Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 09-25-2005, 04:43 PM   #1
Zandrax
A Gray Wolf

Default Buff window

Okay I've just started messing around with UI creation and I have a question. I'm trying to get my songs to be on the left hand side of the screen and make them come out from the left. I can get everything in line except for the buff picture itself, for some reaon it keeps putting the picture overlapping the name of the song. I've attached a piture so you can have an idea of what I'm talking about. Everything else is fine I just can't seem to get the picture in the right spot. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp buff.bmp (82.0 KB, 47 views)
Zandrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
Fazor
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hiya Zandrax. I would have updated my UI with that variation for the buff window, but I'm stumped like you - exact same problem. Changing the location of the buff buttons seems to do nothing to their actual location. /boggle

I just started working on this this morning so I'll post a replay when I figure it out (not if, when).
Fazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
Fazor
A Snow Cougar

I should have waited to post 30-40 more seconds. I forgot that SOE made the buff window kinda funny to do a sort of auto-shuffle with a top&right justification. If you load default and resize the window, you'll notice how they pop around reordering themselves. I'm going to try to max the buff icons a separate screen piece and then try to have the location for that indicate where they go or I'll just do something with their size such that they line up where I want them. Will post update to Delta3_Fazor in a few days once I have everything all set.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #4
Fazor
A Snow Cougar

Since the buff icons right align, you need to edit their size to be just about the width of the whole window. ie. I made mine 124 wide (main window is 124). Then you'll have to edit the decal offset to only be 2 in the X direction. I have Left versions of my short and long duration buff windows but don't have time to rezip etc for the download area until later. Note that the BlueIcon for the template is universal for both windows and cannot be renamed. So if you have a non-symmetrical background for the buff icons and want Short to be left aligned and long to be right aligned, one of them will have to look funny.

Also, with Left-Aligned, you can't have the labels extend beyond the buff icons so clicking anywhere in that area will click off buffs (even if the buff icon is transparent and the label is short). The right-aligned one that I originally posted in Delta3_Fazor has the buff icon shrunk so that you probably won't accidentally click off a buff.

Good luck.-