Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 10:40 AM   #61
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Why not send them an email or even call their toll free number?
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:42 AM   #62
Lowtax
A Fire Beetle

Too lazy.
Lowtax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:20 PM   #63
daerpc
A Gray Wolf

Server: !

Sorry for the confusion - we had a backorder on the Athlon XP 1700+ - price increase should have been $50.00 but we got the Athlon XP 1700+'s back in today so we are back to $499.00.

Thanks very much for the interest -
daerpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:29 AM   #64
Lowtax
A Fire Beetle

woot
Lowtax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 05:29 PM   #65
jodadda
A Fire Beetle

Hi im new here and was just wondering... how are the files and patches installed on the pc if you dont order an OS with the system you buy?
jodadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 08:18 PM   #66
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by jodadda
Hi im new here and was just wondering... how are the files and patches installed on the pc if you dont order an OS with the system you buy?

he installs a copy of windows ME.. while this is technically an operating system.. its not really worth charging for ROFL!!

and if you dont have XP, its worth the small price to upgrade to it.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:51 PM   #67
jodadda
A Fire Beetle

Alright thanks for clearing that up =)
jodadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 05:35 PM   #68
AsainPopstar
A Gray Wolf

Server: Fennin Ro

--

Last edited by AsainPopstar : 04-20-2003 at 12:24 AM.
AsainPopstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:32 AM   #69
Sthikik
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Zebuxoruk
Send a message via ICQ to Sthikik

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
he installs a copy of windows ME.. while this is technically an operating system.. its not really worth charging for ROFL!!

and if you dont have XP, its worth the small price to upgrade to it.

HEY!

I'm still running ME that YOU installed on my machine there Kudane... ok the wife's Machine has XP, but it doesn't like the graphics card I got for her... something about WinXP doesn't support it... Yet

so yes some of us like ME, its simple, its easy... and after dealing with Win2k Servers, trying to integrate them with Linux and BSD, not to mention all the dang NT4.0 out there, and other proprietary BS, and worst of all MACs on the network... easy is good... easy is fun.... ok I'll go shut up and color some more... where's my Jack and Coke.... I knew I left it here somewhere...
Zeb Server!
Sthikik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:46 AM   #70
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Microsoft has already apologized for windows ME
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 11:03 AM   #71
Sthikik
A Crystal Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally posted by Dolby
Microsoft has already apologized for windows ME

You know something...

think of this.... 20 years ago, computers were the size of houses running hundreds of thousands of lines of code... then along came Integrated circuitry... and a computer could fit on a desk (or was a desk)... then along came IBM and made them faster... and Apple soon followed suit... following many others (TSR-80, and the analog cassette program loader)... then Windows comes along... Win 1.0, Win 1.1... etc... computers keep getting faster, needing more memory, needing more harddrive space... Win 2K, WinXP... more power (grunt-ala-Tim Allen)... but you know what... there are really not that many more lines of Code... its a conspiracy!!! Win and Intel/AMD just want to soak us for our money... new and Improved Win2003(tm) ooops... your P4 won't run that.. need a p6 and 1 Gig of Ram just to run the program... oh, you want to Run Everquest... get another 1 gig of Ram, oh you want to load an Alternate User Interface... need a better graphics Card... ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sorry.... was dealing with the wife's BS all weekend long on why her new graphics card doesn't like EQ, but loves WinXP... so I guess I need to get her a different card... which will be a different thread....

-S
Old 04-21-2003, 11:05 AM   #72
Sthikik
A Crystal Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally posted by Sthikik
You know something...

think of this.... 20 years ago, computers were the size of houses running hundreds of thousands of lines of code... then along came Integrated circuitry... and a computer could fit on a desk (or was a desk)... then along came IBM and made them faster... and Apple soon followed suit... following many others (TSR-80, and the analog cassette program loader)... then Windows comes along... Win 1.0, Win 1.1... etc... computers keep getting faster, needing more memory, needing more harddrive space... Win 2K, WinXP... more power (grunt-ala-Tim Allen)... but you know what... there are really not that many more lines of Code... its a conspiracy!!! Win and Intel/AMD just want to soak us for our money... new and Improved Win2003(tm) ooops... your P4 won't run that.. need a p6 and 1 Gig of Ram just to run the program... oh, you want to Run Everquest... get another 1 gig of Ram, oh you want to load an Alternate User Interface... need a better graphics Card... ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sorry.... was dealing with the wife's BS all weekend long on why her new graphics card doesn't like EQ, but loves WinXP... so I guess I need to get her a different card... which will be a different thread....

-S

nevermind... I guess I'll just tell the wife to save her $$ and buy a Daer PC... at least I know that one will be ready out of the BOX to play and I can stop getting more Grey Hair... at 31 *sniff* I used to be blonde... then I got involved with Computers... now I'm grey and developing Pattern Baldness... (read that... I'm pulling hair out when my hair gets long enough to grab onto)
Old 04-24-2003, 09:15 PM   #73
Dravenlee
A Ghoul

Default Any ETA on DaerPC maintenance?

When I first heard about the DaerPC offer, the first thing that I thought of was "Thank God for income tax checks!!!" I had been in contact with DaerPC and placed an order on hold until I could get the tax check and send in payment in full for the compy....Well, I get the check in Good Friday, and DaerPC was expectedly closed for the Easter Holiday....crap....gotta wait until Monday to place the order....Monday rolls around and I called....and called....and called.....and then decided to vistit the web-site and just place the order thrugh there....and lo and behold, they are closed due to maintenance...WHY GOD?! WHY??!!!! Anyone have any idea about how long they will be down b/c I WANT MY COMPY!!!!! Heh.....thanks for anyone's help!

Dravenlee O'Barr
"And suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping on my chamber door...you heard me rapping, right?"
Dravenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 04:24 PM   #74
Jamul
A Gray Wolf

Default question

Daerpc,

Are you still running the memory special and will that motherboard support up to a AMD +2700 if I decide to upgrade later?

Last edited by Jamul : 04-25-2003 at 04:39 PM.
Jamul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 01:39 AM   #75
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Default Re: question

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamul
Daerpc,

Are you still running the memory special and will that motherboard support up to a AMD +2700 if I decide to upgrade later?

Jamul I dont follow what your asking...

the memory special is running till the end of may.. on any single order...

can you rephrase the question a little better.. soo he might understand it too..

PS they were down this week to move locations. they were expanding to a new building from what I heard.
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread