Password

Old 06-13-2004, 04:33 AM   #1
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis
Default LDON Addition...

I'd like to see a one way only port from LDON Magi to POK.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:11 AM   #2
Taleisin

you know, I think Nexus portals and PoK books have spoiled you most of the players... I still like to take the boat (when they work)
Old 06-13-2004, 10:15 AM   #3
Jethal
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Erollisi Marr

Yeah, the people who've joined the EQ community in the last year or so want it fast fast fast.

I still remember maxing my Sence Heading on the boat from Freeport to Butcherblock.. now there's no reason to do either.

What used to take 20 minutes, now only 1 minute.
Honestly, I long for the old days sometimes where you could take your time.. in many ways, the game was so much more fun then.

Watch Jethal's Video
Jethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:55 AM   #4
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

I agree with Talesin and Jethal - it has taken some of the old charm out of the game with all these portals and stones, and not to mention, removed the need for wizard and druid ports. The new PoK stone to Gunthak will not help this. I think I will also try to take the boats more - although it is tempting to use the gnomes, as they are up all the time on my server.
And after using some 14 days trying to get my Sense Heading up from 1 (at lvl 45, which is very hard) just to see all get it at 200 as a default bummed me a bit.

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 11:52 AM   #5
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

I've done it the hard way too; I remember hitting sense heading non stop, I was lvl 40 when i got it to 200 and was stoked. I also played for a year with just basic eq before i got any expansions. I just think it would be nice to have a magi port. No sense in running across 5 zones if you could just go there.
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 12:41 PM   #6
kasca
A Lost Soul

Server: the rathe
Send a message via ICQ to kasca

I also agree. Iam so tired of hear peaple say it to hard. Dam i ran a 3 lvl rog from kelethin to halas. Didnt know right where the zone connection where. Why shuld this game be real easy. Whats wrong with runing to guntark. Crip it just sooo had ..

Think it be nice to see real fixs not just crap for the children who play. Make them WORK for there lvl.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:52 PM   #7
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

I'm far from a child...
Old 06-13-2004, 08:35 PM   #8
Camar
A Treant

Server: Druzzil Ro

Heh, I still remember taking my Lvl 1 (at the time) Ogre SK from Ogguk to Thurgadin, and then around to Kael. I did the entire run on foot, no SoW, no porting, no invis item/potion. Damn that was one scary-ass trip!

Honestly, if you need to get to PoK fast from an LDoN camp it's not THAT far to hit a book. From the BB camp there is one in zone, and 2 in the zone next to it. From EC it's just a short jog over to Freeport. When in Everfrost, yet again a book in the same zone. If you can't put in enough effort to run around a bit and see the countryside....find a druid or wizard
Camar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 09:29 PM   #9
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

This is a wish list not a flame fest, you don't like it, then ignore the post.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:36 AM   #10
Yasoldat
A Gray Wolf

Server: Innoruuk

Do you have any idea how many times my ranger died on the qeynos to freeport run and that was back when SoW was still 39 for rangers?

And after I reached 39, what happens, SoW is reduced to 30 for rangers.
Yasoldat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:54 PM   #11
ArcherPhate
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Ayonae Ro

I want to see an Event were the Nexus portals and POK are broken. THe boats work and there is a that will take you to POTranq.

And have the Port to POTranq npc Be in like the bottem of Split paw post revmap lol.

THat would be funny

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.”
Anne Frank
ArcherPhate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 03:07 PM   #12
Parasite
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Magus PoK to Natimbi plz.
It's annoying to have to run through Butcherblock, Nedarias Landing just to be late for the raid.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:46 PM   #13
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel
Default Re: LDON Addition...

I think the devs' reasoning behind the whole Knowledge concept (and especially with the new Gunthak stone) is because those without the ability to become invisible (through a spell or class ability) were getting aggravated at having to shell out money constantly on invis potions just so they could leg distances through KoS zones that could potentially prove fatal...and then the corpse run usually ended up being even worse for them.

While I appreciate they're trying to help out those that don't have any form of invisibility to get them through areas that would be too much of a pain too, anyways, there have always been ways to circumvent that.
1) Get an invis buff from someone, and run like hell, crossing your fingers, toes, and many of the fine hairs covering your body that it doesn't thin out in the middle of a red-conning KoS area. Heh...those were fun.
2) Buy invis potions. /shrug
3) Find a Druid/Wizard and ask them nicely for a lift...chances are, if you are polite and don't just blather on with "d00d port plskthx", they'll be nice enough to teleport you, buff you, *and* not ask for a vital organ as your "donation".
4) /cough Hunt somewhere else. Heh.

Honestly, though, I definitely have to agree with Taleisin, Jethal and Qinadwen...boats > all. Sadly (and I'm not sure about otherwise) but as far as I know from the few servers I play on, the boats no longer even make any rounds...most are perma-docked, due to the devs' unwillingness to "fix" them...I recall just after the Planes of Power expansion shipped, I had petitioned regarding the boats, and the GM basically (all but used the exact words) "Buy the expansion, or feck off!". Boy, did I give him a chewing. /chuckle

If there's any new teleports I want to see out of Knowledge, though, it'd definitely be what Parasite mentioned...as stated Knowledge's ease of travel has spoiled players, and I know if I ever get invited to a group (with how slowly I zone), I get constantly badgered on my way out there "u still comin". Aside from the poor grammar involved, when I can breeze through Butcherblock with a topped SoW and 240ish AGI, unbuffed, I don't really think it's necessary to get two /tells in that zone, alone. /sigh
But then, that's the way the game has been evolving...it's more about speed. It is nice that you can grab a group anywhere across the world, now, whereas you were restricted to spamming LFG within a couple zones before (mostly due to people not even having the patience then to yell at you to run to their group from 20 zones away), but I feel it does detract from the magic of the game...
I recall a song (to which the name eludes me, at the moment) with a verse along the lines of "It's not about getting from point A to B, but the journey in between" (bear in mind those lyrics aren't exact...don't really feel like going through my CD booklets at the moment). But then, just my opinion on the matter. /shrug

Ameril Dan`nodel
Warder, 57th season
[ Lanys T`Vyl server ]
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote