Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-20-2002, 06:46 AM   #1
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Having a problem with buff window

In an effort to make my UI patch resistant, I have been converting everything to work with the default EQUI_Animations.xml file. Everything has worked fine so far, exept I can't seem to get the buff icon backgrounds I want to work properly.

Before I started, this is how my buff window looked using the animations.xml file from Vertmod1.1

After making changes to the buff window so it has the Textureinfo and animations for the buff icon backgrounds I want, this is what it looks like using the default animations.xml file.

I'm at a loss as to why this doesn't work, something harde coded maybe?

Here is a zip file with my current buffwindow.xml file and the graphic file for it. brokenbuffbg.zip

Please help me, thanks. =)
Shadowed Soul
Caleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 07:08 AM   #2
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The reason it looks like that is because the Buff window (and the Spell Book) both use the animations 'BlueIconBackground' and 'RedIconBackground' which are defined in the EQUI_Animations.xml file. Regardless of what you tell the Buff window to do, it is hard coded so that it uses those predefined animations. The only way to change the background is to alter the EQUI_Animations.xml file to use a different file, or to change the file CS_Buttons.bmp, as that's where those animations pull their images from.

If you want to use the default animatios file, then your only option would be to change the CS_Buttons.bmp file. Edit it and change the images.

My suggestion would be, instead of making your UI use the default xml files, make your own Animations and Templates files so that your UI doesn't use any of EQ's animations at all. That way if something does change, you will never have to deal with it.

-Cormanth
Cormanth is offline   Reply With Quote