Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 07-29-2003, 10:00 AM   #376
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ok, Beta 5 is ready, and if no bugs are found will be renamed to a release version and uploaded here officially at eqinterface.

You can get it here.

The attached file is the uneven selector bar everyone keeps asking for.

Enok
Attached Files
File Type: zip eneven.zip (79.4 KB, 56 views)
Old 07-29-2003, 03:08 PM   #377
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

I will d/l and test Beta 5 when I get home, not sure what changed between 4 and 5, but the only bugs I noticed with 4 have been previously posted. Also, thanks for the uneven bar

Joboken - I like what you have done with the stats (what window did you put it into ?)
Old 07-30-2003, 08:43 AM   #378
Tanvarien
A Treant

Server: Xegony

Very nice. The offset/uneven bar looks nice and works well. The chat windows are still a little hard to move about, but overall it's excellent. I haven't had any problems running it at all. I love the sense of space and low intrusion of this UI you have both done a great job on it. Thanks

Last edited by Tanvarien : 07-30-2003 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:44 AM   #379
jobeken
A Shissar Disciple

I moved the target info to the player window and made the target window the stat sheet.

I like the flashy red around my target

Also the casting gauge is layered behind the target name, so can still read the name and see target health.

All the windows are seperate and completely mobile.

I changed the buffs to be the compton buffs (like it better)

I also redid some of the graphics again, screenshot not updated...About all that is left of ACUI is the arrows, pointer and hotkey background...Most everything else is mix-n-match t.king and my own modifications.

Last edited by jobeken : 07-30-2003 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:18 AM   #380
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Default v5

Tested v5 for about 2 hours in GFay and about 30 min in the bazaar. (This was on my WE Ranger [my trader])
Only issue was having to re-activate Hotkey using ctrl-h (or alt-h LOL.) That was corrected by using the uneven bar.
I will be switching to this on my BST (play him more) and continue testing. Have had issues with him and the guild and group windows not updating properly, but I believe that is EQ and not the UI I am currently using with him.
Thanks to Elezibeth for the concept and Enok for the coding
Old 08-01-2003, 06:49 AM   #381
Teannas
A Wooly Rhino

Send a message via AIM to Teannas

Welp downloaded it after misreading that the hotbutton problem was fixed. Guess I will wait longer.

Easier to move.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:21 AM   #382
Alaros
A Treant

Looks great! Think this one is final already.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:25 PM   #383
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Teannas,
If you use the "uneven bar" that Enok posted the hotbutton problem does not exist. Yes, it is a different look but it looks good in the UI.

Ran around in the world today with my BST using this UI (with the "uneven bar") and had no issues. I noticed less lag then the previous UI I was using with him. All the windows I have tested are working on this UI. I have not tested the raid window. [2 exceptions that are probably not UI related, the Guild and group windows do not consistently update. Those problems continue for all of my characters and all of my wife's characters (two separate accounts on two computers with about 4 different UIs, including the default) and definately appears to be a bug and not a UI problem.]

Based on what I have experienced with this UI, I would say that it is ready for release. I would recommend including the uneven bar as an option in the release candidate due to the remaining errors associated with the default hot button bar.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:18 AM   #384
Jabu
A Treant

Default Guild Management window

Looks like you might have a bug in the Guild Management window (alt-g). If you click on a header to sort it, all the names disappear.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:57 AM   #385
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora

As Weskat stated...
Quote:
[2 exceptions that are probably not UI related, the Guild and group windows do not consistently update. Those problems continue for all of my characters and all of my wife's characters (two separate accounts on two computers with about 4 different UIs, including the default) and definately appears to be a bug and not a UI problem.]

I believe he is correct in his assumption as I have had the same problem with the guild window not updating properly and not showing the names of who is on (seems like it shows the one or two most recent logged on or zoned members). I use a plethora of UI's and i have 3 computers and have run into this problem at one time or another using any combo.
Anyways, the ui looks great and i must compliment those involved on their hard work
Old 08-10-2003, 01:17 AM   #386
Tinkfu
___

Server: None

looks great Haliken
/pokes Halikek
damn he is LD
Old 08-13-2003, 08:20 AM   #387
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Hmm, Jobeken has his Harlequin mod of this up and yet ACUI still isn't up.
Whats up with this ?
Old 08-13-2003, 12:22 PM   #388
Alaros
A Treant

Jobekn's UI is really weird. He says it's related to ACUI but in fact if you looked at a picture of his skin having no prior knowledge that he used graphics from ACUI then you probably wouldn't even see the relation.

ACUI on the other hand has all sorts of weird coding to get the hotbar to work and whatever. Plus I think Elizibeth is busy IRL so hasn't had the time to work on it and give the green light to Enok that it's done.

However, as I have been using it everyday for the last month or more, I can say that it's finished. There really is nothing left to do to it. If you can't stand the hotkey error, just use the uneven bar mod that Enok released and you're golden.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:26 PM   #389
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Aye, using this everyday on my BST with no problems. I guess I poorly worded my post. v5 has no problems (with the uneven bar) and should be released.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:27 PM   #390
Kunis Marfury
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Sébilis

ok ! i'm back from holydays ! anything new up here ?