Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Offer from DaerPC.com for EQInterface/EQGUI members

DAER PC SKYHAWK Everquest Ready PC*
Price: $399.00 (taxed only in VA)

SPECS
Processor: XP1700
Memory: 256mb DDR (EQInterface/EQgui members get upgraded to 512 FREE)
Hard Drive: 40 gig
CD Rom: 52x
CD Writer: (Optional Upgrade)
DVD Drive: (Optional Upgrade)
Video: Savage Pro 32mb DDR (shared)
Modem: (Optional Upgrade)
Sound: AC97 Digital 4 Channel
Software: (Optional Upgrade)
Monitor: (Optional Upgrade)
Case: Alluminum Skyhawk Case (alluminum is best for heat dispersion)

for 399.00 this is one of the best deals I have seen on the web for an assembled computer. And They have optional upgrades on all the items included, and those listed as optional. and again, EQInterface/EQGui members get a FREE uprade on the member to 512 megs A 50$ value (see bottom for details)

Erik and the folks at DaerPC have been working endlessly to try and build a good EQ Machine, but still keep the cost down. by starting with the basics listed above. I should note, that this is almost the EXACT system I am running now, and it cost me nearly 1,100 dollars to build this a year ago.. (May 2002 to be exact)

We are going to support DaerPC by having a link to thier offer for
EQI/EQGui members on the main page for a trial period, to see if many people look to them for upgrades. We hope that some of our success with the EQ community will bring them success to.

Lastly I should mention, that DaerPC is also offering FREE SHIPPING if your order is submitted by the end of Feb. (this is a seperate promotion, but add that to the free ram upgrade and we could be making out like bandits)

****Promo For EQInterface/EQGui Members****

Enter the promo code 30301 and you will recieve the free upgrade from 256mb to 512mb of ram free. No need to change the ram in the selection window. During Check Out it will tell you your using a promo code, and list the 256 megs of ram.. BUT the confirmation E-mail will show the correct ram, and that your code has been redeemed.

To find out about what upgrades they offer above the base system listed above, or to order Click HERE (or click the name at top of screen)

*The base machine meets or exceeds SOE's minimum specs to play EQ as of the release of Luclin, this includes Planes of Power and Legacy of Ykeysha.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]

Last edited by Kudane : 02-21-2003 at 06:57 PM.
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 06:47 PM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

Place Holder for any further Info.

Last edited by Kudane : 02-21-2003 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:20 PM   #3
Stregar
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Luclin
Send a message via ICQ to Stregar
Default Incompatible Hardware

Both the sound card and video card are not on the supported list of devices on the EQ site.

AC97's are onboard sound cards and don't work well or at all in EQ. Savage Video Cards cards have incredible graphics anomolies in EQ and you can't see PC or NPC names as well as seeing poking out eyes, jutting teeth, etc.

Good deal on that pc, but the reason why is that you are getting onboard devices that are not compatible with EverQuest.

This is not meant as a derogitory post in anyway, just simply a technical post regarding hardware and EQ compatability.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:25 PM   #4
Kudane
Co-Founder

I have tried the AC97 and it seems to work fine with the new drivers that EQ has released, it had trouble with the older version, but since switching to MP3 music for most everything the AC97 has not shown any issues. (that I have seen) since the AC97 is DirectX compliant. (or so it says)

and the default video card is "savage pro" which is built in.. but you can upgrade to a GeForce 4/440 64mb ram for 49.99, which is a pretty good deal. even with the video upgrade.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:29 PM   #5
Kudane
Co-Founder

Default Re: Incompatible Hardware

Quote:
Originally posted by Stregar
Both the sound card and video card are not on the supported list of devices on the EQ site.

AC97's are onboard sound cards and don't work well or at all in EQ. Savage Video Cards cards have incredible graphics anomolies in EQ and you can't see PC or NPC names as well as seeing poking out eyes, jutting teeth, etc.

Good deal on that pc, but the reason why is that you are getting onboard devices that are not compatible with EverQuest.

This is not meant as a derogitory post in anyway, just simply a technical post regarding hardware and EQ compatability.

Quote:
from Everquest for Luclin
Required Specs:

Windows® 98/2000/ME/XP
Pentium® II 400Mhz or greater
256 MB RAM
16 MB Direct3D compliant video card and hardware T&L (i.e. Nvidia GeForce/GeForce 2 or ATI Radeon)
DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card
28.8 K+ Internet connection
4X speed CD-ROM
450 MB+ hard drive space

The Savage Pro was tested with Direct3D, and it was compliant.. I agree its not the "best" video card, but it can be used.. the video card upgrade is not that expensive. and the AC97 is DirectX compatible.. or you can upgrade the sound for 15.00

again, they built this system based on SOE's minimum requirements.. and they are offing upgrades all the way to GeForce 4Ti 128mb ram, and the newest Radeo 9700... I appreciate the technical feedback though, but they assure me they did test this system on several DirectX 3D games..

/bow
Old 02-21-2003, 09:18 PM   #6
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

This is pretty awesome! I like to see companies that help each other out for the consumers out there. And not to mention the great promo offer for being a member of EQGUI! Well done! You guyz is the shiznitz! WOOT!

Bring in the DB's of appreciation!

Zantaklawz

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 09:36 PM   #7
Jukar_Dak'Thal
A Ghoul

With a few upgrades, this looks like a pretty sweet PC. And ya posted this just about the time I was planning on buying another PC. (This will make number 5... mine, my wifes, her laptop, and our spare that we're saving for our son to play on when he gets old enough... too bad I'm the only one that plays EQ. heh.) Any Idea how fast they ship it to you?

"King of Jungle, only here to help." - George of the Jungle
Jukar_Dak'Thal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 03:04 AM   #8
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

That does look like a very nice deal, but I really wish people wouldn't market something as an "EQ ready" PC with vidio like that.
They do it just to keep the advertised price very low, then hit you with optional upgrades.

Heck, for just a little more, they could us an nForce2 motherboard and have onboard sound on par with the best sound blaster cards, onboard geForce4 MX quality vidio, and onboard LAN...
Shadowed Soul
Caleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 06:37 AM   #9
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Caleal
That does look like a very nice deal, but I really wish people wouldn't market something as an "EQ ready" PC with vidio like that.
They do it just to keep the advertised price very low, then hit you with optional upgrades.

Heck, for just a little more, they could us an nForce2 motherboard and have onboard sound on par with the best sound blaster cards, onboard geForce4 MX quality vidio, and onboard LAN...

AC97 is compairable to SB-32awe sooo not to shabby, and the on-board video has twice the ram that SOE recommends as minimum ram.. When DaerPC was calculating cost on building this they kept a great balance between playabilty and over all cost. But they understand that some people want more video card or ram, that is why they offer the upgrades.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:33 AM   #10
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>
Default So what we really need.

So they need to make two offers.

Here's the Entry Level EQ machine - 399.99
Here's the Preferred EQ Machine - 599.99 or something like it.

I will be suggesting my son who uses an Emachine 1805 try the upgrade if he is ready to move on, but I'll be sticking with my Toshiba Laptop which has mightily tanked all of SoE's upgrades like a champ.
Old 02-22-2003, 09:21 AM   #11
Biddin
A Gray Wolf

Everyone knows SOE lies about the minimum requirements lol
Biddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 10:23 AM   #12
Jadn
A Treant

This sounded like an incredible deal when I first read about it, but not so much now. My first beef is no OS. How many people are honestly going to buy a computer with no OS on it and loaded? IMO, whenver you buy a PC from a company Windows XP comes on it standard, not an added goody/upgrade/etc. I built a system with their 'options' and as it stands at $548.00....well $99.00 of that is for a stupid OS that doesnt come standard on it, and I put 50 to upgrade the speed 2100...or should I upgrade to the geforce 4 for the same price? I think I may buy this because my computer bites, but who knows.
Jadn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:00 PM   #13
resce
A Ghoul

It has a modem option. but what about an ethernet card? If someone gets this are they going to have to go out and buy a fricken 10/100 and install it? Sounds a bit shady to me.
resce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:34 PM   #14
daerpc
A Gray Wolf

Server: !

Hello - This is Erik from Daer PC
I wanted to thank everyone for their comments so far on this promotion we are offering to all the great members here.
Just to clarify the base configuration is as follows:

Case: Skyhawk Galaxy Case - 10Bay Aluminum
MB: Gigabyte Socket A
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ CPU
Memory: 512MB DDR Memory
Hard Drive: 40GB 7200RPM ATA100
CD: 52X CDROM
Video: 32MB SavagePRO (shared)
Sound: AC97
Lan: 10/100 Realtek Ethernet
Floppy: 3.5" Mitsumi
USB: 4 USB Ports
Software: Gigabyte Utilites/Norton AV
Dimension: 7.9” (W) x 16.2” (H) x 19.3” (D)

We will keep on eye on all the great suggestions and comments being posted here.

If anyone has direct questions or comments feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us toll free 1-866-966-7427.
daerpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:47 PM   #15
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

This is typical of a custom built machine, and at what appears to be a good price.
In response to the OS statement, don't you have an OS on your current setup? This doesn't come with a monitor either, I assume that you will be using your old monitor. You own the license for the OS on your old machine. Are you going to use the old machine, if not then the OS for that machine can be removed and installed on this one legally. (This can be a problem if your old computer did not come with a separate CD for the OS. Fairly common with HP, Gateway, and others, but that is a rant all its own)
Like I said above it appears to be a good price. Kudane managed to find what appears to be a pretty good deal. If you want to take advantage of it, then do so, if not then don't.

Edit: Just got off the phone with Erik, the OS price has been lowered, and expected delivery for me East coast would be 5-7 business days. Will keep you all updated with how this works out. I will be ordering one on Monday.

Last edited by Weskat : 02-22-2003 at 01:11 PM.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread