Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-25-2020, 10:44 PM   #1
GodSpeedGT
A Ghoul

Default Modded Player Window

I may be out of my depth here, but I'm trying with no luck to make this work. I would love to get my player window to match the target window look in the picture. Is this possible?

I've also included a link to the UI files if it helps. Thanks!
https://gofile.io/d/G7qgkc

Last edited by GodSpeedGT : 10-25-2020 at 10:52 PM.
GodSpeedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:35 PM   #2
GodSpeedGT
A Ghoul

Just want health and mana. Super minimal
Old 10-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSpeedGT
Just want health and mana. Super minimal

some things are hardcoded meaning they have to be there for the window to work. That being said there are a couple of options you can use to accomplish what you want. first you can just set the elements location value off the screen either going negative <x> -500<x> or so high that it is beyond the screen border <x> 5000<x>. the second method is to tell the ui not to use that element by excluding it. at the bottom of the xml where all the elements are listed you just type <!-- prior to the piece you want excluded and --> after. as an example.. i want to remove all elements for mana from my monks player window

<Pieces>HPNumber</Pieces>
<Pieces>MaxHPNumber</Pieces>
<!--<Pieces>ManaNumber</Pieces>
<Pieces>MaxManaNumber</Pieces>
<Pieces>MaxManaLabel</Pieces>
<Pieces>Player_ManaLabel</Pieces>-->

save and reload and done. any questions?
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:18 AM   #4
GodSpeedGT
A Ghoul

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it clearly. I want my Player window gauges to look like my target window gauge in the screenshot.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:47 AM   #5
Halelen

Quote:
Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it clearly. I want my Player window gauges to look like my target window gauge in the screenshot.

then you just need to tell it to use those graphics when drawing the player window gauges. every element lets you decide what you want it to look like you just have to tell it where to take the image from. what are you trying to change ? Size, color, some elements added , some removed. maybe a picture comparison would allow more detailed explanation.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:53 AM   #6
GodSpeedGT
A Ghoul

As far as I can tell. Your player HP gauge is structured a lot differently than a normal gauge. There are quite a few pieces that make up the gauge which allow for the color to change as the hp gets lower.

Quite simply. I want it to look like my target gauge, but function like my players HP gauge.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:00 PM   #7
Halelen

Quote:
As far as I can tell. Your player HP gauge is structured a lot differently than a normal gauge. There are quite a few pieces that make up the gauge which allow for the color to change as the hp gets lower.

Quite simply. I want it to look like my target gauge, but function like my players HP gauge.

i agree we are having a disconnect here, sorry that I am not completely following what you are trying to accomplish. I don't have the game installed so cant see anything other then what is posted. yes my gauges are very technical as they have to be to make the color change as health decreases. you say function like your hp guage, does your hp guage change colors as health decreases?
Old 10-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #8
GodSpeedGT
A Ghoul

yes it changes as the HP gets lower.

Do you see the screenshot I attached? I want the HP gauge in my player window to look like the target window gauge, but still function the same as the player window HP gauge (read: color changing)
Old 10-28-2020, 12:32 PM   #9
Halelen

Quote:
yes it changes as the HP gets lower.

Do you see the screenshot I attached? I want the HP gauge in my player window to look like the target window gauge, but still function the same as the player window HP gauge (read: color changing)

ok now we are on the same page, ok so basically you just need to go in and adjust the size of all the elements , so start with your original gauge and fill, then each percentage element change the size to correspond to the size of the gauge. make sure to change size and location of the final not the graphic pull. and then if you want the mana or other gauges on that you adjust there size and lay them over the top, the way it works is in layers so as you list them at the bottom the higher on the list will go down first and the lower you go down the list will set it on top of it so you can put items in the same location and "cut" them by laying something over the top of it
Old 10-28-2020, 12:53 PM   #10
GodSpeedGT
A Ghoul

Ok I'm having a hard time differentiating which ones I should be resizing. From what I can tell there are 9 gauge items and 4 "screen" items that make up the hp bar.

Old 10-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #11
Halelen

Quote:
Ok I'm having a hard time differentiating which ones I should be resizing. From what I can tell there are 9 gauge items and 4 "screen" items that make up the hp bar.

actually all those
Old 10-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #12
GodSpeedGT
A Ghoul

Any idea why the scales and guage offsets of these are the way they are?

Old 10-28-2020, 02:56 PM   #13
Halelen

Quote:
Any idea why the scales and guage offsets of these are the way they are?

Yes because as I stated they are all actually overlays stacked on top of each other and they have to be “stitched” together to make the illusion work properly
Old 10-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #14
GodSpeedGT
A Ghoul

I guess what I'm asking is how do I adjust those values in the context of the larger health bar. I'm having a hard time visualizing why a guage is sized up to 8000 pixels wide and offset by neg 2000
Old 10-28-2020, 03:24 PM   #15
Halelen

long story short you have to expand the items because the way the program treats them. someone with a lot more smarts then me figured it out and came up with the calculations, all I know is that it works and the basics of why. Basically the way he explained it to me is take your guage size and multiply by 100 just for ease of math. because the program compresses the graphics and it will look correct if using this method. the offsets is because otherwise each layer would cover the other layer. ok looking back over my notes i can explain this a little better. you ar e overlaying colors over each other. now you have two parts for each color, one part slowly counts down from say 100% to 80 % the second part is static and covers everything from 0 to 80. you want that color to go away at 80 and change to the next so that segment is actually only 1 % but you have to multiply it so that it covers 80% and the offset so that the entire bar disappears at that time.

Last edited by Halelen : 10-28-2020 at 03:37 PM.