Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > Priest
User Name
Password

Old 04-12-2005, 09:42 PM   #46
Angling
A Gray Wolf

Default Nice looking UI and Gnomes

Hi Soran,

I am a user of Ortin's UI but since it is slowly getting more out of date and upon reading the recent patch message I decided to go an alternative and found yours. It looks good. I like the fact that it has its origin in Ortin's.

I must also add that I like your current screen shot ...in answer to your question yes our guild only contains gnomes!

Angling Whalebane
59 Cleric
Gnomads
The Seventh Hammer
Angling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:02 AM   #47
Dragnet
A Gray Wolf

Server: Antonius Bayle
Default tell windows

I believe the only way to get the close box for tell windows is to set it for ALL chat windows.

If you are brave enough to try this - this is thinking out loud so don't try unless you understand how to fix anything you break.

Try removing the EQUI_ChatWindow.xml from the Soran UI directory and you should get the default windows back with the box in the corner. If you need to reset the window alpha to 30 - normal and 0 - faded

This is untested - try at your own risk (but would be nice to know if it works - have had a few people ask about this)

Dragnet

Put the file back if it doesn't fix it!
Dragnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:15 PM   #48
Angling
A Gray Wolf

Thumbs up Feedback

Now that I have used Soran's UI I still like it! Its taking a little bit to get used to looking to the left rather than the right but other than that it has been good.

I have a couple of suggestions or wish list items for Soran to consider. Note that I like graphical bars

- Health and mana bar for self. I would like these bars a little larger. Bars I think are easier to interpret and will catch your eye without necessarily distracting you from that all important heal.
- Pet window. It wasn't popping up when I summon my cleric pet (Mr Poofy). I find the window usefull even though he doesn't necessarily last that long, its is nice to be able to easily glance at him and determine his status. Theoretically you can also buff him so you can see what buffs he has.
- Experience/AA bar on main window. Could we have a bar between the exp and aa percentages at the top of the screen? Again watching that bar grow is nice.

Angling
Cleric, Seventh Hammer
Angling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 04:15 PM   #49
mjnog
A Fire Beetle

Been trying to download DoN updated Soran, but site seems to be down everytime I try, last 3-4 days it seems, anyone got a link
mjnog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:59 PM   #50
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorry that the website was down. All the files and optional downloads are up on EQinterface under Downloads-->Complete Sets-->Futuristic-->SoranUI..
Here is a
Quick Link

Soran

Last edited by soran : 04-21-2005 at 05:09 PM.
soran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:35 PM   #51
Kamie
A Bat

Default Was wondering if this is avail

I love this UI but the most annoying thing to me is having to keep a window open when I am running and need my map... do you know of any UI that has a map that will work inside/along side this UI that I dont have to open a window to use it? In order words a perm a map someone ( a small one)????
Kamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:44 AM   #52
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
a map that will work inside/along side this UI

I'll look into it. I get annoyed as well. The default map window is HUGE!!

Also, the UI is now fully updated for the 5-11 patch. If you downloaded the temp fix, pls download the UI again and reinstall it overwriting the old files.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #53
Kuryakenn
A Ghoul

Server: Fennin Ro
Default Compass

I love this UI!! Thank you Soran (and Ortin) for all your time and effort into making this. I do have one thing I would ask...if it is possible. When in a DON mission and we zone into Broodlands, trying to see the mark on the compass is difficult. Is there some way that line could be white or red or blue or something different anyway...it blends into the compass lettering and I have a difficult time seeing it. A minor issue, I realize, but if it isn't too much trouble I sure would appreciate it. Thanks for your consideration.
Fennin Ro Server
Kuryakenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:09 PM   #54
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

It's been a while since I've had to update the UI, and it's been great. However, the new DOD expansion brings a lot of UI changes. So many, that I've been forced to redesign the UI somewhat.

I'll try to keep it as close to the original as possible, but I think you may like the changes given what's coming up in DOD.

Feel free to post any suggestions or things you'd like to see added.

I will say this much, I'm moving the HOTT gauge closer to the Target Window. I'll post screenshots when I get something working.

Soran
Old 09-09-2005, 03:06 PM   #55
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

After much work.. and debate.. here's how it's turning out.

Soran
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SoranDOD.jpg (100.4 KB, 46 views)
Old 09-14-2005, 01:05 PM   #56
BeatuBeatu
A Gray Wolf

A few questions on your most recent rework for DoD.

1. I use tell windows, will you offer a mod that show's the title bar for the chat windows? Without it when you get tell's they stack one on top of the other and resizing the windows to other places on the screen so you can read the underlying tell's is much more difficult then clicking on the title bar and dragging the window. I am a buff class and during raids I receive several tell's for for buffs. It's nice to be able to have tell windows that I can move around and close once the request is filled.

2. The spot for clickies shown next to the spell bar (5 clickies) is missing, will it be back?

3. The stat bar shown below the group window is also missing, will it be back?

4. Is it possible to get a hotbutton bank the would just go between the old ui's spell gem/inventory/group/clickie/stat window and the chat window lying next to it? That looks like a good spot to drop one in.

I really like the looks of this UI, With the spell bar being in such close proximity to the group window I would no longer have to pack my hotbutton box with my most used spell gem's. As it is I have my assist's on hotbutton's mapped to my numpad 1,2,3 making it easy to assit the ma's and get my targets to slow in raids. Also with the clickies right there, I could easily do without a inventory tab so I can access them. As it is I have been using my social's page in my actions window for sometime to allow me more programmed hotkey type functions. With the addition of the hotbutton banks, I may finally be able to get away from that. Such functions as attack and sit could no longer fit in my hotbutton bank without switching from window to window.

Thank's for reading this, Any answer's would be great, even if it's a not a snowball's chance in... Err anyways, Thanks Again

Khaw Ching
70 Shaman of The Rathe
Noble Blade

Last edited by BeatuBeatu : 09-14-2005 at 01:12 PM.
BeatuBeatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 01:53 PM   #57
BeatuBeatu
A Gray Wolf

Even something like this would be awsome.

I mean I know it's kind of a specialty request, but with the hotbank in such close proximity to my group window I could just load my clickies right there, doing away with the need for clickie spot's. I kinda like having everything I use in one coner close to my group window, less trying to keep track of the pointer when I have 50+ people running around in a raid. If everything is right in the corner I can just spin my track ball to that corner and bingo there it is.

I hope this looks doable, even if it doesn't thanks for the consideration. I also use the 1280 x 1024 resolution setting if that matters.

Khaw Ching
70 Shaman of The Rathe
Noble Blade
Old 09-14-2005, 02:14 PM   #58
BeatuBeatu
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnet
I believe the only way to get the close box for tell windows is to set it for ALL chat windows.

If you are brave enough to try this - this is thinking out loud so don't try unless you understand how to fix anything you break.

Try removing the EQUI_ChatWindow.xml from the Soran UI directory and you should get the default windows back with the box in the corner. If you need to reset the window alpha to 30 - normal and 0 - faded

This is untested - try at your own risk (but would be nice to know if it works - have had a few people ask about this)

Dragnet

Put the file back if it doesn't fix it!

Interesting Idea Dragnet. Think I'll try doing that with the chatwindow file from Lodi.

Khaw Ching
Old 09-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #59
BeatuBeatu
A Gray Wolf

Okay Hypathetically speaking. If I take the UI information from the hotbutton 2 file, copy it, open the hotbutton 3 file and paste it in there, would I end up with 2 hottbutton boxes that look identical?

If so I could do this and while not as astetic as I might like for it to look, it would atleast allow me to place a hotbutton window where I pasted one and still retain the look of the rest of the ui, minus any mod I can find that allows me to drag and drop my chat windows instead of resizing to move them.

Khaw Ching
Old 09-14-2005, 05:27 PM   #60
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Anything is possible with some work. My main concern with the UI at this point is getting things working.

Let me try to take a look at 1 point at a time....

Quote:
Okay Hypathetically speaking. If I take the UI information from the hotbutton 2 file, copy it, open the hotbutton 3 file and paste it in there, would I end up with 2 hottbutton boxes that look identical?

Yes.. but you'd have change all the names of the pieces back to Hotbutton3. So it's not quite a simple cut and paste, but pretty close.

Quote:

Yes that will work.

Quote:
2. The spot for clickies shown next to the spell bar (5 clickies) is missing, will it be back?

The short answer is no. The long answer is. Sony gave us 30 more hotbuttons to display on screen. Therefore it doesn't make much sense to use the hardcoded clickies or Inventory slots anymore. By using the new hotbutton windows in it's place, make the UI much more flexible, especially to those who don't know how to go in and change the xml for their clickies.

Quote:
3. The stat bar shown below the group window is also missing, will it be back?

Yes. I started this UI to be a minimalist, so I want to make sure I get everything needed onto the screen without adding too much extra. It will be back as soon as I can.