Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 11-16-2002, 03:12 AM   #61
Tipop
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You mean to make it look like an XP bar? That's not hard at all. All it would require would be editing the TGA file. Of course, the width would have to remain the same, because that's programmed into the animation, but you could make it resemble the standard XP bar if you really wanted. (Minus the blue line, though.)
Tipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 10:30 AM   #62
Kiegh
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to Kiegh

Arista, I don't really know how your timers for buffs work, but I would like to make a suggestion. Limited suggestion as it may be, but if everyone could post info on length of spells then maybe it would be possible to make a full set of buffs w/ pre determined lasting times. I don't know if that made any sense but if it did I'm sure you've already done it and I just don't know where to look. Thanks for trying to understand in advance.

-kiegh
Kiegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 12:48 PM   #63
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiegh
Arista, I don't really know how your timers for buffs work, but I would like to make a suggestion. Limited suggestion as it may be, but if everyone could post info on length of spells then maybe it would be possible to make a full set of buffs w/ pre determined lasting times. I don't know if that made any sense but if it did I'm sure you've already done it and I just don't know where to look. Thanks for trying to understand in advance.

For spell durations I usually recommend that people go to the Lucy database.

As for making pre-packaged "sets" of timers: since screen space is limited, it's hard to know what people will want timers for, as everyone will want different setups. Some people will only want to time one or two crucial buffs, while others will want to time more. Or people will want additional timers for other things, like abilities/disciplines, DoTs, or spawns. Actually I'm not sure this is what you meant by your suggestion, so sorry if I misunderstood.

One thing I can do is include a list of buffs/times on the website, on the XML generator page, so people can easily select from the list when customizing their configuration. However, I can't account for the different items/abilities that people may have that alter the duration of certain spells, so the base durations won't work for everyone.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 09:51 PM   #64
Boosh
A Ghoul

Arista,

Thanks for all of your hard work on this. This is an excellent addition to my UI.

However, I'm having a small problem getting it to load. My UI errors file is showing the following error:

[Sat Nov 30 21:41:21 2002] XMLMerge() Expected a Schema section in other document
[Sat Nov 30 21:41:21 2002] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I followed the instructions to the letter.

Thanks again.
Boosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 07:54 PM   #65
leylea
A Gray Wolf

Default great mod

Hi, I'd like to first say what a great timer this is..

But I'd also like to make a request as much as a question.. And pray forgive my naivety , but is it possible to make a timer with things like a stop , pause, play (resume) thing like a real stop watch? I guess if an example were to be made, something like the timer on the mp3 player.. And perhaps a digital countdown.. Or would that be just way too much work to encode.. hehe..

Well thanks, and my compliments again on ur timer.
leylea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:58 PM   #66
Newander
A Gray Wolf

Server: Nameless
Send a message via ICQ to Newander
Default Re: great mod

Quote:
Originally posted by leylea
Hi, I'd like to first say what a great timer this is..

But I'd also like to make a request as much as a question.. And pray forgive my naivety , but is it possible to make a timer with things like a stop , pause, play (resume) thing like a real stop watch? I guess if an example were to be made, something like the timer on the mp3 player.. And perhaps a digital countdown.. Or would that be just way too much work to encode.. hehe..

Well thanks, and my compliments again on ur timer.

I know, I didn't write the mod and am not associated with Ari, but I can answer this one hehe

Digital countdown is possible, you just reverse the order the digital clock runs in. Just a matter of rearranging stuff in the XML file.

As for stop/play/pause there is no way to do that at this time due to UI limitations.

However, if you don't use the player for music, I know there are at least a couple mods here that come with specific length MP3s you can load up into the player to use it as a timer. The big limitation there is you only get one timer.

Hopefully the grand high Dev Team at SOE will give us some sort of scripting ability to do this, or at least the ability to pause (and stop and start etc) an animation. Let us pray........ to the dancing banana

Newander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 12:46 PM   #67
lavaboy
A Bat

Default broken

Think latest patch broke the timer. I get xml error when loading the gui. I use the /bug command to bring up the timer
lavaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 02:50 PM   #68
dchriest
A Gray Wolf

Unhappy Yeah timer using Bug Report Window Broken

I was using the Bug Report Window for the my timers because I rarely report bugs that way and it didn't disappear when I soned, etc.

The patch on 12/4 seems to have broken it. Any chance you can do the necessary edits for this Arista?

I've been thinking of attempting it but I'll probably screw it up badly.
dchriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 12:28 AM   #69
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Arrow Will investigate

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been away from EQ for some time, so I haven't been logging in. I'll download the patch tonight and take a look. Will post here again with an update when I fix the timer XML generator.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:17 AM   #70
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Bug Report Window - fixed for 12/5 patch

Version 3.3 has been released to make the timer XML generator compatible with the 12/5 patch.

If you are using the bug report window for the timer, and you have timer 3.2 or earlier, please generate a new timer XML file using version 3.3. (If you are not using the bug report window, then you don't need to do anything.)
Old 12-06-2002, 03:17 PM   #71
dchriest
A Gray Wolf

Default Woot! Great!

Woot! Great! Thanks... really been missing my usual
timers. The Bug Window option sure works a lot better
than the other options.

Curses to Sony for changing the files all the time!

Thanks again Arista!
dchriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 01:55 AM   #72
archeiron
A Gray Wolf

first off, I just wanted to say "well done on the timer, it is a deviously clever peice of work! "

and.... have you done any exploration to putting multiple "markers" on each timer bar, seems have two would be easy enough (one above, one below).
archeiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 02:59 AM   #73
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by archeiron
first off, I just wanted to say "well done on the timer, it is a deviously clever peice of work! "

and.... have you done any exploration to putting multiple "markers" on each timer bar, seems have two would be easy enough (one above, one below).
Thanks

Putting multiple markers on each timer bar is a great idea - I'm glad you suggested it! It would allow the user to use the same timer bar for timing multiple instances of the same spell (such as mez, or a buff), multiple spawns, etc., or allow the same general-use timer to be used for different things. I'll have to wait until after the holidays before I'll have time to work on the timer more, but when I get around to it, I'll be sure to add this feature to the next release. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 12-19-2002, 07:21 PM   #74
jayzan777
A Treant

Server: Saryrn
Default DNS ERROR

Can't download the graphics files they all give dns erros. you need to fix it.
Old 12-19-2002, 11:04 PM   #75
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Re: DNS ERROR

Quote:
Originally posted by jayzan777
Can't download the graphics files they all give dns erros. you need to fix it.

I just tried downloading and it seems to be working fine. According to the logs, lots of people have been accessing the graphics files without any problems. Do you by any chance have Download Accelerator running? If so, try pressing ALT as you click the download button.

If that's not the case and you are still having problems, let me know which file you want and I can send it to you if you'd like.