I made a minor change to the player window in the Default subfolder of the UIfiles folder of the EQ files. I saved the change and loaded the default UI in game. I did not see the change. I did that for several diferent windows and did not see a change in any. I must be overlooking something basic. I need a primer on the steps to modify the UI files and implement them. I used to do this many years ago but must have forgotten something.
1. Navigate to your EQ folder then navigate to the uifiles folder
2. Inside the uifiles folder, create a new folder and name it something else (no spaces in name)
3. Copy the file(s) from default that you are wanting to modify and place it(them) in your new custom folder. ONLY COPY THE FILE(S) YOU WANT TO MODIFY - DO NOT COPY ALL THE FILES
4. In your custom folder, modify the file(s) and save it(them)
5. Load the custom UI folder in game
The default folder is checked and patched EVERY time the game opens. Modifying anything in the default folder will automatically be overwritten before ever logging into EQ. This is why you must create a custom folder for your UI changes.