Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 09-24-2002, 10:19 PM   #1
Tuco3
A Bat

Default Buff Timer

Would it be possible to make a buff window which had 15 timers (most likely overlayed by text (IE: Visions of Grandeur), and next to the VoG icon, for example of VoG) Which would count down the time till the buff (or debuff/dot) runs out?

I think the hardest problem would be to assign timers to different buffs.
Tuco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 02:24 AM   #2
Sylviania
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Rallos Zek
Send a message via AIM to Sylviania Send a message via Yahoo to Sylviania

I would say there is currently no way to do that....
and for many reasons ( having 15 timers starting alone / chosing its duration alone /being totally independant ).
but maybe someone will find a trick to do part of that ( after all , someone made a "timer jauge" of 6 mins , that can be clicked on to set a duration, and i wouldn't have thought it was possible with current UI )
Rallos Zek Server
Sylviania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 09:03 AM   #3
jireg
A Gray Wolf

Verant side shoudl be able to do this, as every buff does have a timer on it, we just can't see it. If the VI developers integrate the ability to view the buff timer, then a mod could be done for that, but can not be done at this piont in time.
jireg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 01:09 PM   #4
tannin
A Gray Wolf

all you really need to be able to hack this in (i think, it would depend on animations resetting, like the class animation does whenever you open your inventory window) via the same animation-style timers that have been done, would be do get access to the name of the buff and/or buff text and be able to lookup based on it.

this was my most recent fesability query, would love to see how much of a given buff was left, but unless they give us access to change the spell name label/animation, or the table for buff->icon, i've come to the conclusion that it can't be hacked in with our current access.

edit: ok, i lied, the inventory window class animation doesn't reset when closed, i just timed it badly. that would be the other barrier

Last edited by tannin : 11-30-2002 at 01:21 PM.
tannin is offline   Reply With Quote