Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Compares & Patch fixes
User Name
Password

Old 03-02-2022, 10:51 PM   #1
Latnam
A Ghoul

Default Test Update 03/01/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Just wanted to get this out to our fine UI designers about an upcoming change

Here is a link to the post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ussions.281219/

The changes that need to be made to custom UIs will depend on how the custom UI is setup, but essentially, the buff window used to define each buff slot as BW_Buff[#]_Button where [#] is 0-41. Now it uses a template "BW_Player_Buff_Template" which is called from inside a TileLayoutBox BW_Buttons.

To fix it you should be able to just delete the old buttons listed above, and replace it with the template + tilelayoutbox and leave the rest of the custom UI code alone. You may need to adjust the sizing / offset location of the decal (buff icon) inside the template as well.

The changes to the song window are the same as for the buff window, with the old buttons being named SDBW_Buff[#]_Button where [#] is 0-29 and the new template is "SDBW_Player_Buff_Template" and tilelayoutbox SDBW_Buttons.

Likewise, the changes to the Target Window is similar. The old buttons being named Target_Buff[#]_Button where [#] is 0-96 (your UI may have more or less) and it is replaced by Target_Buff_Template. There should have already been a TileLayoutBox named Target_Buttons already, but it doesn't hurt to double check it is still compliant.

You will also need to add the following to the templates file (if you use a custom one):

Code:
<ButtonDrawTemplate item="BDT_TargetBuff">
<Normal>A_RecessedBox</Normal>
<NormalDecal>A_DragItem</NormalDecal>
</ButtonDrawTemplate>
It is added after BDT_PlayerBuff. (The location doesn't really matter, but consistency is good).
Latnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 11:22 PM   #2
Angahran
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Patches

I've posted the 'fixes' as a patch for my UI.
Unfortunately, as far as I have been able to determine anyway, it appears it is no longer possible to have staggered buffs/sd buffs