User Name
Password

Old 01-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
kasca
A Lost Soul

Server: the rathe
Send a message via ICQ to kasca
Default EQPlayers

Ok i been looking at it. ?Now do you have to pay for it? Just what dose everyone think. Is it worth while?

Kasca
Old 01-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #2
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Base service is free, if you want spells/skills/rankings then you have to pay. ~$36.00/year / account for the full package iirc.
Magelo subscription is ~$12/year (for a "certified" profile, manually updated is free I think) and allows up to 3 accounts iirc (is subject to downtime following patches.) Rankings via EQRankings.

Alla's ~$30.00 / year and (as far as I can tell) offers all the stuff EQPlayers does plus You can "search for upgrades" once you have your chars data imported. You also get easier access to a very large database of quests which EQPlayers does not provide. (hehe added bonus - 10% off at EBGames and a subscription to Computer Gaming World.)

Both of the above don't have the "first hand" data that SOE has, so some of the info may not be accurate.
Personal opinion - I give Magelo / Alla's money they deliver a product. When bugs are found they fix problems as soon as they can. I give SOE money and they deliver the product. From previous history (EQ/EQ2/SWG) - When bugs are found they will fix the problem as soon as they can provided it doesn't interefere with the release of the next expansion and you are VERY vocal about it.

So, imho, EQPlayers isn't worth the price. I also wouldn't be surprised if it went the way of EQIM.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
Kellan
A Snow Cougar

Default Comparing

I paid for the EQPlayers (EQP) Item Database for one month to compare it to Allakhazam's (AK), since I have been a paying member / manual contributor to AK for years.

My main is a 70 cleric who regularly raids Anguish-level targets, so I decided to look for upgrades which I had heard come from DemiPlane of Blood in DoD expansion. The plate armor upgrade for clerics is called "* of the Fallen Saint", so I checked both databases for this on 15 February. AK showed five pieces, with stats / drop source / discussion thread. EQP showed two pieces, with stats but no source or discussion. As of this post (28 February), EQP still shows only three pieces still and does not have the Cuirass -- although the NUMBER ONE ranked warrior in all of Everquest according to the EQP leaderboards is WEARING the Cuirass in his profile.

It is obvious that EQP needs serious work before it will be worth using for anything more than comparing your gear to that worn by other players who *choose* to update their profiles. Paying for the EQP service at this time is a complete waste of your money.
Kellan is offline   Reply With Quote