Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 01-19-2004, 11:28 PM   #16
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I haven't tested this on an adventure.
I cleaned up the code, well really I re-coded the whole thing from scratch.
I also edited the graphics files.

Let me know if this works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip laz.zip (11.2 KB, 7 views)
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 05:59 PM   #17
Treage
A Ghoul

Sorry I took so long to get back to you, but I haven't played any LDoN in the last week or so. I tryed it out today, and unfortunately it isn't working still.
Treage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 05:35 AM   #18
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I cannot see any reason why this does not work for LDON. The compass part itself is identical to the coding that I use on my compasses for two different UIs and they both work.

I'd like someone else to test this and see if there might be a comflict on your machine somewhere. I'll try to find some play time and while I'm waiting for everyone to buff and med before we go in I'll load it up and see what I can see.

I wish there was an easier way to test it...sigh
Old 01-28-2004, 07:45 AM   #19
Treage
A Ghoul

A friend of mine loaded it up yesterday, and I can run 2 instances on this box long enough to see if it works for him in Everfrost. If he's on tonight I'll get him to check it out.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:26 AM   #20
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

OK, I did a couple adventures last night and loaded this up to test it. The ldon line showed up fine.

Here is the zip with the files that I used. I'll make a second post that shows the pic with it working.
Attached Files
File Type: zip laz_compass.zip (27.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-01-2004, 04:26 AM   #21
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Here is the screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ldon_laz.jpg (24.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 02-01-2004, 12:38 PM   #22
Treage
A Ghoul

Well, it didn't work for me so I assume there is a conflict elsewhere. I copied all my old UI to another spot then deleted the contents of the Laz folder. I then re-downloaded his original file and put your 2 fixes in it.

It would appear to be working for you, so is there anyway you can make a .zip file of yours so I can try that?

Once again, Thank You for taking the time to work on this for me. I truly like the simplisitc and informative lay-out he came up with, and would really like to use it.

On a side note, college withstanding, is there a program that I could use to figure these things out for myself? I tryed SidWidl back when the custom UI's became available and it kept crashing on me. Also, there wasn't a good way to check my files without having to be online at the same time. Is there a simulator type program that I could use?
Old 02-01-2004, 03:55 PM   #23
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Check my post two above yours. That one has in it the exact files that I tested it with last night.

I do not use the whole UI. I only grabbed the parts I needed to modify the compass.

It is possible that the zip I posted prior to yesterday was not working. I did look throught the coding, and may have made some kind of modification.

Everything that I know I have muddled through on my own. Mostly by hacking into the xml and then seeing what I made it do. Xml isn't as scary looking in grid view.

I use SidlWidl when I need to view a window and don't feel like loading up EQ. It doesn't crash for me very often, and I tend to only recieve errors because of duplicate nameing and autostretch.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:49 AM   #24
Skater121100
A Gray Wolf

This UI is pretty nice!

Would someone go in and update it to have a target of target health bar? So that, when you look at this picture , there will be the target's target next to where it says Askr the Lost. I'd do it myself, but do not know how to start.. since I've never modified a UI before, hehe.

Also, when I first got this UI... looking at the actions window, and I think the group window as well, there was a white border.. basically covering up the xp/ap name and their percentages. It also did this when clicking a different section of the actions window.. the white area would become larger - only being allowed to see the clickies of actions (hope that made sense).

Thanks if anyone would be kind enough to do this This has really been the only UI that's really stuck out to me and I'd want to keep.
Skater121100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:38 AM   #25
Skater121100
A Gray Wolf

So...
Anyone out there interested in fixing this UI up? hehe :/
Skater121100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:09 PM   #26
Treage
A Ghoul

I have managed to fix the actions window problem, but I have no idea how to do the target health stuff. Here's the fixed actions window file.
Attached Files
File Type: xml equi_actionswindow.xml (36.2 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Treage : 06-16-2004 at 09:14 PM.