Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 01-08-2004, 07:11 PM   #1
supafly
A Ghoul

Angry !@$! icon backgrounds...

Right. So I've made up a shiny new hotbutton window and shiny new combat ability window. I was originally going to use a custom graphic for the background on the inventory items in the hotbutton window, but for some reason the graphic I declared with a Ui2DAnimation tag set and then flagged in the inventory button tag set to be used... wasn't used. It defaulted to A_Recessed_Box anyway. A_Recessed_Box didn't clash horribly with the rest of the window, so I just shrugged and moved on.

Well, now I'm polishing the CAW and I don't want the buff icon just floating there without a background, and I REALLY don't want that blue background. I made a custom background image, but once again, it's not showing up. Code is as follows:

<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_ring_SkillBuffBackground">
<Cycle>true</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Texture>button_backgrounds.bmp</Texture>
<Location>
<X>5</X>
<Y>40</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>29</CX>
<CY>29</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
<Duration>1000</Duration>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>

and an excerpt from the buff icon button:

<ButtonDrawTemplate>
<Normal>A_ring_SkillBuffBackground</Normal>
<NormalDecal>BuffIcons</NormalDecal>
</ButtonDrawTemplate>

And STILL I see the blue background instead of the one I made. ARGH!!!

So, my question is this: Is there something special I need to be doing for background images of this nature? I noticed the original background image for buff icons is in BMP format; but A_Recessed_Box is from a TGA. Plz to be sending clue k thx ~
supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:36 PM   #2
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Unhappy

I think it will only use the default names, BlueIconBackground and RedIconBackground in all the buttons, no matter what name you give it in the ButtonDrawTemplate. I am pretty sure I tried to change it (way back when) because I wanted to use different background highlight images in the spell book and the buff window. Instead I had to design a single background button image that served double purpose.

I imagine the same will be true of the combat ability window buttons. If you want to design a new background, you will have to call it BlueIconBackground and live with that same background for buttons in your spell book and buff window.
Xymarra is offline   Reply With Quote