Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 02-03-2004, 10:22 PM   #1
Chapsterjr
A Gray Wolf

Exclamation GRRRRRR....I can't get T.King's Animations to work.

Above. I am so confused and I try and I try yet none of them work. HELP!!!
Chapsterjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:33 PM   #2
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist

Try this .

Kuv
Old 02-04-2004, 09:08 AM   #3
Keote
A Gray Wolf

Unhappy T. King Celtic w/ Class Ani & Other

Before I say anything else, my thanks to T.King and all the fine mods and programmers that assist him. You have truly enriched the gameplay of many...

This workaround sounds great - I will try it this evening. I was able to edit a class animation .xml by hand using the two txt files through cut and paste - but not being real good at .xml it's hard to see what goes where. By sheer luck I was able to get the SK class ani to load properly with this method - - but I think I'd go blind getting all my other toons ani's set up. The curious thing, unless I'm wrong, is that the download package includes the EQ_ani file that you suggest Remmy has a hard time editing.

In any event I thought I'd post another issue that comes up - not sure anyone else has experienced this.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Celtic UI. I've been basically looking to get this set to work with 1) class animations 2) class spellbooks 3) a few spellbar and inventory swaps (all T.King, some marble backgrounds and the "evil" or "caster" - type spellbars).

Aside from the class animations issue above (hopefully solved), I notice that the inventories other than Celtic load fine but create some transparancy glitches at the upper right hand corners of all windows (clear small box with the "X" visible in the middle) and some borders missing (like around the spell effects). It's not so that you can't use the UI, it's just not as "clean" as the wonderful UI deserves.

Also, I notice the Celtic pet window lacks a close button, and even after closing it several times it keeps popping back up when one zones. Can't seem to minimize it either (and it is a bit large). I suppose in time the Celtic pet window can be shrunk for those classes who might have pets but don't need so much screen real estate (like wizards).

Anyway sorry for the long post, and maybe these are specific issues only for me. It's just frustrating when we UI noobs have issues with these most excellent UIs!

/bow

Keote
Keote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:50 AM   #4
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Featured Artist
Default Re: T. King Celtic w/ Class Ani & Other

Quote:
Originally posted by Keote
....The curious thing, unless I'm wrong, is that the download package includes the EQ_ani file that you suggest Remmy has a hard time editing.[/i]

remmy.exe does not include an EQUI_animations.xml file, which is edited when it executes. His program creates a copy of the existing animations file and calls it EQUI_an.

Quote:
... I notice that the inventories other than Celtic load fine but create some transparancy glitches at the upper right hand corners of all windows (clear small box with the "X" visible in the middle)

Let me know which inventories you are talking about and I can take a look at them.

Quote:
and some borders missing (like around the spell effects).

This sounds like a templates issue. Either the wrong template file was included in the download or the template was removed from your ui folder.

Quote:
Also, I notice the Celtic pet window lacks a close button, and even after closing it several times it keeps popping back up when one zones. Can't seem to minimize it either (and it is a bit large).

You can turn off the popping pet window off in the options window. Also, the new Cetlic 2.0 SE does not include a pet window, but uses the default one with a border to match the rest of the UI.

Quote:
Anyway sorry for the long post, and maybe these are specific issues only for me. It's just frustrating when we UI noobs have issues with these most excellent UIs!

No problem.

Kuv

Last edited by Kuvasie : 02-04-2004 at 10:12 AM.
Kuvasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:31 AM   #5
Keote
A Gray Wolf

Default T.King Celtic

Kuvasie:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Thanks also for clarifying the function of Remmy. Your answer clarifies that if Remmy copies a version of the ani file and saves it. If Remmy saved it to a "friendlier" format (i.e., Wordpad) - would this automate your workaround?

The T.King character inventories which I believe create an issue (for me at any rate) were Draconis 2.0, Celtic Black Marble, Forest 2.0 and Stone 2.0 (basically the newer T.King inventories with charm slots). I did a fresh install of Celtic 2.0 and ONLY swapped these inventories in for my toons, so I think these are creating the issue. Again, these T.King character inventories on top of Celtic 2.0 create the small transparancies (upper right hand corners) on all UI windows and some dropping of thin borders.

I have turned the pet window off via options bar. It still repops automatically on zone.

Thanks for clarifying that the default pet window is simply recreated with a Celtic-style border. It still lacks a "close" button on the window.

Keote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:44 AM   #6
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Featured Artist

The close button is the small green diamond shape. I am not sure about the the thin borders, I have not seen that at all.

Kuv
Kuvasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:50 AM   #7
Keote
A Gray Wolf

I repeat, the pet window I have from the Celtic 2.0 UI does not have a close button of any kind. Nothing.

All other windows are fine.

I can try to cut a graphic of the window from in-game tonight.

- - Keote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:09 PM   #8
Chapsterjr
A Gray Wolf

Ummm....I STILL CAN'T GET THE FRIKKIN SK CLASSANIMATION WORK!!!!I AM GONNA RIP SOME HEADS OFF!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 09:27 PM   #9
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chapsterjr
Ummm....I STILL CAN'T GET THE FRIKKIN SK CLASSANIMATION WORK!!!!I AM GONNA RIP SOME HEADS OFF!!!

You need to calm down. No one where owes you anything and your not going to get any help with an attitude like that.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:36 PM   #10
Shiv
A Gray Wolf

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I couldn't get the ranger one to work either. It looked to me what it did was make a brand spankin new animations xml instead of adding it to the existing animations file. How i solved it, i pretty much installed the necro class animation (which worked for some reason) and opened wordpad and used the edit>replace function to find the words Necro and enter the words Ranger. I also had to switch the number from the necro number to the ranger number (i forget what they are atm). I think it was the newest downloadable version of the ranger animation too, and it was somehow flawed.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:09 PM   #11
djavulkai
A Gray Wolf

Server: Karana

I figured out a neat little fix a while ago... there was something missing in the files.

I think I posted one of them. If I get a chance tommorrow at work, (which is doubtful) I will look at the other files. What I had to do was edit the .xml file and manually enter the info.

Link to my post with an example of the corrected Cleric one.

Kuv is right, it seems to be a formatting error. On some of them, stuff is just left off.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:08 AM   #12
Remelio
Featured Designer

Server: Tarew Marr
Send a message via ICQ to Remelio Send a message via AIM to Remelio

I have a fix for this but its in limbo as its on my old computer and I haven't re-installed VB on my new computer.. I appear to have misplaced my discs /sigh. I am going to try to get something working by GoD release, but I'm also very busy IRL as well so I can't promise anything.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:51 AM   #13
Azrael
A Snow Cougar

Server: Cazic-Thule

Are you using the newest version of Remmie.exe? Remember for a while there, the one that was hydrated in the zip was not working. I had some probs with the class animations until I started using the newer Remmie. As I remember, it is here as a stand alone download, then swap it out with the one that is unzipped. Hope that is the problem.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:26 AM   #14
Keote
A Gray Wolf

Default Use Kuvasie's Workaround

Used Kuvasie's workaround last night and it works fine.

1. Download the ani files.
2. ** Do not run Remmy patch at this point** Just close it
3. Find the animations xml in the directory you just copied to
4. Right click on the icon - Select "Open With" and use Wordpad
5. Save the file
6. Go back and Run Remmy (which is in the directory) and let it patch fully

- - Keote

P.S. To the dude above, decaf...you know how they say nothing in life is free? Well this fine art and the people who work on getting it so you can use it is about as free as you can get.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:29 PM   #15
Chapsterjr
A Gray Wolf

Well, I'm trying a different UI and I hope it works for my sk. The reason I got mad is just that the animations are so sweet and it I really want them on my UI.