Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 09-14-2004, 11:31 PM   #271
Fireheart
A Treant

Server: Quellious
Lightbulb Alrighty then...

... So, where do I send my 1 dollar donation? If all it takes is for a few of us Centhena-junkies to chip in, in order to keep our UI current, then it's well spent. Even though I, myself, don't expect to buy OoW soon - maybe in a month, or for Christmas...
Fireheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:13 AM   #272
grymgroeth
A Ghoul

Happily enough, it seems something like 90% of the changes do *not* require an OoW subscription to patch in and test. Unlike the last silly change that was so sadisticly evil this one seems to be fairly simple and straight forward. I have little reason to buy OoW after the horrid GoD release and the issues ppl are *still* having with its content but simply to be rid of the error message it's worth attempting to keep up with the changes to the UI, especially as much as I absolutely love this UI

If it would simplify your life Centhena, I would be willing to do what I can with the updates and email the modded files to you or something

-------update-------
After some testing and fiddling I have managed to get all but the options window updated to my satisfaction after the OoW patch. What Im looking at doing with the options window is moving the new "advanced options" button from the 2nd tab where it deafults to the first tab that already has a ton of buttons. This is as much for ascetics as just making sense to me and seemingly less work than reorganizing the second tab. (I'll be done with this in about 10 minutes Hurricane Ivan permitting)

The only assistance I would need from Centhena to keep everything looking right is a mod on the art for the CastSpellWnd so the 9th spellgem has a border. I'll be the first to admit art is just not my thing and I leave it to those better than myself.

Last edited by grymgroeth : 09-15-2004 at 02:31 AM. Reason: updated info
grymgroeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 03:22 AM   #273
grymgroeth
A Ghoul

Well, I managed to find a way to keep the advanced OoW display options button on the Display tab afterall with a bit of juggling. I don't have borders on the new windows yet but everything works with no compatability warnings. If Centhena feels up to it, I'll email her the recoded files to post for download in the morning. Im not going to attempt to do pics of the revised windows with Ivan playing havoc on my dialup
Old 09-15-2004, 04:44 PM   #274
Centhena
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

fireheart you are one in a million thanks for the offer but i'm not asking anyone for money *giggle* if worse comes to worse and I can't buy it and you guys really feel the need i do have paypal set up for my ebay auctions (hehe i collect books) at [email protected] but I'm not even sure if you can send to it heh. But like I said I don't expect or ask anyone to donate anything.

Grymgroeth i'm glad you're getting things working for you. I appreciate your offer to send me your files but if i can't test them then I can't add them to the main file and as we all know with out the expansions the benifits don't work... you are however welcome to post them on this thread as unofficial updates/fix's... anyway.... my hubby get paid on friday. bills come first of course but i'll see how much we have left after. we're a check to check house so i can't promise but if i can spare it I'll see what i can do about picking it up.

Cen
Centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:29 PM   #275
grymgroeth
A Ghoul

Default Unofficial updates

Everything works without error messages but the graphic around the spell gems stops above the 9th gem. I've only included the existing files changed in the OoW update, no borders on the new windows yet since Ivan has done horrible things to my dialup :/
Attached Files
File Type: zip OoWupdate.zip (27.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 09-16-2004, 02:40 AM   #276
grymgroeth
A Ghoul

Default Small revision

I missed an edit on the location for the 9th spellgem and had to fix it so heres the updated version. Couldn't tell it was off till I saw a gem in the slot

Had to upload the file again, I grabbed the wrong version - thatll teach me to upload stuff at 330am on less than 2 hours sleep
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml (9.3 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by grymgroeth : 09-16-2004 at 04:03 AM.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:30 PM   #277
Centhena
A Shissar Disciple

Well it doesn't look like i"m gonna be able to get OoW any time in the extreamly near future. The funds just aren't there this time. I'd love to get it and check it out and update the ui and such but I just can't justify spending the $30 on something that I'll probably never actually play. Perhaps I'll be able to buy it in the future but as it looks right now I'm not sure. sorry guys if i were rich..... but couldn't we all say that about a lot of things.

Cen
Old 09-25-2004, 10:27 PM   #278
Fireheart
A Treant

Default Spellbar Art

Well, I can handle Art okay, it's the coding that sometimes makes me pull out my hair. So, Grymgroeth, Centhena, or whoever, here is some art for the Centhena UI Spellbar:

Err, if I can remember how to make attachments...

Be Well!
Fireheart

Last edited by Fireheart : 09-25-2004 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-25-2004, 10:43 PM   #279
Fireheart
A Treant

Err, okay, I hope this worked. There should be two attachments. Both are TGA images for the Spellbar, two different versions. They have art for both 8-gem and 9-gem spellbars. The tricky part is figuring out how to encode them. A 'perfect' solution would be for the game to check to see if the 9th gem is available and, if so, to substitute the extended spellbar art... Pixel size and location info is also inscribed on the art. Hope it's useful!

Be Well!
Fireheart
Attached Files
File Type: zip tkspellbarC.zip (43.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: zip tkspellbarD3.zip (54.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 10-27-2004, 11:46 AM   #280
grymgroeth
A Ghoul

Sorry to be so slow even looking at these but 20 hours of class is killing my time to do much of anything. I haven't even had time to attempt adding the "new" player options to the custom window yet that went in 2 patches ago. Hopefully I can look at these this week and actually get the spellgems updated at least.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:39 AM   #281
Fireheart
A Treant

Default Perfectly alright...

In fact, I'm glad I did those when I did, since my professors really kicked it in and now I'm constantly swamped with homework, too. I've managed only one brief visit to Norrath in the last weeks. People were wondering what had happened to me!

I hope the pics turn out useful, I've been tempted to try my hand at coding for them, myself, but I just don't have the time to spare. I'm starting to think that there should simply be two versions, one for people who need the 9th gem and one for the rest of us.

Be Well!
Fireheart
Old 11-23-2004, 02:08 AM   #282
fuzzysword
A Bat

Default awsome

i really loved what you have done with this, please keep the good work comming... only question i have is there anyway to have the main exp % from 3% to 3.05%?? lol some of us kill in such small amounts that we need to see that like that to make us feel like e are doing something thanks again
fuzzysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 02:10 AM   #283
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzysword
i really loved what you have done with this, please keep the good work comming... only question i have is there anyway to have the main exp % from 3% to 3.05%?? lol some of us kill in such small amounts that we need to see that like that to make us feel like e are doing something thanks again

The EQType for XP % is whole numbers only, same is true for AAXP %
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #284
Centhena
A Shissar Disciple

Default The end!

The end has come. I'm sorry to say that I will not be updating this ui anylonger. I have no intentions on purchasing OoW at the point as I am only actually playing eq2. I have only one mod for that so far but will be focusing my ui efforts there when I feel it nessessary. I'm sorry to disappoint any of you who are still playing eq1 and longing for updates. If you would like to have the border around new windows added by the game all you have to do is open the xml in your xml editor. and change the draw template (it's near the bottom) from what ever it is to WDT_Border you may also need to adjust the window's size, if it's not sizable, a few pixels to make it fit properly without overlaping the window's content. Good Luck all!

Centhena
Old 03-29-2005, 11:47 PM   #285
Jeradim
A Fire Beetle

I was initially drawn to this UI because of the killer pet window. I also didn't have a bandolier or potion belt window with the UI that I was using. I was using the old TKing Arcane UI which obviously is similar so I figured I'd update it with this one. I wasn't crazy about the buff window though so I replaced that and the short duration buff window with the horizontal ones from TKing Arcane. Also, while the pet window was nice in that it had a tab for clickies, I missed the primary, secondary, range and ammo slots that I had in the clicky box in TKing Arcane.

So even though it was somewhat redundant I moved the clicky box over too. The problem was in the old TKing Arcane interface the clicky box was actually the target window. Now If you look at the original interface in this screenshot you'll see the target window off to the right above the group window (the one with all the stats). Near that is a window which says "attack mode" which is the player window. In the second screenshot are the analagous windows from the TKing Arcane interface that I replaced them with. The target window is now the clicky box and the player window is now the target window (well not really, it just looks like the target window).

Oh and I threw in the classic Thangor Dragon spellbook too

Ideally I would've liked to keep the original target window and replace the player window (the one that says attack mode) with the clicky box. Unfortunately I know bupkiss about XML. I tried renaming the target window files from the TKing interface to the player window files and then editting the XML file to point to the correct newly named *.tga file for the player window but no luck. I saw the wealth of XML info and tutorials on these forums though and hope to spare some time to peruse them.

For a couple hours of fiddling around though I quite like my new UI
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Centhena-Original.JPG (171.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Centhena-MOD.JPG (171.0 KB, 47 views)
Jeradim is offline   Reply With Quote