Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 09-17-2022, 11:06 PM   #46
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Well seems the quest party in overseer is hard coded to auto-stretch horizontally and tile vertically. The layout for that screenshot is configured so that each entry should be 280px wide with entries flowing horizontal before vertical. Maybe I'm missing something in the code that's enforcing the layout from elsewhere, had to remove a lot of the Layout entries to get that much to play well with a tighter layout.
Attached Images
File Type: gif overseer-p2.gif (41.3 KB, 4 views)

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 09:58 PM   #47
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Figured it out. It's the VerticalLayoutBox, changed it to a TileLayoutBox and viola, everything flows as expected. Think I was just too tired to notice yesterday. Here's what the first page is looking like now that I have the layout reworked into a format I like. This is the window at minimum size (786x500).

Figured out if you remove the "Columns" element from that quest list's ListBox, it crashes the game. A silly accident that revealed yet more weirdness. It's also positioned at 0,0, has some baked in padding that is roughly the height of a Label at the default font size.

Keyboard is feeling so much better now that all the keys are cleaned up and freshly lubed.
Attached Images
File Type: gif overseer-p3.gif (156.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-20-2022, 07:22 AM   #48
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Just uploaded the new overseer window. Reworked everything in it in order to clean up the draw template utilization and tighten up the layout. Oddly the order of loading elements just doesn't matter in that window, unlike other windows where an element must be declared before it's referenced. Seems like they relaxed some of the requirements for that window.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:14 PM   #49
Draca
A Treant

Great job!
Draca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:04 AM   #50
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

So I finally got the hang of using Style_TransparentControl to make specific pieces click-through. Decided to try adding numbers to the cast spell window since I sometimes lose track of which spells are what numbers in the chaos of a crisis moment.

Going to be fixing some of the clickability issues like with the ext target and group gauges now that I understand how that style flag works.
Attached Images
File Type: gif cspw_numbers.gif (57.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-23-2022, 06:57 PM   #51
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Will have an update later on tonight to address the indicator in the extended target window, also created scaled down gauge graphics for that window which looks more crisp than the game-scaled ones. There are other changes throughout the UI to make things that should be easy to click actually easy to click as well as some reorganization to make things a little more consistent file wise.
Old 09-24-2022, 09:22 PM   #52
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

After playing around with the extended target indicator today while writing a better template system into my generator project. Came up with the following concept:

Note: the bracketted items are just tags for my generator, i is a zero-based index.
Code:
<LayoutBox item="ETW_Target[i]IndicatorRT"> <ScreenID>ETW_Gauge[i]</ScreenID> <Style_TransparentControl>true</Style_TransparentControl> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <TopAnchorToTop>true</TopAnchorToTop> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> </LayoutBox> <LayoutBox item="ETW_Target[i]IndicatorLB"> <ScreenID>ETW_AggroPct[i]</ScreenID> <Style_TransparentControl>true</Style_TransparentControl> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <TopAnchorToTop>true</TopAnchorToTop> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <Pieces>ETW_AggroPct[i]</Pieces> </LayoutBox> <LayoutBox item="ETW_Target[i]Indicator"> <Style_TransparentControl>true</Style_TransparentControl> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <TopAnchorToTop>true</TopAnchorToTop> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <LeftAnchorOffset>18</LeftAnchorOffset> <RightAnchorOffset>4</RightAnchorOffset> <TopAnchorOffset>6</TopAnchorOffset> <Pieces>LayoutBox:ETW_Target[i]IndicatorRT</Pieces> <Pieces>LayoutBox:ETW_Target[i]IndicatorLB</Pieces> </LayoutBox>

* ETW_TargetIndicator is the element that sets the location and size of the indicator rectangle. This can be resized any way you like.
* ETW_TargetIndicatorRT borrows the ScreenID from the HP gauge in order to cause EQ to pick it up as the Top-Right corner instead of the gauge itself. Anchors configured to inherit location and size from ETW_TargetIndicator.
* ETW_TargetIndicatorLB borrows the ScreenID from the aggro percent label to cause EQ to pick it up as the bottom-left corner. Anchors configured to inherit location and size from ETW_TargetIndicator.
* If the ETW_AggroPct element is not inside of the layout box that took it's ScreenID, it will display at all times since that is how EQ finds the label to show/hide it.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:29 PM   #53
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

So this worked out. What your seeing is the actual gauge with label shoved out of the visible area. Then stacked up gauges with no gauge graphics to produce the text outline effect.
Attached Images
File Type: gif etw-dumb-hack2.gif (11.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-28-2022, 11:25 PM   #54
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Tried to solve the task overlay window right edges of task steps flowing over the edge and looking cut off as a result. It broke the layout. Restored from a prior zip after getting very frustrated with the layout stuff not working like it does everywhere else and it's still broken. That previous version worked just fine, I did a couple expansions of partisan and mercenary tasks on that previous version.

That window makes no sense for what happens with it. Attached is what it looks like after resizing it horizontally then toggling a task on/off. This same problem kept happening when I did the version of that window in the current copy and it just magically stopped so I left it at that with no idea why it stopped doing it. Deeply regretting touching it again, justed wanted it to not have that right-most edge slightly past the window border.
Attached Images
File Type: gif task_overlay_problem.gif (24.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-06-2022, 08:49 AM   #55
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

New update submitted. Added numbers to spell gems, ext targets, buffs and short duration buffs. Also redid the button backgrounds as the originals were a remnant from an even older UI I did which were close enough to fit in but always looked just a little out of place to me.
Old 10-20-2022, 06:17 PM   #56
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

There is now a github link on the download page for anyone that would like to use git to sync up your UI folder and to stay on top of smaller changes I make as I go. I'll still post updated zips as usual here, it's just easier for me to use a proper repository. It also helps me stay motivated to document every little change when it's just type in a commit message then hit sync.
Old 10-25-2022, 09:52 AM   #57
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

A heads up for anyone keeping an eye on this. Updates will be small, mostly maintenance and fine tuning for awhile. Focusing most of my programming time on developing a Linux alternative to GINA. I'm a current content raider so the need for proper overlays is very real and GINA just doesn't run very well through Wine/Proton. Kind of slowed down on it anyway to work out all the little quirks anyway. Made so many large changes so quickly that it definitely needs some fine tuning to refine what's there.