User Name
Password

Old 02-11-2003, 02:04 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Reminder of Submission Guidelines

I wanted to take a moment to remind everyone of the guidelines we use for our files. I have been getting emails asking why the files they uploaded never show up..

Mix & Match Section is for UIs that You have put together using other peoples work. This is where you can post your UI you use so that other can find it. (like guild members or other posters on the board here)

Complete Sets Section is for ORIGINAL WORK ONLY This falls under the Category of TGA Artwork, If you use Vert's TGA's and simply re-orginize the windows.. its does not go here. If you have original work (Vert, Xymarra, Kaori to list a few) then this is where you put it.

If you submit your UI to the wrong Directory it will be deleted from the cue If I have time I have tried to email the author and let him know that it was in the wrong section, but with 80,000 subscribers, that is getting harder to do. So from now on, I am just going to delete the file, I am sorry if this seems rude. But it Cleary States by the upload icon to make sure your in the correct category.

PLease remember to only included the files that you modified, any Submissions with the entire default folder in it WILL BE DELETED

Other Tips
Here are some things that will keep a file even in the correct category from getting deleted

1. Zip or RAR Only If the file is not zipped or rar'ed they will be deleted. these are the two most common compression programs and easiest to work with.

2. Screenshot and Discription If the file does not have a valid screenshot and a informative discription it will also get deleted.

3. Patching Other peoples Work While I understand people are just trying to help, please post patches in the forums. the Author(s) Will make official updates of thier work and post them. Please also dont be offended if your patch attachment is removed once an official patch is released.

4. R-rated Images While a lot of us are adults, Dolby and I have decided to not host any "questionable" images. This includes nude, semi-nude, or scantally clad real life images. While some of the Artwork that has come through is risque in nature, it is hand drawn not a live model. Sorry to sound like a prude, but it is just not an area we want to go into. So far only 3 submissions ever were questionable.

I hope these tips and guidelines help you understand what we are looking for and what we try and hold to as a standard, as with anything we make mistakes. We do try to correct them as quickly as possible.

"Also dont be offended if we delete your UI after a month or two if you havent updated it. If your interface you have in our downloads area is older then a month or two more then likely its broken. To make it easy for those to find working ones and save us on support your OLD mod will most likely be deleted. Some mods we deem saveable we will move to the archive." - Dolby

Thank you

- Kudane & Dolby

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]

Last edited by Kudane : 02-12-2003 at 05:13 PM.
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 02:29 PM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Also dont be offended if we delete your UI after a month or two if you havent updated it. If your interface you have in our downloads area is older then a month or two more then likely its broken. To make it easy for those to find working ones and save us on support your OLD mod will most likely be deleted. Some mods we deem saveable we will move to the archive.

So if you want your mod to stay alive... keep up with regular updates.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 10:28 AM   #3
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm SO offended - you deleted my "Moons by Grottel" mod.
heheh - JK.

I'm glad to see that the EQUI staff are taking proactive steps and have a clearly defined system in place. Its a posters own fault if something gets poofed.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote