Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 PM   #16
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudya
I just started to examine EQUI_Animations.xml for changes and was going to post them in the proper place when I started to notice the changes was pages and pages worth.

I can't post them here because they are just too huge. I would have to make a file and link it.

Right now I'm just going to try to fix mine and go from there. If anyone is interested in the file, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

When I reply to this post .. I see [.. then QUOTE .. then ]... your text.. then [ / and QUOTE ].

change the words QUOTE to CODE. so it will be [CODE...] with no ..... and paste your code then put [/ and CODE] again. I cant do it as it shows:
Code:
this scroll window. doing this will show a scroll window of paste so a long code can be seen
Doing this makes the window above so you may fit your paste of code of comparasin you found. Understand?

SmileyFAAce
SmileyFAAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #17
clb6988
A Bat

Default working perfectly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danille
AYA Underfoot 1.0 is updated and works perfectly.

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5518

(Some minor red text errors when you log in due to elements of beta that have yet to go live.)

Just downloaded this and when I tried to load it, i got default ui and a message tellin me that xml files aren't compatible
clb6988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #18
grtdrgn
A Gray Wolf

I downloaded and am running AYAUF1 and am just trying to get my windows arranged.

(Problem I had was fixed, but only after I logged out and back in, then went and clicked "Texture" in the window options. For some reason, the problem persisted when I did it before logging out. Thank you, Danille for your patience and help.)

Last edited by grtdrgn : 11-11-2009 at 05:36 PM.
grtdrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #19
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtdrgn
I downloaded and am running AYAUF1 and am just trying to get my windows arranged. Only problem I've seen with it so far is missing "tags" for the character info window (STA, STR, Mana, etc...)

Turn off textures

Danille Impholder
The Magician's Tower
Bristlebane ~ Sol Invictus
Keep Norrath Safe
Caretaker of AYA
danille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #20
BalforH
A Ghoul

Howdy All

Just an fyi, even if you use default you will get the red text "Your XML files are not compatable..." Seems they forgot to include the changes to the Merchant Window
[Wed Nov 11 12:39:55 2009] Error: Could not find child MW_Recover_Button in window MerchantWnd

[Wed Nov 11 12:39:55 2009] Error: Could not find child MW_ItemListRecovery in window MerchantWnd

[Wed Nov 11 12:39:55 2009] Error: Could not find child MW_PurchasePage in window MerchantWnd

[Wed Nov 11 12:39:55 2009] Error: Could not find child MW_RecoveryPage in window MerchantWnd

[Wed Nov 11 12:39:55 2009] Error: Could not find child MW_MerchantSubwindows in window MerchantWnd

Balfor
BalforH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #21
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity_Xegony
My point was that the UI changes are on test well before the patch date. The UI's can be fixed before the game is patched. They don't wait till the game it patched then start working.

This one did, indeed, totally obliterate the UI. Don't really know where to begin here, and Default I can't stand. Hrmm..

If you went to test server.. opened up Default.. found animations.
Went to regular EQ server.. opened up Default.. found animations.

Compare with WinMerge ( google it )

You will notice they are not the same. The main file that is breaking UI today is probably Animations. now then, the author has to see the difference .. and GUESS what was put in.. to know what is different to add to there custom animation file to update there upload here for you to download. Not easy.

Lastnights animations file in live EQ default animation compared to this morning live EQ default animation is alot of difference.

To pick the difference in code not only from the difference in test vs live.. then live vs this morning live is alot of work.

With those two problems, it's hard to put out a comparison. IF seen a comparision its placement in the right area of the animation file is necessary .

Test server animations includes so much not needed code for live animations.

I tried to have a UI for test. Even after I did figure out the difference from live vs test ( back then ) to add to the Animations file I had from live to make the UI work on test, keeping the animations updated was rough. Keeping up with the updated ( seemed like weekly breaks with animations) was to much . I gave up.

SmileyFAAce

Last edited by SmileyFAAce : 11-11-2009 at 03:11 PM.
SmileyFAAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #22
SighkoxDrinal
A Bat

I suppose a fix for Infiniti Blue or any other 1024x768 compatible skin is too much to hope for?
SighkoxDrinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #23
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Quote:
Okay, probably a dumb question, but how do I go about this, please?

on that window, right click, window> background> texture - click
Old 11-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #24
grtdrgn
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
on that window, right click, window> background> texture - click

It has no effect.

(Found out I had to log out and back in for it to work. Thank you.)

Last edited by grtdrgn : 11-11-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #25
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Quote:
It has no effect.

I dont know what to tell you. It works fine on all three of my PC's and no one else has had that issue.

Texture is a toggle. with it on, it covers the labels. With texture off, they are not hidden.

send me a screenshot of the problem.

[email protected]
Old 11-11-2009, 05:06 PM   #26
Golgi
A Bat

i spent about 2 hours on Haliken's Old Default Animations file with no positive results.

there is a ton of stuff that was added for the Achievement system in there, but I can't make heads or tails of this stuff.
Golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #27
grtdrgn
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
I dont know what to tell you. It works fine on all three of my PC's and no one else has had that issue.

Texture is a toggle. with it on, it covers the labels. With texture off, they are not hidden.

send me a screenshot of the problem.

[email protected]

Okay, I sent a screenshot of the specific window. Thank you for your help.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #28
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Quote:
Okay, I sent a screenshot of the specific window. Thank you for your help.

Thanks for the screenshot. I am 100% sure that it is the texture option.

1) Hold your cursor over the window in question.
2) right click
3) put cursor over the word "background"
4) 2nd drop down opens
5) Click on the word "texture"

Will be fixed
Old 11-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #29
Jaella
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyFAAce
Wiznut's work was based off Haliken's complete set Old_Default Animations. As mine is. Wiznut has been mia and said he is taking a break for sometime now. ( June?)

I have been patching that Animations file for sometime now but im stumped sorry I can't play too.

I tried to do a comparison with winmerge on the Animations to post here just now. (Lastnight vs this morning ) forget it. It is a mess.
I'm not a programmer.

SmileyFAAce

In that case...

Drakah, update your UI peeeeeeese
Jaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #30
Velocity_Xegony
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyFAAce
If you went to test server.. opened up Default.. found animations.
Went to regular EQ server.. opened up Default.. found animations.

Compare with WinMerge ( google it )

You will notice they are not the same.
SmileyFAAce

I see. I have not done this,.. The Everquest designers assume the authors are using test to make changes to be ready for patch days. You saw how they included that context in the very patch notes themselves.

So basically you are saying not only is test not really the same as what is going to be patched, it has alot of useless information that wouldn't apply to live, maybe ever,.. so isn't worth the hassle.

I get it..

I wasn't complaining -- I just have to have my UI to play.

I took bits and pieces of other UI's to get something workable, but it is starting to get to me. Figured I would check back now that is has had some hours to settle.

Looks like 2-3 people have working sets.. I will check those out and see if I can't just scrap the one I have.

Big thing though,.. I am using the default (new to me) spellgems and buffs.. OUCH, they look terrible.. or better yet, aren't very defining for the spell itself. The old ones I know exactly what is coming . So I am going to have to figure out how to implant old buffs icons and spell gems/book again.

If any of you have a simple way that works with this patch (maybe it is an item that makes no difference patch or not) -- Please reply with the way to do it.

Meanwhile, thank you authors, and tinkerer's (like me)..

Without this EQ would not be near the game it is for me. Though as it has been dieing slowly.. and will continue to do so for a few more years at least.. the support for the UI's has decreased. But at least some is still there.

Again thanks!
Velocity_Xegony is offline   Reply With Quote