's WinXP and some evil Java crap MS did somewhere. Probably Microsofts sloppy uninstall of Virtual Machine or something. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. But I'm probably going to be reinstalling on sunday and I'll start with a fresh install and see how that goes. It will probably work just great them *Hope Hope*
Old 02-09-2003, 01:03 PM   #78
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

This is the feedback xml in the default folder? That is odd. Does the DOS window have any error messages? Did I ask that before?

I wonder if you are still getting out of memory exceptions. I may have to consider an alternative XML parsing library; seems like the apache/jdom ones are huge memory hogs.

I would recommend trying the 1.3 JVM as well, but I know that isn't always an option for some folks. I'm just so unimpressed with the memory footprint of 1.4 I don't even have it on my PC. It is very annoying and incompatible with previous versions of Java, IMHO.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:10 PM   #79
GreenDragon
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Vazaelle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It works on Windows XP with java 1.4.1_01.
GreenDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 02:14 PM   #80
cneajna
A Fire Beetle

Talking Cannot get past splash screen

Hmm, I have installed Java 1.3.1_07 and version 0.7.2 of SIDL fiddle.
I run the batch file and get the option to choose the eq directory, but after I choose the directory, I get the following error messages.

F:EQ Related\fiddle_0_7_2>java -jar fiddle.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException
at com.barbre.fiddle.menus.InterfaceMenu.<init>(InterfaceMenu.java:34)
at com.barbre.fiddle.MainMenu.<init>(MainMenu.java:25)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.setupFrame(Fiddle.java:11 3)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.init(Fiddle.java:65)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.getInstance(Fiddle.java:5 2)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.main(Fiddle.java:165)

Any advice? I am running an XP2600+ with 512MB

Cheers!
cneajna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 02:58 PM   #81
Perkoset_BB
A Treant

Quote:
Originally posted by Ambros
This is the feedback xml in the default folder? That is odd. Does the DOS window have any error messages? Did I ask that before?

I wonder if you are still getting out of memory exceptions. I may have to consider an alternative XML parsing library; seems like the apache/jdom ones are huge memory hogs.

I would recommend trying the 1.3 JVM as well, but I know that isn't always an option for some folks. I'm just so unimpressed with the memory footprint of 1.4 I don't even have it on my PC. It is very annoying and incompatible with previous versions of Java, IMHO.

Yes it's the feedback XML in the default folder.
The DOS window does not show any error. I even took the liberty of using the -debug arguement to see if any additional info was available and nothing. the Software just stops working at the feedback window. It actually won't even load any custom folders.

I'll dump 1.4.1 and go back to 1.3 again and see if that doesn't anything with the new version. I'll post here with my findings.

Thanks again Ambros.

Perk
Perkoset_BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 03:25 PM   #82
Perkoset_BB
A Treant

OMG, with your new version of Fiddle and uninstalling 1.4.1 and reinstalling 1.3.1 java it works! With the original bat file commands.

The parser is still kind of slow and stalls for a second on the feedback window. BUT it loads all the directories I have and I can now get productive! hehe

Thanks again.

Perk
Old 02-09-2003, 03:41 PM   #83
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Okay, go ahead and call me incredibly stupid, but how do you get the program to actually *run*? Downloaded, unzipped into a folder, none of the files seem to actually start the program though ...

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 04:20 PM   #84
Perkoset_BB
A Treant

Click the Run.bat. It's in the directory.

You have to have Java installed from Ambros's site. He has a link to it from there.

Java link

Perk
Old 02-09-2003, 10:49 PM   #85
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

You need to download the runtime libraries for 0.7.* and unzip them in the same folder as the program files. JDom is in the runtime libraries. http://www.barbre44.com/downloads.html
Old 02-10-2003, 01:27 AM   #86
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Server: ayonae ro
Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara

I've done all of the above: DLed the libraries, the latest version of SIDL Fiddle and the correct version of the JAVA utility. (1.3.1.something) from the link on the SIDL Fiddle download page.

I can load SIDL Fiddle jujst fine, but as soon as I try to open a file, any file, I get an Out Of memory error. It doesn't crash the program, like it did with 0.64 but I still can't view or edit any files.

I'm running XP Pro on a P4 1.8 with 512mb Ram. (I think I read somewhere to set up a larger swap file, preferably on a separate HD, which is how my system is already configured and it still doesn't work)

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 02-10-2003, 03:12 AM   #87
Scytale
A Bat

great program, works fine for me~

keep it up heh.
Scytale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 05:51 AM   #88
cneajna
A Fire Beetle

Lightbulb Doh

Realising my stupidity, I downloaded the runtime libraries and can confirm that the program now runs error free
Havent noticed any memory errors yet either.

Last edited by cneajna : 02-10-2003 at 03:42 PM.
cneajna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 09:10 PM   #89
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

Yel:

Even the default files won't load? Do you get any error's in the DOS window?
Old 02-10-2003, 09:37 PM   #90
Perkoset_BB
A Treant

Ambros, I got a new one for you.

This happens when I try to open the player window from the elements screen (FILE|Open Screen), I'm using Mafoo's and wanted to edit a couple of things out. When I try to have it load from the elements screen to the WYSIWYG screen this scrolls by in the Dos window.

Code:
C:\fiddle>java -jar fiddle.jar Exception occurred during event dispatching: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.barbre.fiddle.widgets.Gauge.paint(Gauge.java:4 4) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at com.barbre.fiddle.widgets.InternalFrame.paint(Inte rnalFrame.java:77) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JViewport.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JSplitPane.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(Unknow n Source) at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(Unknow n Source) at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JFrame.update(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.RepaintArea.update(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierar chy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Exception occurred during event dispatching: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.barbre.fiddle.widgets.Gauge.paint(Gauge.java:4 4) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at com.barbre.fiddle.widgets.InternalFrame.paint(Inte rnalFrame.java:77) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JViewport.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JSplitPane.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintWithBuffer(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unkno wn Source) at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWor kRequest.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierar chy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Hope I explained what I was doing good enough.

Perk