Password

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 09:37 PM   #46
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default PCs arrived today (DROOL)

Well, sat looking out the window from 4 until about 430PM when UPS showed up.
I ordered 2 systems, the only upgrade was the video card (Ti 4200 128M) and OS (Win XP Home)

Finally got the old systems all unplugged and then hooked up the two new systems.

Power up and go....
System number 1 - Installed All expansions and in game total time 45 minutes. My wife then promptly logged in and was running around the bazaar (all models on, clip plane at 100) there was some chop/lag but it was negligble (sp?)

System number 2 - Installed all the expansions and in game total time 53 minutes (trying to d/l updates while she was running around the bazaar, hmmm maybe that contributed to the lag ?)

Overall, I could not give a higher recommendation. These two systems rock !
Also, I figured I should specifically state this, The systems arrived ready to go. OS and all drivers already installed. All I had to do was hook up the connections and I was ready to surf.

Thanks Erik

Thanks Kudane for getting together with Erik and Daer PC for this deal

Weskat

p.s. 1 down side, I have to find all those UI mods and set them up again. Very small price to pay.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 06:16 PM   #47
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

First, No I am using the default sound, and it sound great...

Second,

In figuring out that most people would like EQ software on thier machine, I sent Erik a copy of a bare-bones EQ directory with all Patches through 3/1/03.. that means that starting next week anyone who orders the machines will find EQ pre-installed AND 99% patched.. only the most recent patches not run.. But it will have LOY,POP, SOL, SOV, and ROK files all installed. Please remember that you must have a registered account to access the corosponding files. We are only putting the files on the HD's as a convience. We are not giving out a new account, we are just saving you all install time..

(wanna place bets how long till Erik or I get an emial "what my new account login".. hehehehe)

I did a fresh install, ran all the patches on DSL, and then Backed the entire folder up on to disk.. (4 CDs btw). these CDs will not be included, again. you must have purchased the Disk to have a valid account, and as stated above.. you must have a valid account.

Ok hopefully thats clear enough..

glad everyone is enjoying thier systems... I will have some more pictures next week for everyone..

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:57 PM   #48
portenth
A Gray Wolf

Server: e'ci
Send a message via ICQ to portenth Send a message via AIM to portenth Send a message via Yahoo to portenth
Default How long?

Just curious for those of you who ordered systems, how long was it from the time you ordered until it was shipped? Been waiting 11 days now and getting antsy to at least know its on its way, ya know?
portenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:03 AM   #49
Kudane
Co-Founder

Default Re: How long?

Quote:
Originally posted by portenth
Just curious for those of you who ordered systems, how long was it from the time you ordered until it was shipped? Been waiting 11 days now and getting antsy to at least know its on its way, ya know?

Did you get an email with a Tracking number??? if not Call Erik.. because he ships them all UPS so that you have a tracking number to see where you package is at..

If you DID get a tracking number go to UPS.com and track it.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:12 AM   #50
portenth
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via ICQ to portenth Send a message via AIM to portenth Send a message via Yahoo to portenth

No, haven't gotten a tracking number. Was told Friday it would ship yesterday, and I've asked for a tracking number, but haven't gotten one. Ergo - I'm frustrated.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:17 AM   #51
gwythian
A Fire Beetle

I just wanna ask something...this special doesn't end until may right? Because i'm saving up to buy two of these nice systems and just want to make sure i have enough time to get enough. <smiles> And the buble lights...I'm confused on how they look when turned on, the whole thing lights up and the air bubbles move? or the air bubbles are just stuck where they are?
gwythian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:39 PM   #52
keshanti
A Fire Beetle

portenth : I too had to wait a while for the tracking number, had 3-5 day shipping and got it in 9 days lol, its ok eric is a good guy, think they just really busy. Daer has great customer service, and the computer is cherry. i have just the base computer, no upgrades and its wonderful. i run through bazaar with little to no lag at all with all models high res. /thumbs up daer and eqgui ^ ^

edit: gwy : the bubles are stationary on the sides of the computer with vibrant blue lighting, looks tight
keshanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 01:43 PM   #53
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>

Bubble lights?!!!

...don't tell me that in addition to the cup holder that they throw in a lava lamp too!... now I gotta have one
Old 03-19-2003, 01:57 PM   #54
Kudane
Co-Founder

This special will run through AT LEAST May. Which means if it is doing well it could be extended. More likely if it does well, Erik may actually work out yet another special.. But again, this one is good till the end of May for sure.

I actually ordered the Catho-interior light setup after my machine arrived, and installed it over the weekend.

I also got one of the test cases that had multilple colors. Erik is still testing these, both the quality, and realiablity to get them.. soo please don't be upset if you get one with solid blue lights.. those are the dependable work-horse models.. (as EQInterface.com admin Erik asked me to test this one)

But I took a picture to show Erik, and I am attaching it here.. if you like the interior light, you can ask Erik about it, I think its a 35-40$ upgrade for the kit. And he can tell you what colors he has availble..

I added two switches to the front of my machine (in the lower 5.25 slot plate), to turn the inside, and beveled lights off, this is not standard I did this over the weekend at home. after hitting the electronics store for the switches.

Attached is the image, taken at night, with only the lights of the machine on.. (They are very bright!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lights-on.jpg (65.4 KB, 105 views)
Old 03-20-2003, 01:20 AM   #55
Evandril
A Ghoul

Server: E'Ci
Send a message via AIM to Evandril Send a message via Yahoo to Evandril
Default Helping your buisness a bit, with permission

Linked this message thread on my Guild message boards, so should have a few new customers for ya... Know of at least one system we've bought, and one most likely being picked up...Plus, trying to figure out where to get $1k m'self, get a pair of 'em

Oh, link to our boards, 'tis in the main hall, if you want to see the post

http://pub34.ezboard.com/bkeepersoftheblood
Evandril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:50 PM   #56
PanchoC
A Bat

I'll keep an eye on this. I built a machine last summer by myself, it was probably a bit more expensive than this system but I had to pay for individual shipping and all of that, plus the actual effort to build it (got a dud motherboard and then fried a CPU; why do I always have bad luck?).

Good to hear such positive feedback so far.

My dreams of 2boxing resume.
PanchoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 07:31 AM   #57
Jukar_Dak'Thal
A Ghoul

Thumbs up Got mine

Got mine Monday, after a bit of trouble with UPS loosing one... somewhere a UPS driver has a really nice system. Erik compensated me for the trouble, and I'm very pleased with the system so far. I can turn on all luclin models and run through the bazaar now. Never thought I'd see that day. heh. Definately worth it

"King of Jungle, only here to help." - George of the Jungle
Jukar_Dak'Thal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:00 AM   #58
portenth
A Gray Wolf

Default Got mine

Got mine - opened it - hooked everything up - set up home network - logged into EQ - running in bazaar in less than 30 minutes. EQ was installed and ready to go when I got it. And, when I say running in bazaar - I was! Unbelievable. Had clip pane all the way up even.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:01 AM   #59
gwythian
A Fire Beetle

Question just saw this...

confused all of a sudden...just went to check out and drool over the computer <crosses his fingers about ordering one today> all of a sudden a price increase of 100 dollars? And the 1.7 gigahertz is no longer an option on chipset? I don't want to wait 3 paychecks =/.... Guess my lil ol' 450 p3 machine will have to work a lil while longer.
gwythian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:36 AM   #60
Lowtax
A Fire Beetle

Why is it $100 more now? I was planning on getting one for my birthday my parents would spend like 800 bucks on it but not 900. Please clarify if this is just an error.
Lowtax is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread