User Name
Password

Old 07-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan
Exclamation [live] Patch 7.5.07

User Interface Changes
  • A problem has been addressed and fixed regarding full screen mode. Previously, users would experience "bleed through" where background applications would sometimes draw through the EverQuest window in full screen mode, and where the mouse cursor might periodically change to the background application's mouse cursor. This mouse issue appears to have been fixed, and the "bleed through" of background application drawing has been significantly reduced.
  • GUI handling of containers with an odd number of slots has been changed. The last slot will be aligned with the container icon if it exists. This could affect some custom UI skins.
  • Using the escape key to close the petition window should no longer cause a crash to desktop.
  • Froglok characters should now appear with their selected look after character creation.
  • Vah Shir and Guktan illusions should now appear with matching heads and body colors.
Full Patch Notes

This following is a XML compare between the Live EQ1 default interface (7.4.07 on the left) and the newly patched default interface (7.5.07 on the right) changes are in red.

Changed:
EQUI_AAWindow.xml
EQUI_DynamicZoneWnd.xml
EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml
EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
EQUI_PotionBeltWnd.xml
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
Barzec
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
[*] GUI handling of containers with an odd number of slots has been changed. The last slot will be aligned with the container icon if it exists. This could affect some custom UI skins.

Was there an XML change to the container file? Kinda sounds like a hard coded change on the server side (and they did not include the container window XML file in the list of UI files changed) but it states that the change could effect some custom UIs...

Barz
Barzec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #3
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Yes, it does look like a hardcoded change as like you said Barzec there arent any changes to the container window xml. Maybe some one has more insight on this?
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #4
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

Also of note ... there is new hardcoding inside the Item Display Window.

It restricts movement of the elements inside due to some functionality that resizes areas to allow for different amounts of information to be displayed for various items.

Definitely hinders customization to a massive extent.

Changes coming, apparently, though. Hopefully, it will be completely reworked or just discarded altogether.

It's a horrid window atm.
Wymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
onemorex
A Bat

Default Help please

Could anyone please post the old "EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml" i absolutly hate the new one. and i updated all the machines in my house so the file was overwritten. Would greatly appreciate it thanks!
onemorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
Barzec
Premium Member

Sadly, from the readings in a few forums, attempting to use the old original version will crash EQ when you attempt to view/link an item.

Seems like we are all stuck with the horror that is the new item window.
Barzec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #7
Fazor
A Snow Cougar

It appears that the sizes of the window "areas" are fixed. I was going to shrink all the text and try to tighten the window but the gaps between the rows/columns stays the same no matter what I do to the locations.

Additonally, there appears to be a non-functioning Lore tab. Hopefully, they'll change it back so it doesn't have to take up 1/2 the screen when you open a link.
Fazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:13 AM   #8
loxado
A Treant

Server: Fennin Ro

In addition (at least on both of my computers) I cannot open all 4 of the item windows at once, because the 3rd is blank white (sometimes the second, sometimes the 4th).
loxado is offline   Reply With Quote