User Name
Password

Old 10-11-2003, 03:14 AM   #46
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Taleisin
I must say even though I am trying to dethrone ACUI with a functional UI I do love ACUI and probably will love ACUIr3 as well... But I have been wondering, are you going to do another UI after ACUIr3?

I already have one in the works...

Beyond that, I'm not saying.

Elezibeth Amnell • 29th Season
Journeyman Druidess of Tunare
Brewing Mistress • Skill 132
100% unRetired
--
Elorien Evenstar • 23rd Season
Exploring Ranger of Tunare
Simi-Retired
--
ACUI / EQ2UI Project Designer
Elezibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 03:59 AM   #47
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Augh. Well I'm back after a long week. Or two or something.

The patches I met when I came back were a SERIOUS stab in the face.

1) FBO not lasting permanently on charmed mobs makes sense, but still sucks.

2) Not being able tor echarge items by selling them then buying them also "makes sense" but totally destroys some items (Locket of Escape).

3) Plane of Mischief is now the sh**iest piece of sh** ever. I wanna cry.

5) MP3 player closes when you hit ESC.

4) But the WORST change, was my Acrylia Infused Robe, a robe that looked like a plate BP for the past 8 months and was supposed to, is now a freakin' dress. I about broke into tears when at the char select screen I was in a dress. I immediately destroyed it and pulled out my old Knotted Satin Shirt. I will now be hitting Noble Dojorn in PoSky every week from now 'til I get his chestplate.

The good things were they fixed the LDoN focused water pets and made my eye of zomm white again (instead of the black it and evil eyes have been for like 3 years). Oh and I did an awesome thing with my pet windows pet buffs.

On to ACUI. I will have something tomorrow afternoon for Elezibeth. You'll probably get screenshots from her tomorrow evening or night.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 12:23 PM   #48
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Alrighty, almost time for screenshots.

Just to let you know, Enok didn't get to doing the majority yet (he's a busy guy ya know) but he did manage to work out the code necessary for the new imagery changes and implement the new cursor, I'll be posting a SS of that shortly!

Edit: On Second thought, I'll wait til things are a bit more put together...there really isn't anything you guys want to see yet.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:18 AM   #49
Taleisin

paitently knits Lunix together while waiting for post ACUIr3 info
Old 10-19-2003, 02:58 PM   #50
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

/emote Bangs head on desk.....must be patient......must be patient......peeks at computer.....groans......bangs head on desk......paaatttiiieeennnccce.
Wolvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:24 PM   #51
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolvig
/emote Bangs head on desk.....must be patient......must be patient......peeks at computer.....groans......bangs head on desk......paaatttiiieeennnccce.

I'm waiting myself...Enok has gone quiet on me...
Old 10-27-2003, 10:12 AM   #52
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Well guys, it seems I'm on indefinite hold since I'm no longer hearing from Enok and I'm not able to do the code on my own it seems like we're stuck.

Sorry guys...
Old 10-27-2003, 10:17 AM   #53
Taleisin

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!... ~bangs head on desk~..

enough of that.. Enok is probably just busy in RL.. he wouldn't leave his loyal fans.... would he?
Old 10-30-2003, 06:25 PM   #54
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Ok guys, I just got a build from Enok...

Much improvement since that first build I got from him however there is still a TON of work to be done on this one.

I'll try to get a SS up of the ingame even though right now it isn't much to look at...
Old 11-01-2003, 03:21 PM   #55
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Looking for opinions...

I'm calling this ACUI 2.1.

This screenshot is only available for a limited time while I gauge people's reactions and opinions on the updated info-center at the top...

Allow me to give you a quick explanation before the link...

Far Left Top:
Current HP / Max HP

Far Left Bottom:
XP % To Level / AA % To Level

--

Middle Top:
Health (With %)

Middle Middle:
Vigor (Stamina)

Middle Bottom:
Casting Timer Bar / Mana Bar

--

Right:
Visual XP Display (Red will loose level, yellow might loose level, green is safe from loosing level).

--

Bottom Bar:
Spell Effects and Songs

--

Far Right:
Micro-Map Window w/Compass

-----------

Now my question is, do you look this concept layout better than the one shown in the first page of this thread?

This was all born out of the fact I am loosing ideas on how to make ACUI 2.0 better than 1.0 due to the current layout, this will alleviate a few of those issues...

Thanks for looking and remember, this won't be around for too long so please make your comment early! (I will remember those who provide feedback if/when this design should be used. )

SAMPLE SHOT REMOVED - THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

Last edited by Elezibeth : 11-04-2003 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-01-2003, 03:33 PM   #56
steppin
An Icepaw Kobold

Looks purrrrrty sharp indeed
question for people with icons that are similar ..
possible to put NAMES on the spell icons ? and on the buffs ?

steppin
steppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:06 PM   #57
Orpington2019
A Shissar Disciple

Default nice...

looking sharp...

I think the icons are too small to put names on unless you put them like this

R
e
g
r
o
w
t
h

but that my be a bit of a programming feat...

It really looks nice, the only thing that I do not like about it is that I like to have everything that I need to look at right next to each other...although this is not the point of this UI, that is what I look for in a UI...as far as that goes, I think making it so that the life bar is on the right of the chat window and the mana on the left side and number informations tucked in there as well would be neat but that is too much of a deviation from the original idea...

I think you could make a vertical spell gems window and tuck it up against the left side of the screen with your rounded edges on the top and bottom curving towards the left edge...should be easy to do since you have the grapics allready...

I like your map window but I actually think it needs to be about 25% bigger...but, I bet this is at max resolution so when I use it on 1024x768 it should be fine for sizing...take care and keep up the good work...looks great!

-Orp
Orpington2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:38 PM   #58
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Bah, I got a second to post so I'll get in as much as possible.

Took a trip to Rhode Island for almost a week. Came back to southern California and then it lit on fire. Lots of relatives in San Diego, had to help one evacuate. Luckily their house was ok. Mother's house had a fire about 3 miles away so was concerned about that too. Spent a lot of time driving places and telling people to calm down.

Right now I'm sick. Didn't take care of myself I guess since I seem to have gotten a cold. All the smoke in the air probably didn't help.

For UI stuff, getting the awesome new ACUI graphics fitted into the UI. The selector and hotbutton windows are almost done, or rather are basically done. Need to get all the other UI stuff upgraded, most importantly the player window.

That's it for now. I should have time to work on it late tonight.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:55 PM   #59
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Just to clear up a few things said already about the 2.1 preview...

The spell icons you are seeing there are actually the effects you have on you, not the casting bar, that section hasn't been worked out yet but it will be vertical on the left side as is the norm for ACUI. The window is portrayed under the player window right now just for 'cannonness' with the original UI this is designed from. It will be moveable to all areas on the screen as in the current.

Also, so you all know, all my mock-ups are done in real size (1024x768) so that what you see is what you will actually get when you install the UI on a 1024x768 character.

--

To Enok, take your time and get yourself better. Depending on the continued reactions to 2.1 I might fire it off to you and let you play with it a bit also and do a direct update from the current 2.0 build to a 2.1 build.

I find myself loving the newer design more and more since it has opened up a slew of new doors for me in my expanding on the original AC2 UI from which this is based.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:27 AM   #60
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

oK,LOVING IT SO FAR. Where are the buttons for the map window and what are your ideals on the spellbook and Inventory? oh and can we have an mp3 player that looks like the selector bar but turned to fit the top of the window?

Just suggestions really looking forward to this.
Wolvig is offline   Reply With Quote